“Would not recommend this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #14 of 119 Hotels in Doha
Dublin, Ireland
“Would not recommend this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with family member. Check in was excellent - however our room was far from acceptable. We were located to an adjoining room belonging to a suite. We could hear every sound from the adjoining room, however customer services were extremely pleasant and organised another room for us. On our first night, we dined in the buffet, it was dreadful. Half of the hot main courses dishes were empty, one of the soup containers was also empty. Our next experience was the beach - the staff were excellent and the sun loungers were comfortable. But the overall beach experience was not enjoyable. For example, we were asked to share our parasol, the beach itself is very small and limited. If you wanted to use the public convenience, we had to pass through the buffet area which as being used by visitors. I enquired from a staff member is there was a public convenience which could be used by beach users - he kindly showed me the one outside, however it was not clearly signed.
Our next meal was in Trader Vics - this was really nice. Finally we also dined in the French Restaurant, La Sachtaine, this was also nice, however not atmosphere. We had breakfast served in our room on two occasions, this was probably the nicest meal we had.

Overall, the stay was enjoyable due to the excellent staff members - however we would certainly think twice before booking this hotel again

Room Tip: There is no point in paying more money for seaview etc. Do not order still water during your meal...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
VenillaM_HiltonDoha, Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear family0o6,

As we thank you for bringing the incidences of your experience to our attention through your constructive and valid feedback, we sincerely apologise for the same since these moments definitely do not reflect Hilton Standard and more specifically our standards at Hilton Doha.

However, am also pleased to let you know that we do investigate further and all key Department Heads involved have taken your feedback positively and seriously for us to improve our services.

We thank you for acknowledging your appreciation of our quick actions whenever challenges were brought up.

We would actually be very pleased and grateful if you could get in touch directly us myself, venilla.marimootoo@hilton.com and I will be very glad to prove our best intentions.

Kind regards
Venilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was pretty impressed. Everything worked as it was supposed to (something that is surprisingly rare with hotels in the Middle East), the staff were nice and gave me a very late check-out at no cost, and the rooms are spacious and modern and have everything that you would need.

If I had to quibble, the view is not great (vacant lot next door), the room service menu doesn't have a lot of variety, and some of the room fixtures are a little bit of form over function, but all of these are pretty small things in the grand scheme of things.

Overall I was pretty happy with the hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The higher the better to get a nicer view over the sea.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
May E, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Rand0m_Th0ughts -

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're glad we made your stay memorable and you enjoyed our facilities.

Should you need assistance for your following stay,I'd gladly help..

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

First time used this hotel and very, very disappointed. The toilet outside Trader Vics was dirty, the drinks ordered were not what was ordered and the manager at the pool was very unsympathetic and unhelpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
VenillaM_HiltonDoha, Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear melsian,

We thank you for your very constructive feedback which we also received through your email dated 18/02 to which we replied back yesterday itself. On behalf of the whole Hilton Doha team, we sincerely apologise and would be very grateful & pleased if you would give us another chance to prove our best intentions by accepting our invitation as this is really an isolated case which we are currently investigating, and we look forward to your reply to our correspondence.

Our sincere apologies again and kind regards
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm not a fan of Hilton Hotels; they are usually dated and staff are usually crabby. The Doha Hilton is an exception. But I must admit it's less than year old so the "newness" is still ingrained.Nonetheless, I seldom experience such a pleasant check-in and genuine service - from the valet at curbside all the way up to the room. All with a genuine smile on their face, asking how they can help, assuring satisfaction and concern for your welfare,

The breakfast restaurant is very well designed and the wait staff are professional and pleasant. While Filippinas sometime tend to get snippy (they take their job very seriously!), The waitresses here bend over backwards to accommodate you. I ordered tomato juice the first day and received it and then the second day I was informed that tomato juice is not an option. I stated that I had received it the day before and it was like she was shot out of the starting gate. I had my tomato juice in less than a minute.

The bedroom is spacious with a comfortable bed and pillows. The bathroom is fantastic (see photos). My wife gives everything a 10 except the cheesy little sofa.

I would bypass the Trader Vic's restaurant on the property. See my separate review.

The only unpleasant incident was the fire alarm going off at 04.11 and the engineer not getting it turned off until 04.53 - almost 45 minutes of constant beeping with the occasional interruption over the PA system that" this is a false alarm; everything is under control!" OK, if it's under control why don't you just shut it off?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Douglas A -

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your detailed and positive feedback about our team and hotel is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Hilton Doha.

Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Thank you to the kind and pleasant staff at the Eforea Spa at the Hilton in Doha Qatar. Unfortunately, however, this is not going to be a positive review. I apologise in advance if this write-up sounds too harsh or hypercritical.

My wife and I went to the Eforea Spa for a Valentine’s treat. We were disappointed about some of the problems we encountered. Generally the use of space at the spa is unusual and nonsensical – it may be aesthetically pleasing but the result is rather unpractical and cramped. I’m not a big person – so I can only imagine how some of the larger patrons must feel.

The men’s changing room has 28 lockers but thankfully it was not busy because there is very limited space. The entrance has a big glass door that opens near a towel rack where it is difficult to walk past especially if you have a bag. It is also a little unsafe especially if another person is coming from the other direction.

The men’s change-room has only 1 toilet – and the toilet-seat is loose / broken. The toilet area is cramped. My wife said that they have a similar problem in the ladies’ change-room (where there are 2 toilets): the door opens almost against the toilet and the ladies have to apparently virtually step over the toilet to get in.

I wanted to shave but there is only one small sink near to the one urinal and no mirror above the sink. There is one big mirror near the door but no sinks there.

The attendant thankfully found a razor for me but the spa apparently usually charge for razors (it is not complimentary like some other hotels – the Ritz for example).

The shower cubicles include a shower and small changing section but there is no door between the shower area and the changing area resulting in the floor where one would want to change getting wet. If the architects simply install a shower door it would make the customers’ experience a lot easier. The shower locking mechanism is difficult to unlock with wet hands – I used my towel to get a better grip.

They have a sign on the wall discouraging nudity which is understandable in the more conservative country but there is only one small changing room – also cramped.

This spa has a large Jacuzzi, two steam-rooms, a sauna and 2 showers – all unisex. This is certainly a plus for couples but we were a little uncomfortable about the single men lounging around watching us and decided to drink some tea until they left.

There is supposed to be an “aromatic” steam-room and a normal steam-room but there was only an aroma in the “normal” steam room.

The water from the dispenser was not cold and my wife and I were the only ones who were using it at the time so I think it may not be working.

The Jacuzzi was nice. But one of the “massage” functions was apparently broken.

The waiting area outside the therapy rooms is aesthetically pleasing but not practical for couples because of the wooden dividers between each lounger making it difficult to talk to each other.

The massage beds were more comfortable than what we experienced at other spas and I was happy that my wife and I could get a massage in the same room. But, again, space was a problem; the therapists had limited space to move and I could hear how they occasionally had to shuffle past each other.

Overall it seems that the spa was squashed into a limited area to make space for the gym and the pool area outside. But a few minor changes could perhaps help ease the claustrophobic feeling in some of the sections. Perhaps the Eforea management could consider hiring a consultant with more of a practical viewpoint to make some small adjustments that would not affect the pleasant aesthetics resulting in a good ripple effect.

My wife says that the Essence Spa (near the Villagio Mall and Hyatt Plaza on Al Waab street) have some clever little ideas that could perhaps be duplicated and would make a big difference for customer satisfaction. Maybe some of the Eforea Spa personnel should experience a session or two there to appreciate how the little things can make a big difference. But obviously the management / leadership of the Eforea Spa would need to supply the resources to their staff if it is going to work (I have a feeling that the personnel might already have the ideas but perhaps they are not being listened to?).

Once again, I must reiterate that the staff were great and it was such a pleasure having them help us have a nice Valentine’s evening, thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VenillaM_HiltonDoha, Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Mark R,

We thank you for your appreciation of our Team at our eforea spa, and also appreciate all your very constructive feedback. Allow us to reassure you that we do take your valid feedbacks into serious consideration and address them accordingly. However, I am sure that you will also agree that some are independent of our Management or eforea Spa concept by itself.

We do look forward to welcoming you again at Hilton Doha and please do contact our Spa & Recreation Manager who will be glad to personally meet you.

Kind regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, just 20 minutes from the airport in a sensibly priced taxi at 35 Qatari Rials (£6).

Receptionist was obviously new, and a bit painful but we got there!

Hotel has own private man made beach, which was great. Good beach service with towels, umbrellas, food and drink served well. You do get cold face towels and free water, which was nice.

Hotel has a Trader Vics, which was busy on the Friday night we were there. Food good, not fantastic but good and a vibrant atmosphere.

Hotel located at the top end if the corniche which we walked, and it's great to be able to walk right along the sea front.

All in all, a good one night break and we would consider going back here if we visit Doha again.

• Stayed February 2013
May E, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear pstodd2000,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kilgarvan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

And the staff at the Hilton are excellent.From the Security staff to the pool boys to the waiters at the pool bar to the waiters/ress at breakfast to the Serbian waitress's in the bar to the front desk, in fact all the staff are professional and motivated. We up-graded to an executive suite but were a bit unhappy because no fault of the hotel there had been a sandstorm so the view was obscured by sand stained windows and our balcony looked out onto a building site (Doha is a city under construction). When we mentioned this to the front desk Mr Amr said that if I wasn't happy than the hotel isn't happy. He told us to pack and we were transported to the honeymoon suite, with views from this massive room out to sea. We didn't stop smiling all day. Breakfast in the restaurant has the most incredible choice and great service, we ordered room service for dinner twice because we did not want to leave our beautiful room. The beach is great, lovely comfortable beds free water and face flannels and you can lay back and orders a good selection of cocktails and beers. We went to happy hour (s) in the bar to watch the Rugby, the two Serbian waitresses are great service is fast with a smile but they are far too persuasive great Bloody Mary's but who won the rugby it's a bit vague.Overall our stay surpassed our expectations,because it's a fabulous hotel but mainly because of the terrific staff members we encountered. Upon arriving at the airport beware accepting a taxi in the terminal take the licensed cabs outside.As soon as we said we were getting a taxi he took off with our trolly and cases out of the airport with us jogging behind, straight to his battered Mondeo,he loaded our cases in the boot with his gardening equipment, so we got in. So after ignoring the "how much" question 5 times he eventually said QAR 150 when i said i was not paying that he said QAR100 with discount. When we got a licensed cab back to the airport our fare was QAR25. You live and learn....

Room Tip: If you want to splurge go for the honeymoon suites, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
May E, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Bobbyblot13-

Your positive feedback about our team makes me proud. It is wonderful to read such great comments that reflect how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our pleasure to welcome you again with us soon.

May

Been to Hilton Doha? Share your experiences!