Check-in was slow and there was no clarity about providing transport. The staff seemed almost bemused I was asking about transport, nearby locations and so on.
I enjoyed my stay enormously though: the staff were extremely kind (odd they have a rule you can't eat on the terrace outside, but good they ignored it) the views are idyllic and the hotel facilities, especially the leisure club, are memorably good. Occupancy was appallingly low when I was there due to disturbances in the Lebanon, but I would definitely stay again for leisure if I get the opportunity to visit the Lebanon. In fact this hotel must be one of the best hotels to go on holiday in the Middle East.
Really it's more of a honeymoon destination than a business hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Beirut is perched on a towering hilltop overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, 15 kilometres from downtown and the airport. The property is close to the magnificent Jeita Grotto, nominated one of the 7 wonders, Casino du Liban, the historic city and souks of Byblos, ski resorts and upscale shopping districts. The 231 guest rooms and suites are equipped with every modern convenience. Gastronomy is an important part of Le Royal Hotels & Resorts. Le Jardin du Royal, overlooking the panoramic pool, offers breakfast, seafood, Italian and Mexican fare, and barbecue nights in the summer with live music. The Titanic is a piano bar with a maritime feel, offering French and continental specialties music. Diwan Shahrayar offers meza, grilled meats and Arabic desserts, with belly dancers shows. The Ikebana Night Club hosts Arabic comedy nights every weekend.The Royal SPA, spread over three levels and 3,500 m2 of space, boasts panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea, an indoor swimming pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, sauna, mud bath and Turkish bath, aerobics classes, personal training, squash, and tennis, in addition to many unique spa treatments. The Watergate Aqua Park spread over 20,000 m2 is one of the largest in the Middle East, featuring exciting rides, multiple swimming pools and casual dining.Banqueting and meeting facilities include six venues of different capacities, accommodating up to 1,000 people. All hotel banqueting venues and meeting rooms provide daylight illumination and are equipped with the latest audiovisual equipment.Le Royal Hotels & Resorts Beirut earned the first Clef d’Or title in Lebanon, providing unparalleled Concierge service to guests and travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Le Royal Hotels & Resorts Beirut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Hotels & Resorts Beirut Hotel Beirut
- Le Royal Hotels And Resorts Beirut
- Le Royal Hotel Beirut
- Beirut Le Royal Hotel