TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Cairo, Egypt
“new year vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

this hotel is excellent in all and every aspect. very friendly & cooperative staff. great location. perfectly clean. excellent service. great value for money. i would certainly recommend it for my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted to receive your very nice comments and appreciation to our services and to our team members as well.

Thank you for your patronage and support to Gefinor Rotana Beirut. Indeed we value your trust and confidence in us.
As we are constantly striving to achieve the highest standards of service so it is always very rewarding for my team and I to know that we have met your expectations.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in Gefinor Rotana Beirut in the near future.

With Kind regards and best wishes for a Happy New Year 2014 !

Franck Royer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Located near Beirut's main shopping centers, Gefinor Rotana is an excellent choice of a hotel. I have stayed in this hotel so many times and each visit the staff seems to top itself with even better services. Gefinor Rotana might be considered a little expensive but it is worth every pound spent.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing with us your stay at Gefinor Rotana hotel and for rating us as a hotel where “International Luxury meets Lebanese Hospitality”.

I was happy to learn that you have enjoyed our services, and our location was convenient for you.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future at your home in Beirut.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had the great fortune of staying at the Gefinor while I was on a business trip to Beirut. From my inital contact with Julien to make my reservation to my departure for an early morning flight, my stay was perfect. My room was well appointed and the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The Olive Garden restaurant's breakfast buffet was phenomenal. A wide variety of cold (cheeses, meats, smoked salmon, etc) and hot (eggs, hash browns, mixed vegetables etc) were on offer every day as well as pastries (Lebanese and things like croissants) and cereals, yogurt, etc. Fresh OJ and coffee were brought to the table. Moodz was also a quiet lounge to unwind at the end of the day. The front desk was always helpful. Really, everything was so well done in such a gracious and elegant way.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor.

It is rewarding to us to know that our service was up to your expectations. We are happy to learn that we succeeded in ensuring that our esteemed guests are satisfied at all levels.
Please note that I have shared the same with my respective team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back amongst us in the near future

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel is in a very central location, very close to all interesting places of Beirut. The building in itself looks a bit old, and also the formiture in the room look like this. It was winter when I was there, and the bathroom was freezing cold, same as the room. Once with the heating on it got super warm, and it was to regulate to get a decent temperature. The bed was also a bit hard.... so in the end I did not sleep so well. The hotel has an amazing roof terrace with pool, and the view is great. I think it would be really nice in the summer. Finally I have to say that the breakfast and the food were amazing, and it is difficult to say in a city where the food is in average always excellent. But this place was above the average. All the personnel was extremely friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to learn that you appreciated both our hotel location, services and colleagues.

As for the mattress, I am glad to inform you that we are in the process of replacing all of them and hopefully you will have a better experience during your next visit.

Our hotel lobby, the Olive Garden restaurant, Moodz lobby lounge as well as our meeting facilities have been all recently renovated and soon to follow are the rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back amongst us at Gefinor Rotana Rotana hotel, and we will assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at the Gefinor for 2 weeks in November; it was a very comfortable and friendly hotel. The staff, be they housekeeping or in the restaurant or at the desk are very friendly and able to help. Also, a well equipped gym comes with couple of personal trainers to keep you in shape.

AND, if you are like me and had not been to Beirut before, it is a WOW city!
The Gefinor is really well located, near to the buzz of Hamra and just a couple of minutes walk down to the Corniche and seafront.

Room Tip: Get a sea view; The Mediterranean is spectacular
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review here on TripAdvisor.

It is very rewarding for us to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Gefinor Rotana during your first visit to Beirut.

Your feedback is very appreciated and I have shared the same with my colleagues.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My stay in this hotel made my trip to Beirut so much better. The Clemenceau area of Beirut (where this hotel is located) is very central but quiet, which is a hard balance to strike in a city like Beirut. The area is why I chose this hotel but the service is the reason I'll be going back. The staff were very helpful and quick to get our requests through, and the room and bathroom were very clean and well-maintained (nothing worse than outdated hotel rooms). The most charming aspect was sleeping and waking up to the views on the 9th floor. We kept our windows open so we could see the sea and enjoy the breeze- nothing beats Mediterranean mornings.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the sea!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Allow me first to thank you for taking the time to post your review here on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you had a great time with us and that we made your trip to Beirut much better.
It is really rewarding to learn that all aspects of your stay were up to your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again amongst us in the near future.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

located in a very central area. walking distance from rue Hamra. Downtown can be reached in 10 minutes walk. Hotel reception is working 24/24. We checked in and checked out at 2 am. The hotel is very nice, clean, and the emplyees are really kind. High floors are quiter (but outside noise is negligible). We didn't try the breakfast, so I can't suggest anything about it. Nice view from the roof top.

Room Tip: we got a room on the 10th floor, with sea view. very nice and quite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like thank you for staying with us during your last visit to Beirut.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad to learn that you found our hotel clean and our colleagues really kind.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon at the Gefinor Rotana Beirut .

Franck Royer

Been to Gefinor Rotana Hotel? Share your experiences!