“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 124 Hotels in Doha
Bern, Switzerland
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

we stayed here 1 night during a stop over in Doha. great value for money, close to the airport, nice pool and sauna for refreshing, and also very good breakfast buffet with made to order omletes. highly recommended for a 1 or 2 night stop over if you are traveling to/from Europe to/from Asia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future visits.

Mashhour Al Refai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was bad from the start! Upon arriving to Doha airport, We had to wait in the heat for a hotel car for over 45 minutes, and then we were charged 60 Qatary Riyals for a ride that's only 7 Riyals, by public Taxi!!
We booked this hotel, on line, for one day with breakfast at 600 Qtr R. = $160.
We wanted to extend the next day, and that's when the tricks started.
They informed me that the hotel was all booked, not one room to spare!!
The manager then told me he would charge me 1000 Qtr R = $275 that's
75% more than what I had paid just last night!!
On my computer I showed the manager that I can book a room, at his "all booked up" hotel right infront him, and at a $140 a day!! He came back with " A "very special offer for you" for $220. I then told him that the hotel down the street "Copthorne" is at $120, Why would I pay him n additional $100 for almost the same room!! I then picked my luggage and left in disgust. As to my room, we had a lot of issues that made our stay un peaceful. The lights did not work. I asked for an iron and received it the next day. The electrician came twice to replace a lamp and a couple of light bulbs.
I am never going there again. I feel riped off!!

Room Tip: Doha is full of good hotels. My adice: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear valued guest,

It is very obvious that we did not meet your expectations! I must say, waiting for hotel-driver after long flight is certainly ‘’ Bad beginning”
I would like to sincerely apologize for what has happened. I can only say this is definitely not the type of service product we strive to offer to our guests every day & I hope this one-time incident is not taken as permanent impression about our service & people. I agree this case was a total short fall from our side not only the delay of our driver, but also reception staff should have communicated the case to management in order to meet you same time of your arrival & acknowledge the hassle you have encountered and of course offer compensation. Please also note that we have shared this case with all staff members to ensure constructive & corrective measures are taking place to prevent such incident from happening again. I have to say it was very touching disappointing to all of them as we do have excellent team members who normally walk the extra mile to assist our guests at all times.
Personally, I would love to have the details of your next visit & take care of your next-stay arrangements in Doha irrespective of your choice of hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time.
Again, I sincerely apologize & look forward to have another opportunity in the near future to serve you better.

Mobile number +974 6660 7004
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is pitched at a medium price range so expectations cannot be the same as the top hotels in Doha. Its positives are its good location close to the airport, the rooms are spacious, the breakfasts are better than average and the internet is free or at least it is not an added charge.
The down side is the room service food was average only. TV channels very limited. AC very noisy, hard beds and a pool that is small and useless for business people wanting to exercise and swim laps .
Service is friendly and genuine which is a nice change.
An acceptable hotel for the price.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

Please note that all your valuable comments are being actioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon & have the opportunity to share improvements.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am used to go to this hotel and every time i come back i feel home.
The staff is very friendly, helpful and their smile is the right start of your busy day.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable.
Breakfast excellent, I love variety and there you can find any kind of food.

What can I say more? try it and you will feel home.

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments & feedback; it was indeed great pleasure to serve you.

Your favorable comments have been shared with all our colleagues & we sincerely thank you for staying with us.

We look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Best regards,

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever been. Few things that stand out:
1. Excellent rooms: Fresh, spacious, new furniture, well-maintained. Toliets were big and spacious.
2. Great variety of breakfast and excellent service to make you feel special. Being an Indian, I never liked concept of teabags, so the waiter got me hot & ready to drink masala tea from the kitchen :)
3. Location is excellent: Close to Bank street, airport, souk waqif; not very far from other business areas
4. Staff: By far the most smiling and friendly staff in any of the hotels. Hats off!
5. Excellent service: Never had to wait for more than 2 mints for any of room service items
6. Amazing pool, jacuzzi and gym
7. Internet speed is very good

Only complaint is they dont have much variety for vegetarians in buffet lunch and dinner. However, good vegetarian food is just a crossing away.

Planning to stay int his hotel again during my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments & feedback.

We are in the process of opening another restaurant as well revising our menus to add more vegetarian items.

I personally, look forward to welcoming you back in the near future have the opportunity to serve you better.

Best regards,

chandigarh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great value for money,includes internet as well.Convenient location.The staff is friendly and helpful.Always a pleasing experience to enter hotel.Gym and spa needs improvement but is reasonable.Comfortable lobby good for informal meetings. It is reasonably priced its rooms and bathroom facilities are better then many 5 star hotels at more than double the price. An affordable 5 star stay, family friendly hotel.It is just few minutes away from Doha International Airport.Rooms are modern .But other hotels have more complimentary offers including pick up and drop at the airport.Dinning not five star but reasonable.The room has bathroom with a good quality shower and bathtub, LCD TV with DVD player, interactive satellite channels, High speed internet access (access which is given upon arrival at the reception), spacious work desk, personal safe, tea and coffee making facilities and mini bar as well.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon & have the opportunity to share the improvements you highlighted.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Every now and then you come across a hotel that delivers everything it promises and more. The Concorde Hotel in Doha is that type of hotel. It is reasonably priced its rooms and bathroom facilities are better then many 5 star hotels at more than double the price. Breakfast and wifi are also included - no extra charge. They even place a bowl of fruit in the room and 3 x  0.5L complimentary bottles of mineral water again included in the price.

The rooms are large well designed with good quality furniture. Large walk in shower and separate bath tub. Comfortable beds, blackout curtains and quiet made for an excellent night's sleep.

The hotels location is excellent, convenient both for the airport and city centre.

The staff are brilliant they are some of the nicest and best trained I have experienced polite, lots of smiles from everyone and they go out of their way to help and make you feel welcome. All the staff were like this. Truly incredible.

The room service food was well prepared and reasonably priced and was available 24 hours.

Whoever developed this hotel really understands what business travelers want. The CEOs of Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton et al, could really learn a lot about real hospitality by staying a couple of nights at the Concorde.

To the staff of the Concorde thank you. If you read some of my other Trip Advisor reviews you will see I don't give compliments easily - well done

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear guest,

Just a short note to sincerely thank you for your kind review with regards to your recent stay in our hotel. It is a great feeling when we know that our valued guest left our hotel with total satisfaction.

I was very pleased to read your favorable comments and impressions about the hotel; they have been relayed to all concerned team members which gave more eagerness of continuing to make guest happy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future bookings.

Mashhour Al Refai

Been to Concorde Hotel Doha? Share your experiences!