TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Moevenpick Hotel Beirut
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   General de Gaulle Avenue | Raoucheh, Beirut, Lebanon   |
Ranked #25 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Alpine, New Jersey
“excellent for middle east”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed here in 6/2012 for 5 nights, 6 days. This was my first time in Beirut.

Pros: really nice pools, nice rooms, excellent cleaning staff, most of the workers spoke English which was nice for me since I do not speak Arabic, friendly workers, safe works well, good bellboys, rooms were not expensive (I paid ~$315 a night), interior designing of the hotel was excellent, secure hotel, elevators worked well, good supply of towels, good location.

Cons: TV channels were fuzzy (not clear), prices were expensive at the poolside (I think it was $4 for a water bottle), prices were expensive at the restaurants as well (I ate down the street at Grand Cafe, Bay Rock, Petit Cafe- thought the food was better at these places than the Burj place which was more expensive). Everybody smokes around the pool which sort of sucks for me since I am American and I am not used to it and I also have asthma. Lebanon reminds me of the USA in the 1970s when people used to smoke in public places. THE WORST THING OF THE HOTEL: THE LOUD MUSIC AT NIGHT!!!! THE HOTEL HAS A PLACE ON THE ROOFTOP CALLED SQUARE (WHICH I WENT TO ONE NIGHT AND IT WAS A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE) AND THEY PLAY LOUD MUSIC UNTIL 3AM AND I CAN HEAR IT FROM MY HOTEL ROOM. I THINK IT WAS A BAD IDEA BY THEM TO HAVE THIS PLACE! I'd take sleep over a nice restaurant/lounge. They need to get soundproof windows, move this place or get rid of this place because I couldn't fall asleep one of the nights. Spa was way too expensive. I could afford it but I do not believe in the principle of charging that much for a massage. I could pay 30% of what they were charging at one of the best places in the U.S. Same goes for the expensive breakfast.

Would I stay here again?

Yes, I would. The experience overall was positive. I plan on going to Lebanon next year and I'll probably stay at Moevenpick for a few nights and the other nights at the new 4 seasons hotel that looks really nice! Overall, I give this place 4.4/5 since it is in the Middle East. If it was in the USA, I'd give it a 3.4/5. Therefore, if you are going to Lebanon, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is the second time I have visited this hotel and this time I had a better impression. It is located on the Mediteranian Sea in the Rouche destrict. It is a big hotel with sea sport facilites. It contains three swimming pools, olympic, kids and another pool near the pool bar. If you are a hotel guest then you can use all of the facilities for free. Other people renting kabins in the hotel have to pay an entry fee to use the pools. There are life guards at all pools all the time. The rooms in the hotel are spacious and have wired internet connection but WiFi is available in the loby and all around the hotel although around the pool it is weak. The room has all amenities and they provide bottled water for free and bring fruits for the deluxe rooms. Service is excellent and quick, for room service and house keeping. Breakfast was included in the rate and it was fabulous buffet breakfast. The only disadvantage in the hotel is that you have to pay for the valet parking, if you have a car, and this is not cheap.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
rchbat, Public Relations Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear NanaMoo,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Beirut once again. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your experience with us even more this time and appreciate your kind feedback. As you know, parking is charged in all Lebanon hotels and we are certain to be in line with market prices.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

service : waw!
fodd : excellent
everything is sooooooooo amazing!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel reminds me of a run down Crown Plaza in Australia. I would give it no more than 4 stars and bordering 3.5. The employees at check in were quite rude especially the females. The men begun to warm to us after a couple of days. I think they found it strange that two Australian girls were on holiday in Beirut so did not trust us easily. Once they realised we were 'normal' they were quite attentive. Their breakfast is yum! The pool is relaxing, do not swim in the beach next door it is dirty. There was one particular security guard at the pool that continually tried to intimidate us and stop us from having fun. Do not pay more than $10 for a taxi to Downtown and Hamra, you must be stern and confident with them. And you MUST do the Walking Tour of Beirut. We also loved Jbeil/Byblos... its expensive by taxi to get to but the food at Feniquia is unreal. Downtown was also a favourite! I think this hotel is over priced for what you get in Australian standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool not the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear TravelLadyBeetle,

Thank you for your feedback which was addressed to the management. We are happy that your stay eventually turned into a positive one in the end.

maroc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I loves this hotel
The personal was very kind
The restaurant good
The ambiance perfect
The piscines and the spa wonderful
The locality perfect in front of the sea

• Stayed May 2012
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The rooms are spacious all my items were all set in place and I have plenty of stuff! The food is amazingly delicious both outlets and room service. The rooms are incredibly fresh and clean. The service is great hospitable and professional. Housekeeping is always attentive and efficient to requests which is a big plus in anybodys stay. Also the ambiance in the hotel's lobby is always lit up and bubbly with Hemingway being in the center of the lobby and staying up late is a perfect invitation for more relaxing and pleasant time to spend. I really enjoyed my stay. There will be repeats. I recommend it to all my friends and definitely recommend to who ever is reading this. Have a nice stay,

Room Tip: Get higher rooms for a better view and also must say lower rooms get direct view of sea as well.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I travel to Beirut few times a year, but never tried this hotel before! However now that I had the chance to do so. All I can say that it’s an excellent hotel from all aspects (Staff, facilities, quality of the product)! Plus their location is very convenient close to the airport at the same time around 10 min drive to down town. So I can called it a resort within the city as the minute you walk in to the hotel you feel like you are away from everything and you can really enjoy your time there. The swimming is amazing plus the variety of activities they offer is as fulfilling. They have a bar in the lobby with live singer that certainly blows the mind with her voice moreover the variety of songs between English/French a great spot to have a drink and relax after long day. The hotel staff has a very positive attitude and everyone is smiling and enjoys what they are doing genuinely which I think it’s make such a big different in the stay. They always offer to help, and go the extra mile for you even if it’s outside their responsible area.
To summit up a great hotel, great value for money & definitely will recommend it to everyone without hesitation!
To hotel management (Keep it up & I look forward to my next visit)
THANK YOU for everything.
Jaouad S
Dubai

Room Tip: Pick a room with Swimming Pool View! between (4&& floor)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaouad S,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Beirut for your recent stay and for the wonderful feedback you have provided. You will be happy to know that we have shared your review with the team and we will do our utmost to continue exceeding your expectations in the future. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely,

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Beirut? Share your experiences!