“Excellent food in an excellent environment” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 493 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The elegant decor, finest selection of Mediterranean Tapas, wine tasting section, and the wide variety of fine wines along with its personalized service clearly speak of an exquisite dining experience and make the most unique place in town.
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent food in an excellent environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you are in Qatar, looking for a Mediterranean food experience, try The Cellar in Oryx Rotana. Is a sophisticated and warm place, where you can try the Mediterranean typical dishes, specially the selection of cold meat.

On the personal level, I was thrilled with the turkey chorizo that tasted just like pork and the large selection of imported cheese.

The visit was a real pleasure for the senses. Can’t wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
OryxRotanaDoha, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Montse_depe,

Ond behalf of The Cellar team and myself, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the experience and that you noticed our selection of Spanish products like the cheese and the turkey salami. Kitchen team keeps working hard to bring new products to give in The Cellar the true Mediterranean taste.

It gives me great pleasure to see as well that you enjoyed the ambiance and that you are looking forward to come back.

I look forward to welcome you back in The Cellar soon.

Doha, Qatar
“Super Spanish Cellar....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

You wouldn't realize you're in Qatar if you went here!! Well designed with a marvelous kitchen where the cooks prepare your meal in an outside appointed kitchen which adjoins the week stocked bar. The restaurant area is always buzzing with the usual goers as well as guests from the Hotel. The menu is varied offering contemporary Spanish cuisine as well as some of the usual international delights. The wine selection is brilliant as one would expect from an establishment called the Cellar!! The staff are attentive, friendly and work well as a team. The smoking and non smoking areas are separated which is nice too. The only thing that could be added is some music in the background or even a small band on a Thursday or Friday night.....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
OryxRotanaDoha, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear KartikPurohit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such good feedback. I am very pleased to read that you liked our design and the ambiance of The Cellar. Good to see as well that you enjoyed our wine selection.

Regarding your comment about adding music or a band on Thursday or Friday, it is something that I am working on already and very soon I will have some exciting news for you!

Once again, on behalf of the whole Cellar team, thank you for sharing your feedback.

I do hope to welcome you again in The Cellar soon.

Budapest, Hungary
“A restaurant, in the full sense of the meaning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Oh my god. I am just mind blown by the excellence that the staff of the cellar provides! Big grats to their new manager Jose who is a lovely champ and who took care of me like I was a god.. My money deffenitely went to the right place this afternoon. I was in the cellar today for lunch and I just had a main course hence I was a bit in a rush and I needed to grab some good food and do it fast. I had the steak, medium done.. It was very tasty. Also that bread they serve with the food.. I forgot I ask how it's called but it's apsolutely delicious! I recommend this place and I'm surely visiting it again. Big bravo to the whole cellar team! See ya next Tuesday, already made my reservation, hah.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
OryxRotanaDoha, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Alexander L,

Thank you very much for such energetic and positive feedback. My team and myself are very pleased to see that we were successful in our main commitment, your satisfaction. I will certainly pass on your comments to the whole Cellar team. This kind of review definitely makes The Cellar team want to keep working hard to make our guests enjoy outstanding dining experiences.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with the tripadvisor community.

I will certainly be seeing you next Tuesday when you join us again in The Cellar.

“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The perfect place if you want to enjoy the best Spanish tapas in Doha, great atmosphere and great service!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
OryxRotanaDoha, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Miryam J,

I am very happy to see that we were able to deliver a great experience in your recent visit. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Reviews like this give my team and myself a boost to keep working hard to provide memorable moments for you and your fellow diners!

I hope to welcome you again in The Cellar soon.

“Evening dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Doha but this time the steaks were not cooked correctly (one medium rare was medium and cooked on one side, the second was requested medium and arrived almost well done so half was uneaten). The wine we selected Bordeaux 2009 was not available so we had 2011 which lacked a Bordeaux body to say the least...the price of some 800 qar was ridiculously expensive (cf in France about 150 qar?)

Jose, the restaurant manager, was great and listening to his clients and we had a long chat with him and suggested that he adds more steak cuts and sizes and asks the chefs to practice their steak cooking techniques.

The crispy shrimps were delicious.

The space was too smokey and the smoking area smoke comes in to the non smoking area...maybe more ventilation needed.

Will be back soon and hope for some nice food and some good value for money wine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
OryxRotanaDoha, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear PiratesofStMalo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was a pleasure hosting your evening and I am truly sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations on this occasion.

Regarding the steak cuts, I have already spoken with the kitchen team and we will be providing more options in the size of our cuts for your next visit. I mentioned as well to the kitchen team about the cooking of your sirloin and will make sure that doesn't happen again.

There have been a few fellow diners that have mentioned their concern regarding the smoke, for this reason, I have arranged already two air purifiers that will help us minimize the impact of the smoke in the environment. Hopefully on your next visit I will have them up and running already.

On your comment about the wine vintage, I am really sorry that we were not able to deliver the vintage you requested. I did ask my team to put in a discount on your wine since obviously the price was not reflecting the quality of the wine.

Should have this not been applied, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit and I will be happy to make it up to you.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing this valuable feedback that will help us improve the dining experience we offer at The Cellar.

I do hope to welcome you again in The Cellar and have a conversation with you and get your feedback on the changes we will have made.