TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Beautiful boutique hotel (review of the rooftop terrace restaurant)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Albergo

You added Hotel Albergo to your Saves list
Hotel Albergo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   137 Abdel Wahab El Inglizi St, Beirut, Lebanon   |
Ranked #12 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Amman, Jordan
“Beautiful boutique hotel (review of the rooftop terrace restaurant)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had dinner on the rooftop terrace of the Albergo hotel on Tuesday night with a few friends and it was the perfect send off for a friend leaving Beirut after having spent a year there. Lovely atmosphere, stunning interiors - you end up wishing you could take half the decor home with you as it's so beautiful, gorgeous damascene lamps etc. Although we sat on the terrace sitting inside is recommended too because it's so pretty. The service was excellent and very friendly - very cool 'light-up' menus. Half of us went for pasta and half of us went for the 'chicken aromatic curry' dish. I would recommend the pasta over the chicken. They brought us delicious chocolate at the end of our meal too - definite plus points :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel A, General Manager at Hotel Albergo, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Jasmine A,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Albergo Rooftop for your dinner and for taking the time for sharing your pleasant review on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to know you enjoyed the mood and the cuisine, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future in one of our outlets,

Jihane Khairallah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

In a 1930s building, Hotel Albergo has a natural charm that you won't find in the more modern hotels of Beirut. The rooms are spacious and the staff are very helpful. Evidently it's on the higher end of the market but I believe can justify the prices it charges. The rooftop terrace is charming, a calm spot away from the hum of the city; just visit it to sample the pink lemonade and evesdrop on the jetset of Beirut who mix French, English and Arabic in one phrase. Perhaps to be visited before the hotel adds an extension - which is just a gaping hole behind the hotel for now.

Room Tip: I'd go for a street side room as the back rooms look over several building sites.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GON_11,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share this lovely review on Trip Advisor.
I am really glad you enjoyed it as well as the Albergo Rooftop.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon in our premises,

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We loved Beirut. There are bigger and brighter hotels to stay in but we enjoyed walking around Beirut and loved this small hotel. The room was a good size and the food in the hotel was excellent. The front desk staff were excellent and helped us arrange some tours and recommended some excellent restaurants - we ate Armenian food for the first time in our lives - it is delicious.
If you are looking for something charming - I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear global_nomad_pacific,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am really delighted to know that our Front Desk staff helped you in organizing tours and recommending restaurants.

I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in your “Home away from Home”,

beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed one romantic night in the Albergo in Beirut, which is located in the heart of the city in Sodeco. Honestly, i had heard so many good things about it, and still managed to get pleasantly surprised by the boutique hotel feeling with the meticulous decorations across the whole hotel (we walked around and asked the bell boy to give us a tour) and the historic artifacts where also quite interesting. The service was also very pleasant and the guys were very kind and helpful. The room was perfect in terms of bed, sofa, decoration to die for, but the best part was the bathroom with old style marble and wood. The courtesy fruit basket was replaced by a soft yumi cake and some exotic fruits with traditional charab al tut (raspberry juice) and dried fruits and nuts. In the morning we even ordered all of the breakfast (american, french and lebanese if i remember well) and they were all quite good! Jams, pancakes, labneh, zaatar, and croissant, and eggs and bacon and fruits and juices and breads of all kind were all delicious. I would definitely go again to escape the city :)

Room Tip: Depending on your budget and how many people you are, ask to see the rooms first and visit them. The...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear beiruti,
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your sincere comments on Trip Advisor.
I am really pleased to know you enjoyed your time in our premises, and I really look forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The staff can't do enough for you and make you feel very welcome. As it was my second visit, they upgraded me to a suite for no extra cost and it was bigger than my flat in London! The food in the restaurant is very good and breakfast was lovely too. Best scrambled eggs I've ever had.

The staff organised cars for me and charged them to the room as I'd heard horror stories of trying to get cabs (especially as I don't speak Arabic). They also recommended some day trips for me as I had some free time.

I'll definitely be going back; really lovely hotel and city.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Grattafagiolo,
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our rooftop restaurant cuisine as well as our scrambled eggs.
I really hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future in your Beiruti Home

Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We had booked two rooms and they are very personal and different. The staff and management was very friendly and helpful in all respects. The room service came within 5 minutes of ordering!

We had dinner and drinks in the restaurant on the top floor, and enjoyed all the dished, in particular the crab salad. Thank you for our stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Anne-Tine,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your opinion on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay in our premises, and I really look forward to welcoming you back in your “Home away from Home” in the near future.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012 via mobile

Interesting hotel with stylish rooms each has a taste and experience

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Tarazitarek,

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our premises in the near future,

Jihane Khairallah

Been to Hotel Albergo? Share your experiences!