“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gdansk
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great and impresive hotel.
Main entrance and lobby is amazing. Staff is well trained and enjoy their job. A specially butlers do a great job. They are very discrette and helpfull. Restaurants are great so I did't have to eat outside the hotel. Fitness center well equiped and nicely located. Outside pool is great and you may want to rent private willa with private jacuzzi. When I cut my finger security took a great care of me. If you wont to visit special hotel i special city you may choose St Regis Doha. I recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed May 2012
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We appreciate your feedback very much and will make sure to share your positive comments with all our staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The St. Regis Doha, we look forward to welcoming you back and have another exceptional stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've been traveling to Doha for business for years and last week I went to the St. Regis Hotel for the first time and I have to say the Vintage bar was amazing. I had a warm greeting at the door by the bar manager who had a beautiful smile, she walked me to a table next to the piano, then a lovely server who's name was Lovely brought me the menu, all I wanted was a glass of wine and and a cigar but I saw the box of Hennessy Paradis in the corner table so I decided to have that instead. I have to say the pianist was great, the service was terrific and everyone at the hotel from the door to everyone at the Bar had a huge smile, I have to say I think they only hire happy people at The St. Regis Hotel. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Vintage, I've been to many bars in Doha but this is truly a classy bar, just one thing I hope they increase the cigar list, I spoke to the manager Mydel? And she said they will have a more extended list in the next coming days. Well done St. Regis you truly have a beautiful place and I will definitely come back next time I'm in Doha.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience in our Vintage Bar. We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Doha on your next trip to Qatar. Coming in September we also have the debut of our Jazz at Lincoln Center which will be the premiere Jazz venue in the Middle East.

Tareq Derbas
New Romney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in June when he surprised me for my birthday. And what a surprise it was!! From the moment we arrived at the hotel, all of the staff were very attentive. The valet car park attendants opened my door for me and greeted me in perfect English. The doorman opened the door for us, the staff in the lobby took us personally through to the maître d', who greeted my partner by name and informed us that our guests were already seated (and seeing as I didn't know I was staying in the hotel at this point, I was already in total awe about how smoothly done everything was!!) We had dinner in the Vine restaurant and it was sensational - all of the waiters and waitresses were great - attentive but not over bearing. Our wine was delivered to the table and decanted for us, gin and tonics were devine and the tonic came in its own little decanter (I hate it when you are paying for a nice meal in a hotel and the tonic come in the can to your table!! Ugly service!! Thankfully the St Regis has got this right).

After dinner, we went to the Vintage bar - we wanted another bottle of the wine that we had drunk over dinner and although it wasn't on the list in the bar, it was no problem or trouble for them to fetch another for us and again decent it. The pianist played me a special birthday song - I can't remember all of the lyrics but it was about laughing and having fun with friends on my birthday - before playing the traditional one to us too.

Once my friends had left and I thought we were leaving too, my partner took me out t the terrace and showed me the view from the hotel. A lovely view (for Qatar) of the hotel pool, which is huge, the Arabian Gulf and the Pearl off to the side. He then told me we were staying for 2 nights!!! Needless to say I felt very special.

While we had been eating, my luggage had been brought up from the car and put into our room (I was told to pack weekend things but I assumed we were staying at his house in Doha as I live further north), a rose had been put by the bed and a birthday cake put on the coffee table - touches that hadn't been arranged by my partner so he was also pleasantly surprised by the extra lengths gone to by the staff.

The room had a view over the terrace, pool and sea. The room itself was beautiful, the bathroom stunning and the products smelt beautiful. If we needed anything, we could call our butler who would bring stuff to us - pots of tea, coffee, pillows from the menu, etc.

Breakfast in the morning was delightful (again in the Vine restaurant) - the maître d' knew our names from the previous evening, brought us pastries, tea, coffee, juice - whatever we wanted. The rest of the day was spent by the pool. The pool attendants helped us to find a lounger, laid the towels out for us, brought us iced bottles of water and cold towels and knew us by name! They even brought these to us when we were in the water swimming to help us stay hydrated. The only downside about the pool was that it already has some missing tiles from the bottom of the pool - disappointing seeing the hotel has only been open a couple of months and the hotel is still not fully open.

Dinner in the evening was had at The Opal - it felt very relaxed. We had already had a sneak into the restaurant earlier in the day and interrupted the staff who were preparing for service. At the time, they were still very keen to show us around and to help answer any questions, hoping that we would come to eat there in the evening. Julian, the restaurant manager, who had greeted us in the morning, welcomed us back and found us a table even though we had not made a reservation. He was on hand throughout the evening, and again, brought us the wine we loved form The Vine restaurant.

The service we received from all of the staff at the St Regis was exceptional and made the stay feel very special as we were treated like royalty. The whole weekend was very relaxing indeed and both my partner and I cannot wait to come back and stay here again, although we will have to save our Riyals as this place is expensive, but in our minds, totally worth it - a gem of a hotel in Doha! Thank you to my very wonderful partner and everyone at the St Regis for making my birthday so special! xx

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for providing a very detailed overview of your recent birthday weekend spent at The St. Regis Doha. I am delighted to hear that your experience throughout your stay was exceptional and you and your partner thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back very soon.

Tareq Derbas
Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

the hotel feels very new and not so many people around,
over all was nice,
the swimming pool was huge and the sun loungers around it were great, the sea was not very clean, i guess the location of the hotel makes all the rubbish in the water come that side..
not all of their restaurants opened and over all the food and beverage and all their services seemed a bit too expensive,
breakfast was not the best, however it was ok, they were not very generous and so many things including a glass of water was considered extra,
no tea coffee making in the rooms which was very odd
however overall it was nice, doha in general not great with the choices of hotels, so if you are in a business trip however you d like to combine it with a long weekend that is a good choice..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Doha and sharing your feedback. At this moment in time we have six restaurants & lounges fully operational with four more restaurants to open after summer, this will include the much anticipated opening of Jazz at Lincoln Center. We noted your comments regarding the pricing and would like to point out we think it is important to offer guests different experiences from casual dining at Vine or by the pool to a fine dining experience in Gordon Ramsay. This allows us to offer our guests a dining experience at different price points. Following the feedback we received, we have expanded the selection of at our breakfast buffet over the past few weeks; we hope you will notice the difference upon your next visit as we look forward to welcoming you back.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We arrived in St Regis Doha for a one night stopover and we were treated to an amazing seamless experience at this wonderful new hotel. Could not imagine better. This hotel will have a great future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to read you had such a wonderful experience at The St. Regis Doha. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

the hotel with its room was very nice and elegant, especially its olympic size swimming pool, but the problem is that since its still new, it lacked a lot.

workers were still around everywhere, swimming pool's floor had broken pieces and the pool was dirty the 2nd day. Staff werent very ready in terms of information (each person would give us a different information than the other) which is very confusing and bad impression for a 5-star hotel.

The decor of the room is elegant and neat. It has a lot of controllable lights. but the wall paintings hanged are not real paintings but rather prints of a painting. Which is strange for a 5-star hotel.

The bathroom was clean and elegant but the tv in it was still not working, and the bathroom was flooded when u take a shower, we had to call in the room service after the shower.

The pool had a variety of nice seatings around it. We were given complimentary drinks/snacks, water, and cold towels. The beach however was very dirty and not ready!

Staff was very friendly and tried to help. Moreover, very kind of them, they put a small cake inside our room since they knew I booked for a surprise birthday gift stay for my spouse, which was a nice gesture.

If those issues were solved, it would be a standard of a 5-star hotel, but right now, its unfortunate that u pay for such a standard but get much lower.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations following your recent visit. We are very dedicated to offer each guest a bespoke experience, your feedback helps us continuously improve on delivering upon that promise. We are sorry to see that some aspects of your visit did not live up to your expectation and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered. Your comments have been shared with the entire team and we will focus on the areas on mentioned. It is great to read you found the staff to be friendly, we will continue to focus on training and improving areas of the hotel so we can live up to our potential and welcome you back to The St. Regis Doha.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is without doubt the worst five-star hotel I have ever visited. Service levels are so poor that it is easier to believe you are in a budget two-star hotel.

We visited this hotel on 31 May 2012 with the intention of having a drink and eating in one of the restaurants.

We decided not to eat at the hotel after it took nearly fifteen minutes, and required reminding the bar staff three times, to deliver the two gin and tonics we had ordered. This is obviously not the service one should expect.

Afterwards we discovered that the hotel does not allow regular taxis access to the front of the hotel and therefore forces the use of a considerably more expensive hotel car. However, even though we readily accepted this, it still took over twenty minutes, repeated requests to the concierge, and finally a complaint to the reception desk for the car to be provided.

In a city with several five-star hotels with really good levels of service there is absolutely no reason to subject yourself to the appalling service this hotel offers. I certainly will not be doing so again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent experience at The St. Regis Doha on the 31st of May 2012.

It is most unfortunate that your experience in our Vintage Bar did not meet your expectations on this occasion due to the delay in receiving your beverages. Your feedback has been addressed with our staff to ensure that this does not happen again. Please note that we are in the process of finalizing a permanent location for Taxis in front of the hotel so Hotel and Restaurant guests will have the option of utilizing either our Hotel car service or a Taxi.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back to The St. Regis Doha soon in an attempt to win back your loyalty. At your convenience could you please contact my office on + (974) 4446 0000
to arrange your return visit.

Mr. Tareq Derbas

Been to The St. Regis Doha? Share your experiences!