“5 Star Prices. That's about it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of New York Steakhouse

New York Steakhouse
West Bay City Center, Al Wahda Street, West Bay, PO Box 25500 | Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Doha 25500, Qatar
+974 4419 6100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 467 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Be stunned by this restaurant’s Doha, Qatar setting and traditional steakhouse feel. A truly memorable dining experience embodying the rich tradition of fine American steakhouses. Closed on Saturdays.
Doha, Qatar
“5 Star Prices. That's about it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Im surprised by all the other reviews. I was not overly impressed by the food or service. There were 3 other tables in the whole place, more staff than customers I would assume, and still the service was not great. It was a long wait for anything. I was also unimpressed with the food. I mean, it was steakhouse OK, but not 5 Star price OK. Not value for money.
Would I rush back? No
Would I eat there again if invited by friends? Probably so.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to our New York Steakhoue, it is much appreciated. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss further if you could contact me at Robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com Thank you once again for your comments about our New York Steakhouse and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

London, United Kingdom
“Decent place, good service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service was very courteous and helpful, but I found the food unimpressive, especially considering the rave reviews. Maybe it was a case of getting my hopes up, and it certainly wasn't that the food was "bad", it was just.... ok. I've certainly had better steak for less money, even in doha.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear James M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the New York Steakhouse. I have passed on your comments to the New York Steakhouse team, as such feedback continuously inspires us to do our utmost in our service, food and atmosphere. We hope to see you again at the New York Steakhouse.

North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good - 3.5 out of 5.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place was good, but nothing special. The steaks were nice, but nothing to write home about. Service was fine, and the ambiance within the restaurant was ok. On the whole I would say it was pleasant enough, but not so much that I would rush to go back in a hurry.

Visited February 2013
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear NomadSoul1985,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the New York Steakhouse. I have passed on your comments to the New York Steakhouse team, as such feedback continuously inspires us to do our utmost in our hotels and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back to the New York Steakhouse.

“Best Steak in Doha?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

How about the best steak I have ever had anywhere bar none. I have visited many distant and exotic places during my business travels over the years, and I have enjoyed many excellent meals, from San Francisco to Manila, from New York to London, from Rome to Doha. The steak I ate at the Marriott New York Steakhouse was the best piece of meat I ever bit into. Tender, cooked-to-perfection, melt-in-your-mouth, superb. What can I say...I loved it! And then to be given a choice of cutlery with which to eat the thing...definitely at the top of my "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" list.

Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear MikeSkala,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the New York Steakhouse. It means a lot to us that you enjoyed your visit and were willing to share that experience with the Trip Advisor community. I have passed on your glowing compliments about the steaks and service to our General Manager John Northen, and the New York Steakhouse team, as such flattering remarks continuously inspire us to do our utmost in our hotels and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back to the New York Steakhouse.

Doha
“Best Food, Drinks, and Service in Doha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love this restaurant. The staff is excellent and remembers our names, drinks and even our favorite meals. We now frequent it weekly and enjoy the "local neighborhood bar" feel we get when we visit. We have introduced it to several friends and they are now regulars as well. They have the best margaritas in Doha! Great steaks as well as fish and tuna. Now that they are open for lunch I will be bringing, clients and friends during the day. The only bad thing is that it is closed on Saturday.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear TexasexpatDoha,

Thank you for visiting us at the New York Steakhouse and for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. The New York Steakhouse team were delighted to receive your feedback, especially regarding the steak, seafood and margaritas. We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to the Steakhouse soon.