“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 119 Hotels in Doha
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Second time at the W Doha, big improvement in 9 months. Staff are really efficient, pleasant, helpful and enjoyable to be around (unlike some other W hotels where they are annoying!). Rooms are also perfect.

Managed to get a great discounted room rate online (much cheaper than Sheraton), food is expensive although the quality and menu choices are good. Bliss spa also overpriced!

Airport pick-up is seamless, management are above standard - following up on any complaint or comment. Will def book here again and thoroughly recommend it..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
WDohaManager, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, September 26, 2010
Well hello there,

Thank you for your review, we are so delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Our talent work very hard to ensure our guests receive Whatever they want Whenever they want it, so I was especially pleased to see that you have seen an improvment in our services.

We can't wait to welcome you back so you can try them again.

The W Doha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the W hotel in Doha from the 22-24th of August this year.

Our experience at the hotel was mostly very enjoyable, but we had some issues when departing that we did not expect from a five star hotel.

Upon departure we asked the concierge to book a taxi for us to go to the airport, and requested that she ensure that the taxi arriving would accept US dollars, as we preferred to pay with this currency. We had been informed earlier by the W hotel staff at the airport that this would not be a problem. However the concierge initially offered us a limousine to take us to the airport when we explicitly asked for a taxi. We then informed her that we did not want a limousine, but a meter taxi, and we repeated we wanted to pay in USD. The concierge informed us politely that it would take a long time to get a taxi and that it wasn’t possible to pay in USD. This was a big surprise since the staff at the airport already told us it would be possible to pay in USD and since we already had paid several taxies in Doha with USD. After again assuring us this was not possible, my husband took it upon himself to walk to the City Shopping Centre which is right next to the hotel, and within minutes he had returned with a taxi that accepted US dollars. Also, the taxi manager outside the shopping centre said that paying US is never a problem with taxis.

Now, as customers to a five star hotel, we find it quite disturbing that we have to get our own taxis from a next store shopping centre, simply because the concierge is not able or willing to do so. As a result of this, we will probably never return to a W-hotel, since price and quality did not correspond.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
WDohaManager, Guest Relations Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, August 29, 2010
Well hello there,

Thank you for your review, I must sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered at the hotel. I can assure you that I have spoken to all the talent to advise them of the issue of using USD in the taxi's and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

As with many of the 5 star hotels in Doha, we use a company for our guest transportation, the main reason for this is that this is a much more reliable service for our guests, as sometimes there can be a delay getting a metered taxi to the hotel. That said, the talent can always arrange whatever transportation you may need, and I was very disappointed that this did not happen on this occasion.

Once again, I would like to pass on my sincere apologies and I do hope that you will consider the hotel on your next visit to Doha, as we would certainly welcome the opportunity to make this up to you, please just contact me directly at the hotel.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

As I used Tripadvisor to help choose between this hotel and four seasons, i also noticed that the guest relations manager is reading these reviews. So for all who are interested in staying at the W in Doha, and for the guest relations manager, here are a few highlights.

The hotel is still very new, and I have to give the staff 10/10 for trying to be friendly, however sometimes the friendliness does become a bit annoying, I guess the idea of everyone on first name basis is a W thing. At the time of staying, room rates were still reasonable, this was however quickly tempered by the prices of the restaurants, mini bar and spa, which carried the high end prices you would expect form W. The location is still in a bit of a building site, however not really noticeable if your staying just for business. As checkout was a bit rushed I called down for the bell boy, asked for my bill to be printed and have a car ready to go to the airport, all of this took nearly 20 minutes, but again, i put this down to the fact that the staff are still new.

In conclusion, while the rates remain 100USD per night cheaper than Four Seasons, W will take my business, however staff efficiency needs to be dramatically increased if they expect to compete on a level playing field.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
WDohaManager, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Well hello there,

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate constructive feedback and take it very seriously, as you can see by the replies to the reviews posted by our previous guests.

I have to apologise for the delays in the service, I can assure you this was the exception and not the norm, however we will certainly look into this service failure.

Please let me know when you will next be visiting, as we look forward to welcoming you back, where I can assure you, you will receive some speedy service!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

i was visit at market with my friend,i ask to one of chef make for me indian food.chef make for me excellent indian food.i was forget to give him thank you.thank you for
nice food.also service staff thank you.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
WDohaManager, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, August 15, 2010
Well hello there,

Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted to hear that our team were able to provide you with our award winning "Whatever Whenever" service.

You have to make sure you come back to try some of our new dishes on the menu.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

W hotel is my oasis in Doha. I infact found this hotel in 2009 and has no hesitate to be my choice from the begining as to my experience to other W hotels. The hotel is trendy and cozy. The location is close to city center. The room is fabulous. I love the I POD docking station in the room. Most of the staffs are friendly. There is a need of improvment for the housekeeping, where staffs should be attentive to details. There was a dry blood spot on the matress protector before I stayed in the room but the matress protector had not been changed till I saw it and asked them to change. The explantion from the supervisor was " I was away on leave" , I would think the hotel would have problem if it has to rely on one person only. It didn't seem professional answer to me.....not me.. it someone's fault
However, there is a good try to ensure the standard service has been provided.

The funny thing is I have to ask for newspaper every couples day till the last 5 days that I got delivered newspaper on time. Thanks to the staffs at "wheels' who took care of it.

My breakfast was included in the rate, but I had not been told by the check in staff where to have breakfast. I had to tell her, my rate had included breakfast and she came' oh yes' Normally most of the hotels will brief the guest upon check in for their facilities but not here. I have to ask for everything included the SPG lounge, and the staff can't answer me immediately. She took time to check and came back with the name and location but not the timing to use. I think they need training for the hotel details.

The lounge for SPG member is only open till 6pm which the hotel should consider for more hours operate for SPG member as it has been shared with the Chrstyal club.

What I like the most is the free wifi internet in the hotel. The hotel should consider to change the internet plan to allow more days, not to do day by day connection which is annoying for long term staying guest.

In general, I think the hotel is a good place to stay, all you need to do is ignore the repeated mistake. I would recommend it for your business trip in Doha.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
WDohaManager, Guest Relations Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, August 15, 2010
Well hello there,

Thank you for your recent review, we certainly appreciate the time you took to provide us with some very valuable feedback.

We set very high expectations on our level of service that we provide, and it is feedback such as yours that allows us to continue to improve on our guests' experiences. I would like to take a moment to address a couple of the points that you raised in your review.

The first is to assure you that we have very strict standards on cleanliess, and I would like to reiterate that all the hotels linen is replaced on a daily basis, and I can assure you that the situation mentioned has been thoroughly investigated and the relevant actions taken.

Secondly, in regards to your points about the internet connection in the residences, we have recently upgraded the system to enable our residence guests to be "Wired" all day and avoid the problem of signing in each day. We are also currently reviewing our timings of the Club Lounge, and are looking at extending the hours, so watch this space!

I am pleased that our Wheels talent were able to help you with your newspaper request, and apologise that this was not a consistent service. We have also addressed the training concern in regards to making sure all our guests entitlements are explained at the time of check in.

Thank you once again for the review, and I am delighted that overall you had a great time at the hotel and we certainly welcome the opportunity to have you back as a guest at the W Doha.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Very jazzy feel inside the room. Would be taken well by travellers who are young at heart.
Extremely comfortable beds and cushions.
Very good view from the hotel room.

Even the smallest of amenities are very carefully planned.
The decor and ambience is good. And the service very prompt.
Cool Staff. Cool hotel. Cool all around five on five.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
WDohaManager, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, August 21, 2010
Well hello there,

Thank you for your recent Cool review, we found it Hot Stuff!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed at the W for 2 nights and I loved my experience!

Everything from check-in, to the beautifully decorated rooms and amenities. I would say that their biggest plus is their staff! Such a warm and genuine smile from everyone I encountered.

I would recommend anyone to try out Spice Market. Great food and ambience. The service excellent. Got some great recommendations from the Manager Adeel.

Only con would be all the construction around the hotel, but it´s Doha, so you would expect that from nearly every Hotel you stay at unfortunately.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Well hello there,

Thank you for your review, all our talent were blown away by your kind words. We have to agree with you, we are so proud of the job the team do!

Spice Market is great, and you'll be pleased to know that we have added a few new dishes, so make sure you come and try them on your next visit, Adel will be sure to recommend them!

The W Doha

Been to W Doha Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!