“Disappointed was advertised at Christmas brunch” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossroads Kitchen

Crossroads Kitchen
West Bay City Center, Al Wahda Street, West Bay, PO Box 25500 | Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Doha 25500, Qatar
+974 4419 6100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 493 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: International, Asian, Contemporary, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: International flavors abound at our restaurant’s Doha, Qatar location. Enjoy everything from a la carte breakfasts to a signature buffet offering ever-changing menu of international foods. Open for dinner on Thursdays. Brunch on Fridays.
“Disappointed was advertised at Christmas brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I have eaten at the restaurant many times. The food & service is always excellent. My problem is today is Christmas day & the hotel advertised a festive meal.
As far as I can see that amounted to serving Turkey & cranberry sauce. Not a roast potatoes or Brussels spout in site.
The only table decoration a sad looking Xmas tree. No glitter, Xmas crackers or party poppers.
There was a meagrely attempt at Christmas with a member of staff dressed up as Santa.
The most disappointing thing for me no Christmas music.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Doha, Qatar
“Rich Buffet Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been to Crossroads Kitchen Restaurant for lunch buffet, I liked the dynamic ambiance when it comes to the colors and the kitchen design. The buffet items were wide and various with International, Mediterranean and Arabic dishes. Staff were friendly and professional specially Fritzie who warmly welcomed me and engaged with me during my time there... I sincerely enjoyed my meal In Crossroads and definitely will be back soon!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Robert Catlin, Director of Beverage & Food for Crossroads at Crossroads Kitchen, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear A-Sallam,

Thank you for taking time to send your feedback regarding your recent visit to our Crossroads lunch buffet. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the wide variety of international cuisine. I passed on your lovely comments to Friztie as well, the whole team were delighted to hear your feedback.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crossroads soon.

Best regards,
Miami
“Will not honor Entertainer coupon for all buffets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Entertainer Coupon states it is good for a buffet. The restaurant will not honor this for a breakfast buffet. We attempted to review this with the host who introduced us to a manager, who also said he could not use a "buffet" coupon for a "buffet." He tried to point to some small print on another page of the Entertainer book but when we discussed why he had this page so readily available.... well it is because clearly every customer thinks that a "buffet" coupon is good for a breakfast "buffet". For some reason they have chosen to stick to this policy despite admitting that this causes many dissatisfied customers who expect to use a "buffet" coupon for a "buffet" meal. Interesting choice in a town with so many options for dining.

If you want to use the Entertainer, I would recommend you go to Movenpick as they offer a buffet coupon and they do honor it for all meals that are buffet. Their place is called Animato. Great food.

We did ask for the director of food and beverage - and we were introduced to the restaurant manager, who told us the same thing.

While the buffet appears to be nice, it was not the calm, quiet leisurely buffet we had been seeking. We arrived at 1015 a.m. and after talking with the 3 individuals about the coupon, we gulped down the buffet hastily as they were shutting things down. After our ten minutes of talking with them, they offered us a complimentary buffet but really we didn't want this - just honor the coupon as indicated.

Servers were nice and friendly. Food mediocre.

The other restaurants in Renaissance Doha are far superior. LOVE the New York Steakhouse, the French place is under renovations but lovely, Champions is a fun sports bar and Cucina (Italian) has a fun vibe.

Marking service as high because servers were great (not host or managers). Marking value as average as it was 135 riyals per person and buffet was decent, not grand, to be expected for the price. Atmosphere would normally be quite nice with the windows and nice floor plan.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Robert C, Director of Beverage and Food at Crossroads at Crossroads Kitchen, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello MandyJane,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed and constructive feedback regarding your recent visit to Crossroads. It means a lot to us that our guests are heard and we would like to discuss your experience with you personally. Please feel free to send me a private message on TripAdvisor, I would be happy to assist further.

I have also passed on your wonderful feedback to the New York Steakhouse, Brasserie, Champions and Cucina teams. They will be delighted to know you enjoyed the food and service, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
Luanda, Angola
“Brunch at Crossroads Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We visited Crossroads Kitchen this weekend for brunch. It was my first proper brunch in Doha, so I was really looking forward to it. I wasn't disappointed. We went with friends who have a kid - it's very child friendly, but not overrun with kids. The food was incredibly good. Lots of great seafood, salads, sushi, meats, desserts. I was really impressed, and although it's not the biggest buffet in the world, the choice is great and very varied. We all stuck to cocktails throughout the afternoon, although there was also wine and beer on offer (as well as soft-drinks, mocktails and spirits) The cocktails were well made, and they certainly didn't skimp on the measures. We had a great afternoon, made even better by the excellent service - not hovering around you, just discreetly on hand when you needed them. We'll definitely go back!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Crossroads Kitchen, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hello “LittleCee”

Thank you for taking time to give us your very detailed and constructive feedback regarding your recent visit to Crossroads Friday Brunch. It is good to hear that you and your friends had a great experience.

The Crossroads team has worked hard to continually develop the Friday Brunch offer and they will be delighted to get your comments

Best Regards
Doha
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had lunch there couple of times.
The food was good, though no many choices were avilable. The soup was delicious.
Staff were helpful and polite, but it takes time for them to come and ask to offer something to drink.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Director of Beverage and Food at Crossroads Kitchen, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Hello “n2nari”

Thank you for your comments in regard to your recent visit to Crossroads Kitchen. They are much appreciated and with such feedback we can continually strive to improve.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crossroads Kitchen soon.

Regards