TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Average hotel, not much value for money.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Tamar Hotel

You added Lancaster Tamar Hotel to your Saves list
Lancaster Tamar Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard General Emile Lahoud | P.O. Box 8, Beirut, Lebanon (Formerly Tamar Rotana Hotel)   |
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Average hotel, not much value for money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I chose this hotel as I thought it’s in a quiet area, would be comfortable and I will get value for my money. Based on these criteria, this my review:

This is a an average hotel, but the rates are just slightly less than the 5 star options you would get in the city. Things I didn’t like were:

There is only one restaurant at the hotel and the menu is so limited and the food isn't good. I had 4 meals and 2 of them were really poorly made.
The AC wasn’t working properly, the cover of the panel wasn’t attached and would fall down every time I wanted to turn the AC on/off. I didn’t ask them to come and fix it because I had a similar issue with the phone and it took them 3 days to pay attention to my repeated requests to fix it.
The towels were so old- you would feel yucky using them.
The water hose in the bathroom was leaking… no one came to fix it
They has this really strange approach to housekeeping- first thing in the morning, someone would come and knock on your door and say “hi, housekeeping! Should we clean your room?” and then they would back in a couple of hours to clean the room, then a third person would come back in a couple of hours to check if the cleaning was OK- which would make it at least 3 times a day for housekeeping to knock on your door- and open it and help themselves in if you were not prompt in responding.

On the positive note "most" (not everyone) of their staff are really nice and helpful and make it very easy to approach them and ask for help- it's just that they don't necessarily act up on your request as they promise they do!

Room Tip: Higher floors, on the pool side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Tamar_Rotana, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Miss,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Tamar Rotana.

It is with much regret to know about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the impression you had concerning the quality of our service, and rest assured that this is not the level of service we provide at Tamar Rotana.

I have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the food choices, responsiveness to guests' requests, and these will be shared by the concerned departments for the purpose of bringing the improvements needed.

We sincerely hope that this experience have not marred your overall impression of Tamar Rotana and hoping to have another chance to welcome you back and provide you with our best service.

Sincerely Yours,

Ursula Chidiac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Tamar Rotana Hadeth-Hazmieh is nice hotel,in quiet area(well you can hear a dogs sometimes)that wont disturbing you i promise.Hotel is very close to shopping Galaxy Mall with cinema and many boutique,starbucks cafe.Next to Mount Lebanon hospital is the main Beirut City center mall(12min.)5min walk from to the junction(Chiyah) is new shopping mall + many caffee wit shisha around street.Hotel is clean air conditioned and with clean rooms well look after.
The staff is very friendly and helpful with any questions you have and i ask every time!Special- receptionist Nada or manager Walid.
Tv-with many news- channel to keeping update with news all around,many movie channels with english from saudi arabia cinema channels,music channels-mtv,arabic Rotana.
Safe in room free of charge.....
Only -one more thinks-every 3 hours electricity in Beirut go off and 5sec back on again-so don't worry if you in shower!!!;-)
Excellent choice for breakfast!every one can find what he or she like!!!i read some review from (TripAdvisor)and its untrue!there is offer of scramble egg,fresh omelet cook for you,cheese choice,beef salami,hot dog,many sweets,jams,salads,always fresh fruits,steamed and fresh veg,honey,cereals and many many more.
Pool at garden is just right and very clean fresh water in.
I used free gym with all modern equipment,free towels,drink water,tv on wall,and great steam room and sauna!free
You can order massage(charge around $70)
I didn't eat dinner there i always go to Downtown,Hamra,Ashrafieh ABC......but i believe its even better than breakfast!
I will return back,hope soon!!!great experience in middle east! J.P.Ireland

Room Tip: Just ask for high level- nice view to Hazmieh hill i like that view and look over pool too.All room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tamar_Rotana, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Jaroslav,

Greetings from Tamar Rotana Beirut,

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience and positive feedback.

My team and I were very pleased to read your comments and to know that the hotel's location and the services that we offer were convenient to your trip which shows that we managed to meet your expectations.

Please note that our aim is to always provide our esteemed guests with the best stay experience from the moment they step into our property till their departure.

Mr. Jaroslav, I look forward to welcoming you back amongst us at Tamar Rotana hotel, and our staff will surely be more than glad to assist you and offer you our best service.

Yours sincerely,

Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The whole experiance was excellent, It is the best hotel i have stayed in in a long time. The staff were very friendly and helpful, The rooms were very clean and comfortable and very quiet. The food was excellent and the swimming pool excellent , I will be definetly returning back to this hotel.
I rate this hotel 5 star.

Room Tip: If you are visiting beirut this is the hotel you should be staying in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tamar_Rotana, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Duddridge,

Thank you for your input, which I was delighted to receive.

It is always very rewarding to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our premises and that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Mr. Duddridge, it is a pleasure to always welcome you back to Tamar Rotana Beirut, your home in Lebanon.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and looking forward for your next visit.

Yours Sincerely,

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a reasonable place to stay for business and I have stayed before. This time I was able to use the gym and the pool. Water a bit chilly for May but the sun stays on the pool until 6pm. Happy hour at the bar from 5 to 7pm and at the poolside was good value.
It is a 4 star, not 5, so as with most 4 stars set the expectations to match and you will be OK. It has Emirates links and gives discounts on food and drinks plus skywards miles.
My only gripe was that a plate which was outside my room on arrival was there when I checked out the next day - little bit slack on the room service front!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tamar_Rotana, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Keith,

Greetings from Tamar Rotana, and thank you for your input.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay, with regards to the plate left outside your room, and please note that corrective actions are taken to avoid the recurrence of such incident in the future.

Mr. Keith, I was pleased to know that our services have met your expectations, since we always strive to provide our guests with the best service.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back at our premises in the near future.

Yours Sincerely ,

Lokeren, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Tamar Rotana hotel is a nice hotel to stay on a business trip. The hotel is clean, rooms are good, breakfast is OK, staff are very friendly. They also provide good on site seminar facilities. Only slightly minor point is the location. Not too much to see close to the hotel. But you can always to a taxi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tamar_Rotana, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Johan,

Thank you for choosing Tamar Rotana hotel as your home in Lebanon.

I was pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay. As you know Mr. Johan we are constantly striving to achieve the highest standards of service whatever the circumstances are.

Regarding the hotel's location, please note that it has a strategic location near the airport, Beirut and a walking distance from the Galaxy mall, and the new City Centre Mall.

Mr. Johan, once again thank you for your feedback and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the Tamar Rotana- Hadeth- Beirut.

Sincerely yours,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am currently staying in the Tamar Rotana and unfortunately I have not enjoyed the experience so far. So far every meal that has been served has been cold and I have had to send it back to reheat. We have waited for up to an hour for our room service meals which consist of toast and a kids meal. Breakfast consists of stale bread and croissants.

There is no water in the swimming pool despite the temperature being way above 30 degrees, and despite requests that they fill it as we are here for two weeks. Also the sauna and steam room are out of action, the hotel is not in a nice area at all and there are dogs constantly barking all night, why are these things not working when there is nothing else to do here?

Today the hotel kindly arranged a taxi for us to visit some sights, however after an hours drive when we reached the sights everything was closed. Really shocked and disappointed that they wouldn't know this or have checked it first before recommending it to us. We informed the hotel and suggested that they compensate us for the 200 dollar taxi bill but they unsurprisingly declined.

They seem to be disorganised, slow and have no idea how to run a hotel. Really disappointed for a Rotana hotel and will not be recommending it moving forward.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tamar_Rotana, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Beryl,

Allow me first to thank you for your visit to the Tamar Rotana Hadeth-Beirut.

Kindly note that I have acknowledged your comments regarding the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay and necessary corrective measures will be taken, in order to avoid such incidents from occurring again. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Mr. Beryl, please note that part of our company’s culture is to give special attention to our customers’ feedback and strive to offer the best service and continuously improve, for us to maintain a strong relationship with our valuable guests.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

Hotel Manager
France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was a very nice comfortable hotel...my only complaint was that I could not access the internet on my MAC! I was able to on my phone, so it was not critical. Otherwise I would have rated it excellent. Fabulous Lebanese food, very clean, and great service all around. Most comfortable bed I've slept on in years! Highly recommended and only 10-15 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room I stayed in room 223 was right above the meeting room, was loud for a wedding one nig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tamar_Rotana, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Marie Christine,

Thank you for choosing Tamar Rotana hotel as your home in Lebanon.

Ms. Marie Christine, first and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced with the internet access. Kindly note that this is due to the configuration of your Laptop, in addition to the proxy settings.

We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our service and facilities and only through comments provided by our valued guests we will be able to do so.

Ms. Marie Christine, it is good to know that our services have met your expectations, and it is always a great pleasure to welcome you back to the Tamar Rotana- Hadeth- Beirut.

Sincerely yours,

Hotel Manager

Been to Lancaster Tamar Hotel? Share your experiences!