“Great Location for transit passengers or if you have business close to the airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

You added Oryx Rotana Doha to your Saves list
Oryx Rotana Doha
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Nahda School street, Doha, Qatar   |
Ranked #4 of 119 Hotels in Doha
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was pleasantly welcomed at the hotel's information desk in the arrivals hall at Doha airport, and was guided to my shuttle bus arrangement.

All was in order upon check-in and the front desk recommended that I go to the Jazz Club that evening, which was an excellent recommendation, and deserves a great review of its own.

Staff are all friendly, and always helpful. Location is excellent if your business is in the airport area, or around it.

The food outlets are excellent. (1 Buffet style, 1 Chinese, 1 Spanish Tappas-wine bar, 1 Lounge, and the Jazz Club)

Good Gym facilities open 24x7...

Another excellent Rotana Hotel, well done.

Room Tip: The Higher Floors airport side (5 to 7) have a great view of the airport, if you are into watching p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Fax: +974 44023300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel is very close to the airport which makes it very easy when you arrive and depart. The staf are welcoming and efficient and the room I had was clean an large. For business purposes if you have to travel to the other side of Doha be sure to leave plenty of time as the traffic is not great along the Corniche!

I ate in a couple of the restaurants and in each the food was very good and good value too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the airport as it is likely to be a little quieter.
Dear Guest

I am very delighted to read your review and to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back Oryx Rotana in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was recently at the Oryx Rotana for 2 nights. The complimentary shuttle was fantastic and as others have stated, the hotel is extremely close to the airport. The atmosphere in the lobby and throughout the hotel is lovely and tranquil. The room was a twin. It was comfortable, clean, but it faced in. Cool view but people in the hotel could see in. I didn't spend much time in the room so this didn't trouble me. The shower is enormous; the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I would recommend the Tapas place in the hotel. It was moderately priced and the food was delicious. You can also have tea and sandwiches in the area off the lobby that is only divided from the lobby by seating and planters. The breakfast was probably my favorite part. There were so many diverse choices of food. I enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to return. My expectation was exceeded.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces out, if you will spend a lot of time in the room.
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We are pleased to know that you have chosen our hotel for your next visit to Doha and looking forward to welcome you again

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Oryx Rotana and I had a wonderful stay.

Location: Can't beat the proximity to the airport, very convenient! Just 5 minutes from the Doha Airport.

Customer Service: Great! I was staying at the Oryx Rotana for business. I was instructed after leaving immigration and customs in the airport to go to the Oryx Rotana desk to call for the hotel shuttle. At the desk, I was greeted by a very friendly Oryx Rotana employee who directed me to an already waiting hotel shuttle. As soon as I boarded the shuttle bus, I was taken to the hotel.

During check-in I was informed that the style of room that I had originally requested was no longer available so the front desk clerk upgraded me to better room at the same rate. I was very impressed by this gesture. My room was on the 7th floor with a wonderful view and quite spacious.

During check-out as I was getting ready to get on the shuttle bus to return me to the airport, a driver of one of the hotel "premium" cars offered to take me to the airport instead of the shuttle since he was on his way to pick up a hotel guests at no extra cost. Again, I was impressed by this gesture and it was a great way to conclude my stay at the Oryx Rotana.

Fitness Center: Nice, modern machines with a helpful staff.

Food: Great breakfast buffet. Nice selection and quality of food. My only complaint during my stay was the Thursday night seafood dinner buffet. The dinner began by some of the silverware being dirty. Then, for what one pays for the seafood dinner buffet my colleagues and I did not think the selection and quality of the food was worth the price. We just did not find that much to eat and what we did eat was bland. My two colleagues and I were not impressed with the Thursday night seafood dinner buffet.

Overall: I really enjoyed my stay at the Oryx Rotana and I will definitely stay there again if my travels take me to back to Doha.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Oryx Rotana has a very convenient location - just 5 minutes from Doha Airport. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. Staff is very freindly. The breakfast buffet spread is amazing.
The rooms are big with neat stuff. Internet connection is good, which is important for business travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor have excellent view. Rooms facing the east are better
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, January 31, 2013

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Oryx Rotana is one of the most very well managed and organized hotels in Doha. Food is excellent, Service is great, Rooms are comfortable and above all the staff is very professional and knowledgeable in their field.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana. I'm glad to know that you you enjoyed your stay with us. These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Doha.

Houston & Crested Butte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Just had my second visit to the OR-Doha. It was everything I hoped it would be. Arriving at 6:30AM and departing at 2:15 the following morning, I wanted to find a day room. Oryx doesn't do exactly that, but does provide early morning check-in courtesies for an additional charge. I wound up checking out late, and they were kind enough to reduce these charges a bit. This was a pleasant surprise. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous, the wifi worked well, the room was spotless, as was the gym/spa. There were enough machines to wear me out after touring the town, and I appreciated that. And they worked. The shuttle is easy and service cordial. I plan to stay again on my next trip through Doha.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your recent review; we appreciate the time taken to provide some quality feedback that we can use to improve our services and facilities. I am glad that you enjoyed your second stay with us and for choosing Oryx Rotana for your next visit to Doha.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Fax: +974 44023300

Been to Oryx Rotana Doha? Share your experiences!