“When you go for a steak and...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of New York Steakhouse

New York Steakhouse
West Bay City Center, Al Wahda Street, West Bay, PO Box 25500 | Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Doha 25500, Qatar
+974 4419 6100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 493 Restaurants in Doha
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Be stunned by this restaurant’s Doha, Qatar setting and traditional steakhouse feel. A truly memorable dining experience embodying the rich tradition of fine American steakhouses. Closed on Saturdays.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“When you go for a steak and...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went here this past weekend with gf and found the place to be very warm and welcoming. We arrived without reservations and were immediately seated.

The ambiance of the place was very good. Plush, warm but not pretentious. Big comfy leather chairs and toned down lighting was appreciated.

The service from the get go was very good.

To start we had two glasses of sparkling wine while we pondered the menu.

Before taking our orders, we were shown different cuts of meat which were on a rolling display cart. A la Ruth Chris'.

We ordered the tuna and a small tenderloin, both with fries. We were given a complimentary small serving of a creamy, garlic soup which was delicious.

We were served some delicious bread and while waiting for the mains our server arrived with a vareity of knives. He suggested a rather heavy knife for my steak and I joked saying that hopefully my tenderloin should be like butter and likely wouldn't such a large knife!

The Carmenere 2011 is anywhere else way over priced, but overall surprisingly excellent. It kinda blew me away.

We were both very much enjoying our time here. Up to that point, everthing was excellent, then the steak arrived. The fries were pipping hot. Delicious. The tuna was a large portion and much to our liking. My steak while properly cooked (medium), but it was a really tough piece of meat. It lacked tenderness, wasn't moist nor juicy. Huge letdown. At 490QR a disaster.

I asked to speak to manager and voiced my disappointment to him and he asked whether I had tried the wagu. I don't know why it veered to wehther I had tried the wagu, while we were discussing my tenderloin. Much to my surprise he didn't do anything!

I've eaten at Steak et Frites numerous times in Montreal for a lot less and it blows away this place's steaks. I've been to Keens Steakhouse in NY, Ruth Chris' in Las Vegas and Morton's in Toronto and I know I would have gotten a completely different response had I complained about the steak's there.

I dropped 800QR on a dinner for two and I'm dissatisfied with the steak at NY Steakhouse and the manager does nothing. Unacceptable.

I was at a fine dining resto in Borocay once and spoke to the manager about a steak I was served and dissatisfied with and he simply deducted off the bill. Not here!

The manager needs to go back and get schooled in respects to the service industry.

Needless to say won't be back. Went for a great steak meal, but left with a bad taste in my mouth. Huge hole in my wallet.

Cannot recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Hello “whileitravel”

Thank you for visiting us in the New York Steakhouse and for taking time to share the detailed feedback of your visit. It is disappointing to see that we have fallen short of your expectations in regard to your meal experience. I would value an opportunity to discuss your visit further and if you could contact me on robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com so that we can arrange a suitable time. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ao Nang, Thailand
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Came without reservations, so had to wait 15 min in the bar. No problem!

Lovely amuse-bouche, good Yorkshire Pudding, fantastic foie grass, beautiful steak & tasty cheese cake!

Very good meal, but be prepared to pay for it as it is not cheap.

Would recommend and go again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hello “Generalsnus”

Thank you for visiting us at the New York Steak House and for your time taken to share your experience with us. Your comments on the quality of the menu and service are much appreciated and the team will be motivated by such feedback. Thank you once again for your comments about our New York Steakhouse and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

The difference between a steak in this property and your daily steak house, is the high prices paid. Over priced against the quality of steak served, or shall i say how the steak is served. Very plain. Atmosphere is very dull and would be more suited as a cigar bar full of american congress men. Not that special at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Good day “john_lord_napt”

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regard to your recent visit to the New York Steakhouse, it is much appreciated. It is with such feedback that we can endeavor to continually improve our product and service. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss further if you could contact me at Robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com. Thank you once again for your comments about our New York Steakhouse and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Best steak house in the Middle East”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service, choice and food here are exemplorary. Whilst it is not cheap it is a great treat at the end of a bust day and a great way to celebrate the signing of a contract.

Visited September 2012
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hello Dez

Thank you for sharing your comments in regard to your visit to the New York Steakhouse and congratulations on the contract. To list us as your “Best Steakhouse in the Middle East” is fantastic and the entire team will be delighted to hear of your comments recognizing the menu and service received. It is good to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to our New York Steakhouse.

london
“Excellent steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

New York style funnily enough! Not cheap but the wagyu tomahawk was off the charts. Fantastic service and very comfortable chairs. Amuse bouche from the chef of cauliflower soup very nice.

Visited October 2012
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Good Day “mronion”

Thank you for visiting us at the New York Steak House and for your time taken to share your experience with us. The New York Steakhouse team will be delighted to hear of your comments and yes, the Tomahawk is not for the feint hearted. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,