“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

A great St Regis, welcoming, relaxed, friendly, everything you need to have a wonderful stay.
Fantastic breakfast, with perfect eggs Benedict.

Rooms are extremely comfortable and relaxing, with very good bed. Bed extremely comfortable. I can not imagine staying anywhere else when I am in Qatar and look forward to returning as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Higher is better facing the sea
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at The St. Regis Doha. I’m pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service at the hotel and especially the breakfast at Vine restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Doha.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
muscat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

such a long way to go before this hotel is anywhere like 5 star quality. Phew, where to start; cracked glass teapot at breakfast. Ordered coffee instead - 3rd time of asking it arrived complete with sulky service. Service generally is terribly slow. Room; lights around basin didn't work; reported to management, nothing happened. Likewise plug in basin didn't fit so had to keep water running to shave; ridiculous. Even the salt cellar that came with room service was inoperable.

For a hotel of this price an aspiration, this is an insult to customers. What a pity. If you want to see how its done I suggest the 4 Seasons.

Room Tip: don't pay for this yourself.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Following your stay at The St. Regis Doha it is disappointing to read we did not meet your expectation. The service you described is not what you can expect from a stay at a St. Regis Hotel. I have shared your comments with the team and action plans have been put in place to address your remarks. I would like the opportunity to invite you back to the hotel allowing us to demonstrate the bespoke St. Regis service our guests have become accustomed to.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The St Regis is without doubt a full 5* hotel. It has only been open a short time so everything has that brand new aura about it. The room was large and immaculate. It had every comfort

I was staying for both work and leisure and I feel it fulfilled my requirements for both. The room and free wifi afforded a good working environment with the massive pool deck and small private beach providing a beautiful facility for the weekend leisure element. The pool experience is good though not yet up to speed with competitor Four Seasons in respect of pool set up, personal attendance and pool "amenities" ie poolside complimentarytreats. Some staff training would easily address this. The spa facilities are to a very high standard.

There is a butler service which is complimentary yet have no fear that this is intrusive. My butler Francis (thankyou!) was discreet and sensed the degree to which I wanted (minimal) support. But I did thoroughly enjoy the excellent (English standard) tea served in my room - great when you are working!

I agree with other reviewers that this new hotel still has a few teething problems - nothing major - and my advice would be anything you notice please give feedback to Michael general manager or Krystal (front of house). They were kindness itself when I had a minor issue. My judgement of any hotel always being influenced by how well they respond to guest feedback. They were not found to be lacking in this respect.

As a woman travelling alone I was especially appreciative of the personal attention given by Brendan executive chef, who sensed my minor discomfort on the day the buffet breakfast was especially busy and stepped in to ensure I had everything I needed brought directly to me. That's what I call exceptional guest service.

It might be worth bearing in mind that this hotel is just outside the city which in itself is attractive - but the downside is that there are no local dining options. It is a case of taxi or dine in the hotel.

I used the hotel transport to and from the airport and though more expensive than a taxi it was fabulously efficient, reliable and comfortable with wonderful drivers. Worth every penny.

I would recommend this hotel and will most certainly return.

Room Tip: Grand deluxe is very well appointed with very large double windows.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Delighted to read you had such an enjoyable experience at The St. Regis Doha. Guest feedback is crucial to establishing the finest address in Qatar, a lot of time and effort goes into training the staff to deliver upon that promise. I’m especially pleased to read your comments about our signature St. Regis Butler service allowing a truly bespoke service for all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Qatar.
Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The biggest issue with this hotel is that in general quality of the building is, by my opinion, bad.
Walls in rooms are too thin and not good sound isolated, so you can hear everything from the next room. Because of that you cannot sleep properly. Carpets are very chip as well as pictures reproductions. Windows are not overlapping properly, so you have sand in your room. Floor decoration is terrible, like in three star hotels. Then, in some areas in hotel itself you can see a cracked marble and walls, which is not highly appreciated in luxury hotels. And this one is still new!!!!
During my stay, phone lines were down for two times as well as elevators.
During a breakfast, which is in a buffet style, you have a live cooking station. This is good, but no exhausting at all!!!!!? You must be kidding!
One morning I received a wake-up call which I didn’t ask for. Anyway it was so early that I didn’t have strength to complain. Room service is slow, although, service overall is not bad and, I think it’s a best part of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I regret to read your stay did not meet your expectation. Although it is good to read you enjoyed the levels of service in the hotel, I regret to read you did not appreciate the design of the building. A lot of time and effort went into the design of The St. Regis Doha embracing the local architecture and surrounding landscape. Together with the architects we wanted to create a space that gives a real sense of destination with discreet touches in the interior design like the wood carving, marble floors and Arabic style windows. I do hope to welcome you back for your future stays in Qatar.
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was in Doha for a conference. I was in the Grand Deluxe room with a sea view. The room was spacious, well decorated and furnished, with a very clean and large bathroom with a shower and a tub. There was a screen facing the tub linked to the room TV.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the variety of restaurants offered a large choice for food. I had a fantastic dinner in their grill restaurant, the Astor Grill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The St. Regis Doha and for sharing images of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back and offer the bespoke levels of service you experienced during your visit.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Its a shame that the service at a st. regis hotel is as bad as this. The hotel is very nice, the facilities, the rooms and atmosphere. however, nobody from the staff seems to know what they're doing and very simple requests take the forever to be handled.
i had requested an extra bed since it was me and my two children staying in one room and i called before arriving twice to make sure the bed was available but i was surprised upon arrival to be told no beds were available and after 30 minutes of waiting at reception the manager came and promised the problem will be solved. i went out to have dinner and an hour later i received a call telling me the bed was in my room however when i got back to the room there was no bed to be found.
another problem was the buffet breakfast, the hotel offered two restaurant options vine and astor grill, however every morning hotel staff seem to usher guests including me to the smaller darker lounge style restaurant Astor Grill. On my last day at the hotel, as usual a staff member tried to do the same morning routine of sending me to Astor but i refused then she told me Vine might be closing early that morning (it was 9:15 and breakfast is till 11) I ignored her and walked in. to my surprise the restaurant had very few tables occupied and i was welcomed by the servers. the restaurant had more food variety and had fantastic views of the ocean and cannot be compared to Astor in both aspects of food and decor, i guess management is trying to categorize their guests by allowing western guests in Vine and the other arab/asian guests in Astor.
Also there seems to be some sort of construction going on in the hotel and drilling noise in rooms
starts at 6 am.
In conclusion, I wouldn't stay there again. very poor value for money and terrible management.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
It is a shame to read you had a disappointing experience during your stay. I forwarded your comments avoiding future delays on delivering the extra beds. During the Eid weekend we had a very high number of requests for extra beds and now we have purchased additional beds avoiding further challenges. Regarding your breakfast experience, we extended the breakfast options by opening a second restaurant for the convenience of our guests allowing shorter waiting times, we had no intention of categorizing our guests and wanted to give our guests the choice between the two, I regret to read you felt you had no choice and I will make sure to communicate this better to our guests in the future. I do hope you allow us another chance to welcome you to the hotel, please contact me directly upon your next visit to Doha so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very nice hotel. The rooms are all spacious, cleaned, well furnished, complete with flat screen, I-pod dock, electrical plugs of different sorts and adapters. Very clean.
The best part is the staff. They are ALL so helpful and friendly.
Restaurants are all great, with friendly atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent service
The only drawback is that it is on the expensive side, but so is all Doha

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Following your visit, allow me to thank you for sharing your experience online. I’m delighted to read you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Doha.

Been to The St. Regis Doha? Share your experiences!