“Nice hotel but not ideal location” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #20 of 119 Hotels in Doha
Dubai
“Nice hotel but not ideal location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The trip started at the airport where I was able to check-in at the airport counter and was taken to the hotel in transport provided from the hotel (applies to club rooms and above I believe).

Check-in was smooth and my room was lovely except that it was a suite and as I was on the 2nd floor, my view was partially blocked so wasn't to pleased with that.

Due to the choice of room, internet was free and the connectivity was very good throughout the hotel.

The separate lounge which served breakfast was very comfortable and peaceful with a good range of papers to catch up on the news. The selection of food was also great, especially the foul (borad beans - local dish).

All in all, the experience was great but the only two downfalls for me were that I had to identify my luggage after checking out due to some mix up and I found the hotel to be a little isolated from the town due to its location. I believe this would be better for families.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the second floor for a better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear SMehta79,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Christoph K. Franzen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
Kuwait City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Poor customer handling
Delayed 2 hours for check in rooms not ready
And my baggs took more than 1:30 hour to arrive to my rooms after check in
And they refused to help me in any way to ease my stay
Was on a road trip with friend for 36 hours stay in qatar
But they made it worse

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bo_3eza,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with this constructive feedback.
It is with much regret to know about the unpleasant experience that you have encoutered during your stay. We humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Myself and the entire team will be pleased to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Doha and we sincerely hope that this experience have not marred your impression of our hotel.

Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stepping into the hotel feels a bit like entering an airport terminal. - The place is huge, definitely not intimate or even a hint of coziness.
Staff are excellent, services work (even overnight laundry offered); the hotel has a very good club lounge where the staff is taking care of you top notch. What i like most is the fact that every room has a balcony or terrace and you can leave doors open at night, weather permitting.
The steak restaurant is decent.
Location-wise: on the water near the Pearl, hence, a bit out of the center, but west bay and center easily accessible within 15 mins.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Club Floor highly recommended.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear montgolfier,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback as well as your appreciation of our services. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed for one night. The hotel impressed with its perfect decor, 5 star but not over the top. Spacious rooms with balconies- perfect. The views to the pearl are nice especially in the evening. We liked the beach and the pool area, we would come back any time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear RussianLady,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your last stay in our hotel.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel with four swimming pools and right beside the sea, everything was great and the bed was amazing,the staff was super friendly specially Mr. jamil from concierge, we would go back again.This hotel is perfectly situated and not to far from the mainland for food, entertainment, and shopping malls etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear sadikhallam,

It is a great pleasure to read such a feedback and I will definitely share your comments with the rest of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another fabulous stay with us.

Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel but did eat at the Grill for Easter dinner. Disappointing! Firstly, we arrived at 6:30pm (made reservation) and we were told the restaurant did not open until 7:30pm. We returned at 7:30pm. There was really no apology for their error. We were seated outside & the service was extremely slow. There were only 3 tables with guests. The waitress dropped off the drink menu but never came back. Another table of 4 arrived after us & received their drinks 20 minutes before us. We were half way through our meal before we received our wine. We asked for some items 3 times. Regarding the bill - after receiving it, we had to go to the cash register to pay it. The waitress never came back to take our payment. We did tell the manager in the restaurant but he seemed unintereted.The food was okay but not great. I will not return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Hyatt D, Director of Food & Beverage at Grand Hyatt Doha, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear AnneM,

Thank you for taking your time to share experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
I have passed on your comments about your Easter dinner in The Grill restaurant to the respective Manager. Your feedback helps us looking back deep into our operations and take corrective actions.
We will use it to look at ways that we can improve and continue to provide the best guest experience possible.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of service.

Puneet Baijal
Director of Food & Beverage
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The moment you step into the hotel, you are awed by its grandness of the architecture, especially the humongous glass in front of the lounge area that offers great view of the surroundings. The hotel is beautifully landscaped with walking tracks lined by lots of flora and colourful flowers such as marigold and petula. I stayed two nights in a villa room on the first floor that has direct access to the gardens. The room is clean, huge, spacious and soothingly decorated using shades of white, beige and light brown. This Doha Grand Hyatt offers the excellent service as in the previous Grand Hyatt hotels that I have stayed, and even more – it has exceptional Middle East hospitality! For example, the motivated restaurant staff often come round to offer you their assistance to bring food for you and at the same time find out how you are doing. Another exceptional example is the hotel public relations manager calling me one evening to ask if everything was okay and whether the hotel could do more to make my stay more enjoyable. I ate at the hotel’s signature Thai restaurant Isaan and The Grill restaurant. The cuisine at the Isaan (reputedly the best Thai restaurant in Doha) is exquisitely delicious while I experienced an enjoyable alfresco dining in the open under the star-lit night. The Grand Hyatt is also excellently sited across a shopping mall and across the developing skyline of Doha city and the sea where you could capture splendid photographs of the beautiful sunrise amidst the buidling infrastructure.

Of course, no hotel is perfect, and I certainly hope the hotel could do some improvements. Firstly I hope the room safe could be re-located away from the top of the mini-refrigerator (“mini-bar”); this is because the heat generated from the refrigerator rises up and heats up the objects that I put into the safe. Secondly the hotel should consider putting the toothbrush and toothpaste as part of the room items; I had to call room service to request for these. Thirdly, I hope the hotel could clean up the unsightly cigarette butts in the planters and floor outside the villa/garden rooms. Lastly, when a tired me arrived at 9pm at the hotel, I had to wait for about 20 minutes for the apologetic receptionist who searched a “good” non-smoking room, whereas it was stated in my confirmation that a “non smoking king bed room” was guaranteed for late check-in.

Overall, it’s been a wonderful stay and I look forward to coming back to this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea or the swimming pool offer excellent views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear SingGeMini,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our villa.
I am delighted that you had a wonderful time with us and it is encouraging to hear that we were able to meet your expectations with all our services. I will definitely share your kind comments with the rest of the team.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the relocation of the room safe as well as cleanliness of the garden in the Residences areas. I have passed on your comments to the respective departments so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of services for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another fabulous stay at Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Christoph K. Franzen

Been to Grand Hyatt Doha? Share your experiences!