“Great room and nice property” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 124 Hotels in Doha
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Great room and nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Hotel is new, in the center of Doha; this is a business hotel, and that's what i used it for. I had a week of meetings there, and the facilities were very good; the downside is the bars, they really need to do something about the 1st floor bar, very boring...and the one on the top floor has good views, but it must have been a sushi restaurant before and lacks character...You can walk across the street to the mall, so very convenient.

Room Tip: I had a smoking room; clean, nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Sean,
thank you for your well balanced feedback! We are delighted to share with you that we are currently working on changes for the outlets in question and hope to meet your taste better... we will be more than happy to receive your comments then again.
Please make sure you come and stay on your next trip to Doha,
Your dedicated InterContinental Doha The City team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was shocked when i read Mr. Ali's review titled: "A balanced critique review by an everyday commuter”. I ask of you readers to not to take it into account. Myself and MANY people I know go to this specific gym because of the GREAT manager they have. Liesel made me personaly love excercise, she improved my health and she succeeded in not only getting me to the gym, but making me look forward to the gym. Her respect to all cultures is amazing. I am an arab muslim girl and having Liesel as my personal trainer made me so proud of how respectful she is to all cultires and beliefs, and knowledgable about them too. I once witnessed a man at the gym (tall and bug man-brown hair) shout at leisel and her staff, he called them stupid etc. and i just saw liesel maintain her smile and she asked him if theres anything she can do to make the situation better for him, i was AMAZED by her professionalism, and when i tried to ask her about it, she didnt entertain the idea, all she said was: each person should feel at home here and we are all a family, when one person is upset, you do what you can to make it better." Thats why reading Mr. Ali's review made me very upset, and i felt I had to share the truth of many, i cannot accept - my culture - doesnt accept - someone being wronged. I urge you all to go and sign up for personal training sessions with Liesel, the gym manager and I can guarantee you will share my view.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Noor,
thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and others. We have reported the particular review with TripAdvisor and it has been (for the time being) removed, however might re-appear in different form and shape. There is however a possibility that the gentleman has removed the review himself after a bit of further consideration. Nevertheless we are delighted to read that your experience is a PERFECT 10 and thank you for your recommendation and loyalty.
See you back for some more sweat in the gym!
Your InterContinental Doha The City team
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

It is rarely that one waxes eloquent about a city hotel, but then the service at Intercontinental Doha The City (there are two Intercons in Doha), was exceptional. Initially I didn’t take note, passing it off as a courteous person or so – and one is always grateful for them at city hotels, but this remained consistent right till the moment I left, which was about four days later. In my experience of staying in hundreds of hotels, this was a first for a city hotel. Kudos.

The hotel itself is at the edge of Doha’s financial – diplomatic district, and I when I looked it up, I thought the disappointing edge – overlooking the city – last year I had stayed at a hotel room with a sea view! Anyways, the city view from my high perch of nearly 40 floors above ground proved to offer a spectacular night view of the city, including of planes landing and taking off in the distance. Doha fortunately isn’t that large, though you wouldn’t think it because of its awful traffic jams!

My room, and it was a regular one, was spectacular. It was huge, to start with, and came well stocked every kind of amenity. The lovely French windows went from wall to wall. The work desk was an L overlooking the view. Multiple plug points around the room helped. The only time I needed an adaptor was for a 3-pin plug. Wifi was free, and the net speed was excellent. The TV had personal welcome message. The minibar was huge, though here’s one the free tea and coffee options were limited – same as any other hotel, but given that the standards had been set so high, a bit of a letdown. The furniture was high quality and aesthetic. The bed was comfortable. I usually never get to sit on the couches in most rooms, but this one was so nice, I spent whatever free time I got on it, cushions and all. The washroom itself was divided into three distinct parts. Soaps and shampoos, all good. Lots of closet space, and with bathrobes, slippers, iron, shoe polish etc all in their places.  The air conditioning was more layered than I have ever seen. Room service was prompt, and housekeeping unobtrusive.

Nevertheless, it is the public areas of this hotel that steal the show. There are multiple lifts that ensure one doesn’t have to wait long. There are two lobbies, and the check in lobby is small but with ample welcoming space, and drink. The main lobby is larger, and comes with lovely aesthetics and help is always at hand. The restaurants are varied. The main one, The Square is huge, and even though they charged me on day one after misinforming me that the conference dinner was there, it is a lovely place to have a relaxed meal in. The breakfast buffet choice is substantial. There are other restaurants, including Strata at the 45th the 46th levels! It’s a large hotel and has multiple bars, and while I didn’t try, they may measure up!

The hotel is justly known for its rooftop infinity pool, and it did not disappoint. The only observation, be patient if you want a spot on the sun deck – paleskins occupy it from sunrise to set! The gym is here too, but a little squeezed for space. Make up enjoying the Jacuzzis as you take in the view from lofty heights!

The location is also quite good. All main corporate offices are nearby, and the main souk and museum a short cab ride away. It is walking distance from Doha’s largest mall, and very near the coast. Though not many people frequent the beach in Doha!

I had not expected much, and I left very pleasantly surprised. Not the least by the free Vimto in the lobby!

Room Tip: High up for bird's eye view of the city
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Suman,
thank you very much for your kind words and the detailed review of the hotel and your stay experience! This leaves nothing much to add from our end... we will be delighted to "wow" you again on any future stay!
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was my first time to visit Doha, Qatar and stayed at the excellent hotel "The Intercontinental Hotel Doha City", Qatar for a period of 4 days and I am very satisfied from the first day of my stay until I leave the said hotel.

The staffs were very accommodating and helpful towards the customer's needs and relentlessly giving positive advice to the new customer like me. In addition to these I am very comfortable and well rested on my designated room at 36th floor since it was regularly maintained its cleanliness and having an amazing view outside the hotel.

With these, I have a wonderful stay at said hotel and I am sure I will go back again to this hotel.

Henry Olivar - Philippines

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Henry,
thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with us and others!
We will be delighted to see you back on the next possible occasion!
Sincerely yours,
the team of the InterContinental Doha The City
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have been staying in this excellent hotel for the past 3 months (in a 3 bedroom apt) since mid- August 2013 and can say that I have been really satisfied with the hotel, my place, and the entire staff. Customer relations is excellent as they will not rest until you are fully satisfied. Cleaning is done regularly and professionally; front desk hospitality is run very well; and requests are treated with lots of attention to details. When you are in a hotel, you want to be treated like a VIP guest, and that's how I feel in the Intercon-the City. When I asked for a special TV station to be added to the list of available TV channels, the expert technician talked to me and tried his best to see if it is possible even though this is not a standard request. On my birthday, and to my surprise, I found a tasty cake and a fruit plate compliment of the hotel, on my dining table after a long day of work. This kind of attention to customer satisfaction is to be commended and indicates a hotel policy that is geared towards excellence beyond customer satisfaction. I can only commend the professional work of everyone in the hotel and congratulate them on a work very well done. Special thanks goes to Mr. Kamal, Mr. Michael, Mr. Mina to name just a few of those with whom I dealt with. I am planning to stay in this hotel as long as my company lets me, as I really enjoy being here. It feels like a true home away from home. The hotel is really central and is close to everywhere you want to go. It is within a 2 min walking distance to City Center, a big shopping mall, where you can find almost anything you are looking for. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adel,
thank you very much for your great and detailed review and the fabulous feedback associated with it. We wish to continue seeing you as satisfied and happy with our sincere, genuine and honest hospitality delivery.
With best regards,
New Romney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel this year and we came back because we enjoyed it so much the first time. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble for them and they go out of their way to make your stay as stress free as possible.

I live in Qatar but sometimes just need to feel like I have 'escaped' without having to go too far, and this hotel provides some very good escapism and relaxation.

Both times that I have stayed, I have been in an Executive Club room, which allows me access to the Club Lounge. This is well worth the cost, as this allows you to have breakfast, afternoon tea as well as evening drinks and canape's. The staff (Maya, Jeralin, Angeli, Igor and Karen) are amazing and make you feel like a celebrity!

Unfortunately, not all of the restaurants are open in the hotel yet, but I love eating at Prime so for me it is not the end of the world (although it would be nice to have the option). Every time that I have eaten at Prime I have been very pleased with the food and the service from our waiter, Pius, who has served us every time that we have come to the restaurant. This is lovely as you feel very valued, especially as a returning customer.

All in all, I have a wonderful stay every time I visit this hotel, and I cannot wait to check-in again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hi WorldTourist!
The pleasure is ours and we are waiting for you to return at any time! We are glad you have enjoyed your stays with us to date!
We shall be looking after you as usual and without fail!
With best regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my third visit to the hotel in a year, and I just love it. Perfect location, ten minutes walk from The Corniche, 15 minutes can ride to airport and The Pearl, and loads of places to eat and drink nearby - Jones the Grocer being great for a late night snack. In some ways this is a straightforward five star business hotel, but everything is done with such panache, it feels genuinely glamorous. I had an absolutely gorgeous room this time, on the 32nd floor, looking towards the skyscrapers of city centre. I'm writing this staring out at the view and just loving it. Doha can be a bit sterile, but when you see it from this height it has the wow factor. Which is what the gym has. Being on the stepper on the 46th floor did make me feel my further few storeys were a bit pathetic. I will be back, needless to say.

Room Tip: Know what view you're after - towards the skyscrapers, or towards the sea and the desert. Both...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Indianophile,
we love that you loved your stay! The elevators can be a little confusing in the beginning, as one serves our Serviced Apartments and Residences and the others the Hotel Rooms as well as the Restaurants. For Strata, Dohas highest Restaurant, Lounge and Bar there is a 3rd one due to the shape of the building on the 55th & 56th floor. We are looking into how we can signpost those options even better...
Looking forward to your return!
Your InterContinental Doha The City Team

Been to InterContinental Doha The City? Share your experiences!