TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“One of the best” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Commodore Hotel

You added Le Commodore Hotel to your Saves list
Le Commodore Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Commodore Street | PO Box 11-3456, Riad El Solh, Beirut 1107 2140, Lebanon   |
Ranked #34 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Beirut, Lebanon
“One of the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It is not a meridien anymore, but it is still great. The rooms are clean and neat, the service is very well and the reception is very professional.
The room is not that spacious, but perfect for one or 2.
The rooms are super clean, the sheets are changed daily, and the toilet is very well maintained.
The best thing in this hotel is the restaurant. If you are a fan of Sushi, here is the place to be. Benihana..
Great staff, nice shows, lovely food.
The location is just by Hamra street. It is a street parallel to the main hamra street, but located at almost the end of the street.
I highly recommend it. It is a bit expensive, but sometimes you can good deals for as much as 85$ per night.

Room Tip: Book there during special discounts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Nader,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for appreciating the services in the hotel and for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is clean, in nice quite narrow street so close to Hamra, staff are very nice, friendly and so much helpful with profesionl attitude, nice Asian restaurant, nice pool, small but deep, rooms are cosy and well furnished

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Hany,

Thank you once again for appreciating the services in the hotel and for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good for a desperate emergency only reservation, the old door man I like to call uncle fester (also a little Lurchy) is the best thing about this hotel. He is so old I refuse to let him carry my bags and tip him anyway. You get the feeling that the staff (majority male) all have an angle, they try too hard to become your "friend", and end up extorting you. The food is terrible. In terms of cleanliness I cant complain.

Room Tip: Stick to the Hiltons and crown plazas
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear M. Rawadi,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate taking time to write your constructive comments about our hotel and all your points will be reviewed and taken care of.

I would be very appreciative if you could send me an e mail with all the information so that internally we can do our own investigation as we take all these matters very seriously.

If you have any additional comments or need additional information , I remain at your entire disposal on e.chahine@lecommodorehotel.com

Warm Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Le Commodore is a nice hotel in Hamra, Right in the centre of the city with everything close by. The Hotels atmosphere is nice and the rooms are cosy. I have stayed here 3 times in 2 months, with at least 4 nights on each stay, and frankly I thought by becoming a loyal client, i would get an enhanced service or some sort of upgrade but that wasn't the case, and that was slightly disappointing. every hospitality organization invests in Loyalty nowadays. Heres a bit more about my experience.

LIKES:

- Location is brilliant if you need to be in the Centre of the city and close to a lot of nice bars and shopping areas.

- Room Service came on time and were well trained. room was constantly well kept. the room service guys were so polite and did as i told them to exactly. the same with the Laundry guys.

- Although the furniture were somewhat worn out, Rooms were still cosy and the beds were relatively comfortable. its also spacious and well lit i spent a lot of time indoor for work and enjoyed it. there's also a Balcony on every room. was perfect if you need to go out for some fresh air.

- Trustworthy. I left my Bag for 20 days at the hotel and came back after my trip and it was safe and delivered immediately to my room. THANK YOU!

DISLIKES:

- Some guys at the reception seem to have some attitude going on thats not very friendly. maybe that was my own perception but i felt it and i've been staying at hotels excessively. I haven't felt they put a tiny effort with a warm welcome or ask anything about my stay.

- The gym facility was poor, barely any decent workout equipment that you would expect. it's more like an open gymnast space.

- WIFI was my biggest issue. it has been constantly weak, and slow in my room. despite that i've stayed in different rooms on different levels. one more thing that was really annoying is that you only get 1 login, so if you need to update your phone, you will need to buy another one. disappointing.

In conclusion, as for what i was paying, i could expect so much better. the hotel was nice but i wouldn't call my experience Special and I'm quite sure it is really overrated for a 5 star. I hope they give these services an uplift. as for my next stay i will move to nearby Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Eddy C, Director of Sales at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Alaa,

First of all allow us to thank you for the support shown towards Le Commodore Hotel which is truly appreciated and we really appreciate your positive feedback reported on trip advisor regarding our location, room service punctuality, rooms conditions and the trustworthiness of our working staff.
On the other hand we apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay and we assure you that all the issues have been raised with the concerned departments and corrective measures have been taken in order to avoid the recurrence of such incidents in the future.
•Our Front Office Manager held a quick investigation with his respective team and clear instructions have been given by our General Manager in order to provide our guests the best quality of service and hospitality that we, at Le Commodore Hotel, pledge towards our clients.
•As for our facilities, we would like to inform you that our clients have free access to the well known health club in town “Lifestyle” which is a walking distance from the property.
•Last but not least, we addressed the WIFI issue with the concerned department which in return started a quick assessment in all hotels’ rooms to improve the quality.
Finally, we hope that you will grant us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit to Beirut as we would indeed be saddened for you to stay elsewhere in the city. I am personally looking forward to welcoming you back.
Your feedback has been extraordinarily valuable, helping us constantly review our performance and persistently improve.

Yours sincerely,
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in February. It was a nice hotel but average at the most. I found it overrated, especially for the price we were paying. The service was just okay and I felt a bit embarrassed to ask the concierge questions as he seemed a bit "oh you don't already know this?" kind of attitude. However, it was in a good location and we found our way around easily. We hired a driver to take us all over Lebanon so we didn't end up spending much time at the hotel except for sleeping. The room was comfortable enough. The breakfast was horrible and over-priced and they were very rude to us when we tried to pay. I will explore other hotel options next time I'm in Lebanon...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear M. Emily,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to inform us about your experience at Le Commodore Hotel and we truly appreciate your constructive comments tremendously.

Moreover and with reference to your note, we are really sorry for the inconvenience occurred during your last stay with us with regards the concierge and the breakfast.

Our General Manager has shared your comments with each department which in return will investigate and address the issue with the team member’s concerned in order to avoid the recurrence of such incidents in the future.

Hoping that this did not affect on your stay we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Commodore Hotel and assuring you that we will spare no efforts to make your stay with us the most enjoyable and memorable one.

Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's been some time since I visited the Le Commodore Hotel and I recently decided I needed to describe the service shortcomings I experienced during my stay back in September 2012. I spent about 4 days during a business trip to lovely Beirut. Most of my days were spent out of the hotel with clients and numerous meetings.

The room itself was tired and nothing special for a so called 5 star hotel and bed was uncomfortable. Food uninspiring both the breakfast buffet and the occasional room service. Staff seemed uninterested and did not do much to WOW me during my stay. My biggest issue was with the service that I experienced on one of the nights where I had an evening meeting with a potential client at the lobby lounge of the hotel. Being professional I went down to the lobby about 10 minutes early and took a seat at the couches next to the bar.

My appointment was running late and arrived 30 minutes later so it was close to 40 minutes before my potential customer arrived. In those 40 minutes I was not approached once to be offered a menu or asked if I needed something to drink and there was someone floating around but he paid no attention to me. My appointment lasted another 45 minutes and in that time, nothing!! I have stayed at many hotels and have never experienced this before! I could only explain this as the Hotel is in no need for extra money as it is making so much that a couple of drinks from 2 people is not sufficient but this could not be the reason as it was not that busy there must've been another 5 different tables of between 2 to 4 people at each and I was watching if they were being served. You guessed it NO!!! You may say why did you not ask for service? Well my philosophy is a simple one, if I go somewhere were service is expected I should not ask for it, it should be a given. The funniest is that my appointment noticed this as well and was shocked.

Maybe the Le Commodore does not care about its customers or their people are not trained well enough. Now I am sure that it is not the first part but rather that they do not train their people well enough or they are not being trained correctly. I know this, when I return to Beirut, I will definitely give this hotel a miss even if it is offered for Free!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Eddy C, Director of Sales at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear M. touristas_jhb,

On one hand, we would like to thank you for your constructive comments and on the other hand we have the pleasure to inform you about lots of improvement since your last visit dated September 2012.

- We held a soft refurbishment to some floors and rooms.
- WIFI available in all our rooms and lobby.
- Our buffet breakfast is rich and contains Lebanese & international items.
- Staff is well trained and available at all times.

Guest satisfaction is our main concern and we also assure you that those incidents are in no way representative of the quality of service that we, at Le Commodore Hotel, pledge towards our clients; and thus hope that this will not keep you from coming back again to Le Commodore Hotel.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff are amazing - they were kind and helped us with anything we needed. We stayed in this hotel for 2 months and that is a long time to keep up with a service. But they were great and respectful everyday.
I will recommend this hotel as they provide an excellent service and they remember your name and your room number off by heart.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear M. Llyrio,

We would like to thank you for your positive review and for sharing your good experience with trip advisor readers.

We look forward to seeing you again amongst Le Commodore family.

Best regards,

Been to Le Commodore Hotel? Share your experiences!