“Its the best place to hangout with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 12 Nightlife in Doha
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 40 screens and private rooms, we guarantee a great view. In Champions, there’s everything you need to enjoy your favourite sport, guarantee a great view to cheer on your favourite team. At Champions, there’s everything you need to enjoy the top sports.”Open 5pm-2am daily.
Doha, Qatar
“Its the best place to hangout with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We visit Renaissance a lot and are regulars at the Champions, the food is good, especially the sliders and the home made chilli, though they could use a few more bread based dishes. I find the pizza bit oily. As for the atmosphere and service we completely love it. The servers as well as managers are extremely friendly and ready to help. Though I feel they should allow people in shorts and slippers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Visited April 2014
Daniel B, Director Of Restaurants at Champions, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Lezima G,

Thank you very much for visiting Champions and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It is great to see that you enjoy Champions' atmosphere and service on a regular basis. You will be pleased to hear that we will be launching a new menu next month. Classics like the sliders will remain, however, we will introduce new dishes like the Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza.

We hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Doha, Qatar
“Dishonest Waiter and Slow Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've been into this place several times as I like the ambiance. The only thing that stopped me from going there is that there was one occasion where me and my friend had a drink and food. After we decided to leave, we asked for the bill from the waiter. It took 20 minutes to deliver the bill. He was still chatting with his colleague. After he gave the bill on a folder, I paid cash and waited sometime to return the change but it was already more than 5 minutes so we decided to leave. Maybe he assumed that it is already a TIP. Though it was not that big amount of change, but still as a courtesy to the guest, you should return back the change of any amount and wait for you to be given with the TIP.

That was the last experience and I never came back. I twitted it but no one cares about it!

Visited March 2014
Daniel B, Director Of Restaurants at Champions, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear ICDOHA,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to Champions, it is much appreciated.
I am sorry to hear that you have encountered several issues during your visit and would value the opportunity to discuss further if you could contact me at Daniel.Burstein@marriott.com.

Best Regards
Doha
20 attraction reviews
“Football, fried food and beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I think this is the only real sports bar in Doha. It's only place to be for the international football (soccer) matches. However, the service is poor (waitresses look depressed), it's smoky, it's freezing cold (AC too high) and the food is of Hooters/Applebees quality. Apart from that it's relatively cheap and cheerful.

Visited February 2014
Daniel B, Director Of Restaurants at Champions, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear DohaDan,

Thank you very much for reviewing your most recent visit to Champions. Your feed-back is highly appreciated and will certainly be shared with the team. At the same time I would like to inform you that we are looking into options to reduce the smoke in the outlet.
We do hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Daniel
“Champions is an oasis in amongst the soulless area of West Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I regularly go to Champions. I agree the smoke is sometimes very bad and puts me off my food. I try to sit in the no smoking bay if there is space. The burger meal is superb. Good atmosphere when there is international matches (football and rugby) showing on the screens. Some of the staff are a bit slow in serving. Beer prices not cheap but I guess supply and demand rules apply!

Visited February 2014
Daniel B, Manager at Champions, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear IvorThom,

Thank you very much for your review of Champions. We will certainly share your feed-back with the team and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rome, Italy
4 attraction reviews
“Nice and cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice place to hangout. Especially i like to go during champions league and Premier league matches. Very crowd and nice atmosphere. Definitely come back!

Visited October 2013
Robert C, Manager at Champions, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Lustig146,

Thank you for your review of Champions. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Robert