- The room was huge and cozy enough. We always appreciate having a spacious hotel room, and this was definitely a large room and had a spacious bathroom. For that amount of space, it would have been nice if the toilet could be closed off from the rest of the bathroom areas.
- We didn't eat at the restaurant, but we did order room service. We were pleasantly surprised by how delicious our entrees were. It was expensive, but typical hotel room service prices. We enjoyed a ribeye steak and pasta dish. My steak was a little overcooked but was good and tasty.
- The location of the hotel was good for us. The main things (Museum of Islamic Arts and Waqif Souks) we wanted to visited were both about 1km away, both walking distance.
- Unfortunately our first impression of the hotel was not good. The road in front of the hotel is very small and parts like gravel. What really ruined the check in experience for me is that we were behind a man that was smoking freely while checking in. I have never been to a hotel that allows smoking at the reception counter or main lobby. Even if he was not smoking there, you cannot avoid the smoke in the lobby because the restaurant/cafe is on the next level and is open and overlooks the lobby. So each time we had to come in or leave the hotel, we were surrounded by the smell of smoke. Not a problem for smoking business men, but definitely not an environment for families with little ones. I tried to sit as far away as possible with my son while my husband checked us in. We made sure to ask for a non-smoking room. We were astounded to find an ash tray on the coffee table in our room. Luckily, it didn't smell like anyone ever smoked there. Cannot understand why there is an ash tray in a non-smoking room.
- We didn't have a rental car so we relied on taxis to get around. Most of the time, we had to walk down the street to get to the main road to hail a taxi.
We had an overall good experience, but the smell of smoke in the lobby is enough to keep me from coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swiss-Belhotel Doha is only 5 minutes from Doha International Airport and walking distance from the Corniche and Islamic Art Museum. Ideally located in the city’s bustling old city with shopping and international banks near by. This deluxe hotel offers 164 well-appointed guestrooms and 78 plush serviced apartments to cater for your stay, whether it is one night or thirty nights. Relax by the swimming pool, while your children enjoy the plunge pool, or work our the stresses of your travel in our gym, sauna and steam rooms. Indulge your senses at Maxill Restaurant featuring favorites from around the world; Mezzo lounge on the Mezzanine floor offers a selection of light refreshments and house beverages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Swiss-Belhotel Doha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Doha Hotel Doha