TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Le Commodore Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Commodore Hotel to your Saves list
Le Commodore Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Commodore Street | PO Box 11-3456, Riad El Solh, Beirut 1107 2140, Lebanon   |
Ranked #37 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very nice Hotel, the food was good and the staff were very helpful.
The room was clean and well maintained with its own balcony although the view wasn't particularly good.
I took approximately 30 minutes to travel to and from the airpot from this location.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Eddy C, Director of Sales at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear M. Justin,

Thank you for your positive comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always keen to deliver a high standard of service that makes our guest's stay enjoyable.
Regarding the room’s view, I would like to highlight that we have rooms overlooking the hotel pool that you can book it for your next stay.

I look forward to welcoming you personally.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Baghdad, Iraq
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The location is very good regarding easy access to Al-Hamra street and Al-Hamra shopping area, but the view is not very nice as it is surrounded by high old buildings; all other issues are very good - excellent especially the cleanness, braekfast and sleep quality

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Imad,

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at the Commodore two year ago for a week ,it 's so nice hotel wiz friendly stuff I stayed in a balcony room overlooking the street you can try the pool view , the hotel is clean and really nice the rooms are so good their restaurant have lovely breakfast , also The hotel was only few steps from Al Hamra st so you can walk and shop and eat in hamra area ,it's also near the famous barbar restaurant you should go and try it and enjoy ;)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Eddy C, Director of Sales at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a real pleasure to hear your good review about Le Commodore Hotel and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We assure you that we always look for better service and comfort toward our loyal and new guests and we look forward to welcoming you again at our premises.
I am delighted to meet you personally during your next visit. Hereunder my email: e.chahine@lecommodorehotel.com

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to Lebanon and I chose the Commodore for its location in Hamra shopping area. The hotel was only few steps far from Al Hamra st. I stayed in a balcony room overlooking the pool with a very nice view. It was comfy and well equipped. The flooring was parquet wood so the room was very clean and fresh smelling - unlike carpeted rooms. The staff members were hospitable and accommodated all my needs; including my bizarre omlet choices. I had to extend my stay for one day and they offered me the corporate rate without having to call home. I really enjoyed my stay and it is definitely my choice if I went there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Eddy C, Director of Sales at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments towards Le Commodore Hotel and it is a pleasure to read your review and to know that you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again at our premises and I am presonally delighted to meet with you.

Damascus, Syria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed several times at the Commodore and it never seems to amaze me that from the most basic room to a suite the floors are covered in Linoleum. It seems that the Commodore's glory days have passed it by.

The rooms are a little jaded and poor in quality. There is a general air of mustiness about the corridors and rooms.

Views of adjoining buildings are depressing, however the hotel is centerally located in Hamra and is a short stroll to the main shopping centre.

Try to buy something for breakfast because you will be disappointed by the offering of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eddy C, Director of Sales at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive comments and for the interest and belonging shown to Le Commodore Hotel.
On one hand, we started a soft refurbishment for some floors and i hope you will give us the opportunity to experience our rooms during your next stay.
On the other hand, we are keen to get your details comments regarding how to improve our breakfast buffet on my personal email e.chahine@lecommodorehotel.com.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Le Commodore Hotel your home away from home.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and I don't see how it is 5 star??? Anyway it had a good enough gym and comfortable room. Not the best location either. WIFI is very expensive in fact I stayed at properties in Byblos with less star rating and WIFI was free. The hotel overall needs a renovation and needs to offer complimentary WIFI.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive comments and we appreciate giving us your review about our hotel.
We started making some soft refurbishments for some floors; we hope you will give us the opportunity during your next visit to experience it.
On the other hand we have the pleasure to revise our WIFI pricing strategy according to the market and improve it when necessary.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming in the future.
Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

As I am a frequent traveler to Lebanon for busienss and personal trips, Le commodore hotel is the first hotel to consider staying at , perfect location in the heart of Hamra, very comfortable – convenient space - rooms, delicious restaurants with variety of food, in addition to the extremely friendly and flexible staff that makes sure you feel home and welcomed, it is a 360 package that makes the value for money very reasonable.

Room Tip: Never faced any trouble with any of the rooms