“Very pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 119 Hotels in Doha
ESBO, FINLAND
“Very pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Very good attitude among the personnel. They felt pride in their work and really tried their best to make this a good stay. Extra kudos to the restaurant personnel that took care of my gluten intolerance in a very nice way. And to the charming and professional waiter Anu that was a pleasure to meet and talk with. I specially liked the will to improve what was not perfect. If they continue like this the hotel will soon be the best hotel in Doha, and that was a general atmosphere among all of the staff - Well done to the staff manager!. Will certainly stay there the next time I am in Doha. As it is a new hotel the rooms were very nice (except from the flooding of the bathroom when having a shower). The only real miss was that the cleaning team threw away my half-finished Sudoko from beside my bed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, December 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park!

We are happy to know that the highlight of your stay was the service of our people. It is true that we are constantly trying to improve our services in order to create a successful stay for our guests and it is a pleasure to know that our people did just that.

Your positive comments will be shared with our Restaurant Supervisor, Anu and the team.

We apologize for the missed Sudoku by your bed and we hope to welcome you shortly with a new Sudoku ready for you to tackle in your room.

Savino Leone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went there as a delegate of UNFCCC COP18 Climate Negotiations. I heard that the hotel was launched a couple of days before my arrival! From outside it looks very modern. From inside it's very clean and luxurious. The food is good. It is close to the airport as well. The last floor has an open air pool and jacuzzi but I didn't have the chance to try them. Staff is very friendly. Wifi is available everywhere. I think this hotel is very good for business and friends but not so romantic for couples.

Room Tip: Some rooms are not easy to locate, but if you understand the "Mickey mouse" layout of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

It is absolutely delightful to host some the United Nations delegates who took part in the UNFCCC COP 18 Climate Negotiations. It has been very interesting for us to see the engagement of locals and residents in a global cause taking place right here in Qatar.

We also strive to do our part and help the community by reducing energy usage when possible and providing our guests with a chance to make a difference by choosing the Environment Friendly In-Room option.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel to enjoy our pool and Jacuzzi as well as an array of treatments in our Spa.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel rooms are good. I had to work for an afternoon in the hotel and the rooms were well equipped for working. The service was slow in some places especially in the bar. The shower leaks onto the bathroom floor which is disappointing in a new hotel. On checkout I was told that room service breakfast was not included in the room rate this was not explained on check in. After some discussion on check out this was removed. Overall the hotel was very good and as it is newly open the service will only get better. Turning off all the lights was difficult and finally slept with the small reading light on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park. Valuable guest comments such as yours motivate us to continue improving our services further.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our rooms and found them well equipped for working. However, I am sorry to know that you have faced some inconveniences during your stay with us and I hope that this will not keep us from welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for at least a month and i booked the club floor which gave me access to the lounge. First, the hotel is brand new and good. there were some complications in the beginning like the overflow of water in the bathroom which I can see has been mentioned by others already. but all in all it was manageable. the staff of the hotel are very kind and very friendly. even the housekeeping staff who i catch in my room sometimes are very polite and always with a smile. this is the best thing that struck me the staff. the girls up in the lounge are always smiling and are ever friendly. i stayed for a month, and in the beginning it was always just me until it got busy. i want to say thank you to hem specially because they always made me laugh and were always ready to assist me with whatever i needed. this girl there named Maxine si quite a character. she is smart and she spent many many times talking to me about the world. we have spoken about politics (we celebrated the president's re-election) to family and this says a lot about the people they hire in this hotel. (i even introduced her ot my wife thru skype!) i just want to give a big thanks to her as she kept me from going crazy from work and being away from my family. she is very sensible to talk to and charismatic and smart! reminds me of my own daughter. so to all the staff in this beautiful hotel, thank you and i will be back soon.

ps. the beds are divine!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2012

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park!

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback regarding our facilities and our people.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you found our staff polite and always with a smile.

Your comments regarding our Housekeeping team and Club Floor Supervisor, Maxine have been shared with the team and it gives us great pride to know that our people are making a difference.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Doha,Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Misturado,Aramede,Liquidity all the best places to hang out.The staffs are so welcoming esp. the Guest relations and the others at the above mentioned.Like to name every one of them.The food is so nice at the Aramede esp the buffet and brunch.The Pool side and other Brazilian joints are great to hang out.
The rooms are sound proofed with high standard amenities and facilities.The Gym,Spa all great.The few nights stay with my friend here made it more memorable.

It's the hospitality and the access tempts me to be there every night for a drink.The energy inside is awesome.

Try it once and Im sure will win it!Its my experience that I introduced many of my friends and colleagues to party party!! @ CPD

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us and the Tripadvsior community!

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed our outlets; Aramede, Liquidity and Misturado.
Our outlets have been designed to take our guests on a journey where they indulge in an Arabic Mediterranean inspired cuisine in Aramede, Brazilian rich flavours in Rodizio & Misturado or a relaxed atmosphere to unwind in Liquidity, our pool Lounge.

It gives us great pleasure to know that our people have made a positive impact and helped you get the most out of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends in Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

... i can write the incident off as an "exception", but it seems a little strange that a hotel is fine with disappointing a customer during its opening week. Acutally on its opening day.

I'll start with the positives: it's brand new, and looks it. Great gym, too, and pretty spacious rooms..
Now for the negatives: I had an incident... I waited too long for a cab, received a curt, vague replies from the bell-boys when i asked about my cab, and then was told that the cab can't drive in because it's the opening day. The concierge pointed out my cab, as I got closer, the "men in suits" (management I assume) shooed it away, though they saw me walking towards it. I was one of many disappointed customers this morning, and was now told to walk out onto the street and find a cab (cabs aren't readily available in Doha, and I was in a suit and carrying my luggage).

A hotel that thinks so little of its customers, isn't one I would recommend...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay with us. Our Grand Opening day was a busy day for us with heavy security personnel in and around the property due to the presence of The Emir of the state of Qatar. Hotel team had to maintain the flow of cars in the hotel premises as we had around 1,000 attendees during the evening following the Emir’s presence in the morning.

I am disappointed that you felt unwelcomed which is certainly not the goal we are aiming for and it goes without saying that our guests always come first.

I hope I can welcome you back in our hotel where we could have the chance to really “Make It Happen”.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful hotels that I have ever stayed. The setting for the hotel is amazing, the hotel and rooms are immaculate, the food was wonderful and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Omar from the reception for making our stay so wonderful by his amazing attitude and his help during our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park!

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facilities and colleagues. Your comments will certainly be conveyed to our Front Desk Agent, Omar and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.

Savino Leone

Been to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park? Share your experiences!