“Market by Jean-Georges is by far the best restaurant in Doha” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Market by Jean-Georges is by far the best restaurant in Doha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had a late lunch at the Market last Sunday. I'm glad i have waited until 3.00pm. They have a great express lunch menu until 4.00pm. Great selection of starters and main dishes as well as deserts. I had the steamed salmon with truffle mashed potates and it was the best salmon I've ever had in my life. It was a gourmet dining experience rather then an express lunch. I would go back both for lunch and dinner..

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Hello banugun,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Market's Express Lunch! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us!

Hope to welcome you again soon!

• Greek first
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“The Best Ever As Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

On Sunday September 22, 2013 at 18:15,
I went again to Market by Jean-Georges, to have another unforgetful experience. Every time I go there I feel blessed to have one of the top people working in this restaurant in Qatar. This time I tried a new type of sushi which starts with a "Y", I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of it. But it tasted amazingly awesome, with Japanese Mayo, a bit of cheese, rice, seaweed and some tiny bread crumbs. It is highly recommended. Another thing that I tried that was new to me, was cuttle fish sashimi, WOW, anyone who can eat raw fish and has no problems, try it. Before I end this review, I would like to thank all my friends at W Doha Hotel & Residences for their continuous warm greetings, you are all a symbol of excellence, never forget that each and every one of you working in this hotel are special and are unique individuals. Every time I come, I will try to make sure that nobody ruins your smiles, your laugher and your motivation. I completely understand what you go through every day, it's not easy working in a hotel, but hang in there everyone, if all the other guests (like some I've seen) don't respect you, don't worry I am here to be by your side, to support you and to make sure you feel safe, happy and comfortable working and living in Qatar. Consider Qatar as your second home, my dear friends of W Doha Hotel & Residences and Market by Jean-Georges, I Love You All, take care and God Bless You ALL!!! Amen.
Best regards and exquisite greetings from my heart to yours,
Ms. Ghaliya Ibrahim Al-Baker

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello 77Expensive,

Thank you very much wonderful review once again for Market, and thank you for your lovely words! We were very happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurant and W Doha, and the service that is provided by our team.

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Hong Kong, China
“Great Business Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a reservation for 12pm and was unaware of the traffic congestion that can occur in Doha at lunchtime so I ended up being over half an hour late.

Despite this, I was politely seated and attended to without fuss.

After ordering three courses from the executive lunch, a basket of bread and butter was brought out. Delicious.

My started of a tomato soup was just ok for me. I would have preferred something creamier, but that is just my personal taste.

The salmon and mashed potato main was absolutely delicious. Perfect!

Finally on the basis of reviews on tripadvisor I had the popcorn desert. Perhaps I was getting full by this stage, but I didn't find it as spectacular as some of the others on here. Certainly pleasant enough but next time, I would choose another dessert to try.

My dessert took a long time to come out and the waitstaff were proactive about acknowledging this and apologised, asking if they could offer me a coffee on the house while I waited. I thought this was a lovely gesture especially given a trip to Gordon Ramsay later in the trip resulted in a similar occurence where the staff couldn't be offered making up for it.

Unfortunately the coffee I did end up receiving tasted burnt so I only drank a small amount. Had I paid for this, I wouldn't have been happy, but as stated above, I really appreciated the gesture.

A very reasonably priced lunch in a busy and stylish environment. I would definitely come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hello MsHellfire,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Market, we were glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant!

Doha
“Great Express dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Express dinner never fails- value for money and lovely food.
Service was great and the ambience was Relaxing.
We had one hour to have a bite before catching a 9:30pm flight.

We sat at the bar area and ordered their signature salade with shrimps, a selection of suchis and some makis! the food was delicious and fresh. we really enjoyed it! The Amaretto cocktail was great and the waitress (Yvette from Georgia) was really welcoming and helpful.
The salted caramel ice cream was unreal! :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello M B,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Market by Jean Georges! We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us and the service!

Doha, Qatar
“Simply The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been to a lot of restaurants in Doha the past 3 years and don’t know how I didn’t try the Market before, as it is simply the best. I went there a few days ago and had sushi, steak and a cheese cake and it was FANTASTIC. This restaurant is suitable for all kinds of occasions. It has a great atmosphere, and of course the service there is number one, which is exactly what you expect from the W hotel. I will definitely go there more often and recommend it to my friends and colleagues.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hello KhaledLamei,

Thank you very much for your lovely words about Market by Jean Georges! We were very happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurant so much at W Doha!