TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Offers & Announcements
Free Upgrade + WIFI
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Cairo, Egypt
“Planning our 3rd Visit Already :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at Cavalier hotel in October 2011 and returned back in May 2012 for a second visit because we simply love it! We booked the Executive room both times because the rooms are nicer & we didn't think the price difference was high. The rooms are nice, on the smaller size but very well furnished for a 4 stars hotel. All the rooms look at the opposite building; however the corner rooms had more opened views. The hotel is pretty small but charming in its own way. Breakfast was convenient, not much of a variety but was still okay. When you book online you get free wireless internet which is always a plus.

I can't say enough about the service, the staff is super friendly & helpful; they are always greeting you with a smile and more than happy to help you. We usually asked them for recommendations to places we should visit & where to eat and their suggestions never failed! Even the hotel manager helped us book tickets to the Music Hall (which is a must go) very last minute and we were more than grateful. They suggested that we rent a car on our first visit (which turned out to be a great advise!) because taxis can be really expensive & they helped us with the procedures.

On our first visit we were celebrating my Husband's birthday, so they arranged it with me & sent us a complimentary cake of my choice. And on our second visit we were celebrating our 1st Anniversary and they sent us complimentary Cake & a Flower Bouquet! As I mentioned earlier, I can never say enough about their lovely spirit!

The hotel location is also a big bonus; it's right off the lively Hamra Street and a short walk to Down Town Beirut. There is big parking space next to the hotel in case you decide to rent a car like we did.

We simply love their welcoming Lebanese spirit, the convenience of the hotel & the amazing location so I guess will go back soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
West Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

At the eastern end of Hamra, this hotel's location is terrific for that area, while still serviceable for walking to/from the fancier sections of the downtown and port districts. I didn't want to spend all my time in high-end American shopping modeled (literally) after Beverly Hills, but if that's your thing, you'd be better off spending a lot more money to stay downtown.

Lufthansa's connecting flight arrives in Beirut at 3:30 in the morning, so I really appreciated the hotel's advance willingness to commit to an extraordinarily early check-in.

The room itself was solidly nice. I especially liked the full-window automatic blind, which blocked both light and some sound at the touch of a button so I could sleep in peace.

As for the Internet access, it was reliable and speedy, although my experience didn't match up with Savingtheworld's; I could only log onto either my computer, iphone, or ipad but not two at a time. Wasn't really a problem. Free and good in-room Internet was very important to me, since AT&T's international data plan doesn't apply in Lebanon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After I made my reservation 1wk ahead, confirmed the reservation 24hrs before arrival, upon arrival I was told that my reservation is cancelled and they have changed it to "35ROOMs hotel" !... I can not imagine how stupid is this this thinking and treatment, I think it is just mean way to send customers to 35 rooms hotel, which is far below and for the same price, I would not recommend it at all to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, the location is off the main street but a decent area and waking distance to all the good stuff. The rooms are good enough but nothing special, the breakfast is the same. Internet is great in that you can get as many log-ons as you need (ie not restricted to one device). The staff are friendly enough and speak English well. The elevators are the old school small European type, there are no real views from the rooms. As always in Lebanon negotiate everything outside the hotel and don't expect the staff at the hotel to assist you in negotiating, you are a tourist regardless of what you think.

I found that I could stay in a much higher class hotel down the street for the same price so I moved out eventually. Nothing against this hotel, just wanted a little more specious room with a nicer view environment as I was going to be there a while.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I recently visited while on holiday in Lebanon. The Cavalier was a decent price and they very kindly upgraded us to a suite (and left some wine and cake in our room), which was kind of them, but the hotel is almost entirely devoid of character.

There was a wide range of options at breakfast but trying to work out what worked together was a slightly baffling experience (at least for those of us who aren't on the ball first thing in the morning). Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times, including the early hours of the morning.

It is in a great location for the sights of West Beirut and you never struggle to get a service taxi back because all drivers know they can get fares from Hamraa, so I would probably stay again, but would rather stay somewhere with more character.

Room Tip: We told them (honestly) that we were on holiday to celebrate our wedding anniversary and they very k...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel location is good, very near to Hamra street, where a lot of cafes, pubs, restaurants.
Rooms a big & clean.
Breakfast is open buffet with a nice variety of everything.
Very helpful staff, free internet wifi, you have to change password daily.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Preston, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ideal location at one end of Hamra. Loads of restaurants and shops within walking distance. The hotel arranged a car to pick us up from the airport which was very handy. Breakfast was included and was very good. I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: The hotel lists Wi Fi as an extra cost, but I think they will throw it in for free if you ask. (We f...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cavalier Hotel? Share your experiences!