TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Beirut
“Bob's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Delicious American fast food.
My advice? Order the BBQ Wings

Beirut, Lebanon
“Simply Horrible and Disappointing...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I visited Bob's restaurant this month, at their ABC Achrafieh branch. I went during my lunch break, alone, hoping to get something delicious away from the office rush. I reached the restaurant; it was almost empty (except for a small group of teenagers chatting in the corner). I placed my order: Spicy Louisiana Boneless Chicken Wings, Coated Fries and a Chocolate Milk Shake, plus a cup of Sour Cream. The milk shake came 1st, after 5 minutes. Then I waited for 15 other minutes for the chicken and fries to arrive; I had drank half of my shake meanwhile. AND the chicken arrived semi-hot, semi-cold.
What was their excuse for that delay, since the place was almost empty? I was very disappointed.
To make things worse, the "spicy" chicken tasted sweet and buttery. Not spicy at all. That was NOT Louisiana sauce. Trust me, I cook my wings hotter and spicier than theirs. I suggest they remove the "hot chili pepper" icon next to that item from the menu. And the fries tasted stale, like fried in old, used oil.
I started to hiccup; i ordered another shake.
I paid a total of 25$ for this "lunch" and I pray not to throw up. Food is supposed to be a satisfying experience, not a "fleecing your pockets and leaving you unsatisfied" experience.
I used to go to this restaurant before, and always the same issues: bad timings, bad space management, inappropriate food taste. There are better places for such a type of food.
I have officially placed Bob's Easy Diner (Uneasy?) on my list of restaurants never to dine at again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“American fifties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is one of the two chains in Lebanon that revived American Fifties style (Bob's Easy Diner and Roadster Diner). The style is very similar, they both look like an old US roadside restaurant providing a reasonable comfort for a reasonable price.

Beirut, Lebanon
“Tasty food, medium service and little expensive price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I went with my partner.We ordered couple of starters and Salad with some soft drink.It was tasty but late to be served, took around 15-20 minutes to get what we ordered and that was just for starters, don't know how i would waited if i ordered a stake !! Waiter justified that as "Full house".
I asked the waiter to get me an additional spoon which never happened so i had to ask my partner lent me hers.
For stakes, once i tryed having a stake at Bob's, i was not satisfied. It was dry and not juicy and just could not complete it all.
I found Bob;s Easy dinner is more expensive when compared to other American food restaurants as Roadster for example.
At last, i would recommend people going this res., it have tasty food generally but you should expect paying a little more then average.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“There are much better places for this type of food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011 via mobile

They have everything other similar places have: cool staff, affordable food, easy locations..

But their food disappoints compared to other diners and burger joints

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere