TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Great hotel for a very reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Tamar Hotel

You added Lancaster Tamar Hotel to your Saves list
Lancaster Tamar Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard General Emile Lahoud | P.O. Box 8, Beirut, Lebanon (Formerly Tamar Rotana Hotel)   |
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Paris
“Great hotel for a very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I would very much like to recommend this hotel. It is very rare to be that much positively surprised by a hotel. Everything is great, staff is very welcoming, nice and professional. The room is nicely furnished and clean, the bed is comfortable, the shower is great. Breakfast is excellent with a large choice of western and Lebanese food. I was told it was more of a business hotel but i was there with my boyfriend and we both liked it very much. And the price is extremely reasonable for the quality and compared to other hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Miss,

Thank you for choosing Hazmieh Rotana as your home in Beirut.

Please note that our aim at Hazmieh Rotana is to always exceed our guests expectations and

provide them with a treasured time during their whole stay.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us as it is very rewarding for my

team and I to know that our esteemed guests have spent a very nice stay at our property.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future reservations.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

It is very warm in winter.
Very good and friendly ambiance.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

It is very rewarding for my team and I to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please note that our aim in Hazmieh Rotana is to always exceed our guests expectations, and

ensure they spend with us a treasured time.

I look forward to welcoming you back at our property and we will provide you with our best

services and attention at all times.

Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Nice and large rooms, personnel very helpful.
However restaurant for dinner lacks a large selection of options and food quality is not as good as you can find in downtown restaurants.
Breakfast is really good with a large selection of self service options to choose from.
In rooms with windows on the main road you can often hear cars and trucks noise during the night so it is good to avoid that rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with windows on the main road because are noisy during the night.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Dear Sir,

Allow me first to thank you for your interest shown in our hotel.

I have well received your comments and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback.

With regards to our restaurant food dinner, please advise if you have any special suggestions,

in order for us to take the necessary corrective action.

In addition to your assigned room with window on the main road, please note that I have

taken into consideration your remarks, and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for your visit, and we look forward to welcoming you back at the

Hazmieh Rotana Beirut.

Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel impressed me with its very precise business range target. Very professional staff, yet very friendly. Very nice design, furnishing,. decorations. Elegant and sober. I would very much recommend it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Hazmieh Rotana Beirut.

I have well received your comments and was very pleased to read them.
Please note that one of our main purpose is to satisfy our esteemed guest's expectations.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future reservations.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back at our premises.

Hala C. Massaad
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was looking for a hotel where my kids could swim. We found this hotel which seemed nice and we started our first day OK. I asked for a high floor room and I got it. Always ask for a high floor to avoid the noisy barking of dogs next door. The next day was the disaster when we came back from sightseeing to swim only to find the pool closed for a birthday! They never told us before and my kids were very disappointed. When I went to ask for the manager the guy at the front desk couldn't do anything about it. I asked for the manager but the manager on duty was Sharbel and he didn't come out so I left on my own. At that point I wanted to change the hotel but it was too late. I would never stay there again. Before our stay we tried to contact the manager Hala but she didn't respond to the email sent to her. It seems that they only care about replying to reviews without really doing the right thing. They could have informed us earlier about the swimming pool but they didn't. All what they did was to put a small piece of paper on the door of the pool 2 hours before the birthday to tell you that it is closed today! This was really terrible and I don't even want to think about it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HazmiehRotana1, Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Sir,

Allow me first to thank you for your visit to the Hazmieh Rotana.
Please note that I have acknowledged your comments regarding the inconvenience you have experienced with our pool closing.
Nevertheless, we have placed letters in all rooms on Thursday 1st of September next to the TV cabinet, please accept our sincere apologies if you had not received it.

Please note that we at Hazmieh Rotana always strive to offer the best service to our valuable guests, and continuously improve for us to maintain a strong relationship. In that sense, I would appreciate if you can please forward your contact details in order for me to get in touch and get more information about the inconvenience caused.

I do hope that you will give us the chance to make it up again for you, and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Hazmieh Rotana.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The first time I stayed at the Rotana there were some minor hiccups and scope for improvement.. I reported it to them via their customer survey and received the customary response that the will take care of it.. thought it was the usual one and no action will be taken.. HOW WRONG I WAS!!! They had complete recollection of all the points I was not happy about and the did make the changes.. what was even more surprising was that the Captain of the Restaurant recollected my choice for breakfast and offered me the same.. great customer service..
Overall a great hotel to stay - pretty decent breakfast, spacious room and facilities, courteous staff and prompt response.. only point of concern was the traffic- this is something beyond the hotel managment.. word of advise- plan for upto 45min to get in and out of the hotel during peak rush hour...
A tip: the in-house taxi is a private car rental- quite expensive.. it is better to ask the reception for a call taxi.. they are atleast 50% cheaper than the rent a car company.. of course quality of the car and interior conditions can be better with the rent a car..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your input. It is a pleasure to always welcome you to the Hazmieh Rotana hotel.
I would like to assure you that we always do our outmost to meet our guests expectations.

Your comments have reached me, and I was pleased to know that we were able to make it up to you, and you had a great stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With Kind Regards,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The hotel is very clean.
Breakfast is perfect, the person in charge at the breakfast is very freindly, always smiling.
The room is ok, a small bathroom but it's ok.
We were asked to pay for the parking but when we did the reservation through expedia.com it was mentioned free parking.
The hotel service to the airport charged us more than what the receptionist told us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Hazmieh Rotana hotel as your home in Lebanon.I was pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, as we always strive to make our valuable guests time spent with us, a treasured one.

I have taken into consideration your comments about the parking, and the fact that you were charged by our hotel, although it was mentioned free parking when you did your reservation through expedia.com.
Please note that our parking rates are displayed on expedia.com.Therefore, I would kindly recommend that you forward us your reservation confirmation, so that we would be able to check what happened exactly, and accordingly take the necessary corrective action.

In addition to the inconvenience that you have experienced with your airport drop off charges, I would appreciate if you can please give me additional details, in order for us to move further in our investigation.

Sir, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and I will be more than glad to asist you in your future bookings at our property.

Hala Massaad

Been to Lancaster Tamar Hotel? Share your experiences!