TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Le Vendome Beirut

Save Saved
You added Le Vendome Beirut to your Saves list
Le Vendome Beirut
5.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Ain Mreysseh | PO Box 13/5518, Beirut 5518, Lebanon   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% Off Room Rates!
Ranked #12 of 113 hotels in Beirut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good hotel, limited facilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had an overnight trip to Beirut and stayed here. A number of my colleagues regularly stay here and prefer it to the Phoenicia. The hotel is really small boutique. The service is excellent and the staff upto the usual standards one would be expect. The hotel has an old world, European feel to it. The rooms are well done, clean and have all the facilities. They are on the smaller side compared to the usual in the region. The staff is friendly. Like a number of other intercon properties, the staff likes to share their local knowledge of the city. The young man at the reception was really helpful and provided me with options for other places to go in the city. I could not use thos suggestions since I had meetings most of the following day.

The hotel has only one restaurant +bar, the bar area is useless but the bar snacks are really tasty. The restaurant area was full even on a Monday evening and my lebanese colleagues spoke highly of it. There is no gym but they have arrangement with the nearby Phoenicia and a bus service to take you there. I did not try it, since it was really cold and I don't need too much to dissuade me from skipping gym anyways.

All in all, good competent hotel but there are no facilities or restaurant outlets.

Room Tip: The sea-view rooms might be worth the money. I did not take it, but did wonder what it would have be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear SingaporeKAP,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate and thank you for the the kind words for our staff. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

What a pleasure to go back to Le Vendome after several years! Since I was really looking forward, my expectations were quite high! And all were met!
A couple of days before arriving, I received an email asking for my arrival details. Nice touch, especially since I was actually landing at Beirut Airport rather late. I therefore asked for a pick-up and was a bit shocked by the price (USD 60 while a taxi would ask for about 20 USD 20 or 25, after negotiation - taxi meters is an unknown object in Beirut). Given my late arrival after a long day work and a flight, I went for it. I was nicely welcomed at the exit of the luggage hall (he hotel has a booth there) and escorted to the car. I was told they upgraded it: A Bentley! Nice touch!
Arrived at the hotel after a 15 minutes ride. Check-in was as smooth as usual: upon arrival at the hotel, I was immediately brought to my room where I was asked to sign the papers and give my passport. Nice not to have to queue and stand in front of a desk.
The room was as lovely as usual: well decorated, great bed and nice bathroom with all the necessary amenities ("L'Occitane"). Free wifi. I was however afraid of the noise given the fact, a building is under construction on each side of the hotel. But no major inconvenience.
The "Au Premier" restaurant is currently closed as a new one will open next year. But the iconic Sidney's is still there, on the top floor and still open 24/7. Gorgeous breakfasts! Lunch and dinners looked good as well. There is now furthermore a little corner where drinks and some food are offered at certain hours of the day to certain clients (the executive lounge" thing). Nice.
No spa at le Vendome itself, but still an outdoor swimming pool right in front and the access to the nearby Phoenicia spa is given.
Great, like really great, staff! Attentive and efficient at all instant.
All together, Le Vendome remains one of my favourite hotels in the world! And of course I look forward to go back as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Do ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great hotel.
Very helpful staff.
We had a lovely room with a great view of the Mediterranean.
breakfasts were expansive with a lovely view.
Good location, right on the Corniche
Would definitely return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederic B, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Mr. Nigel B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us at Le Vendome Beirut.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time and that you were happy with the hotel’s overall service and facilities. I was happy that you enjoyed our view and breakfast buffet at Sydney’s.

On behalf of the Hotel, we look forward to welcome you again

Frederic Brohez
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We booked the Intercontinental based on another friends booking without any research which was a little risky. The only other option was the Phoenicia Hotel (same price bracket) just down the road which is also worth a look from what our friends said.
On arrival to avoid having to barter with the dodgy Lebanon taxis we organised a hotel transfer which set us back around $60 USD yet I believe this is well worth it if you are not a local and want a quick exit from the airport. We were met at the transfer desk by a lovely girl by the name of Sarah who took us to a car park away from the crowded pick up drop off area of the airport & hopped into 7 series BMW. The trip took the 20min trip to the hotel and was nice and relaxing... chilling out time (start of the holiday). On arrival the hotel looks nice if not a little oldish from the outside yet inside foyer has beautiful chandelier and nice use of classic tiles and furniture.
We were taken to our room by Sarah all the while she gave us the information on the hotel and surrounding area. On entering the room it was a decent size, beautifully appointed with baroque chairs, super confirmable bed with the "city" view. The view is not the best as the city is a little under the weather if you know what I mean.
I mentioned to Sarah that the noise form the construction site was a little annoying and she mentioned if it was an issue she would move us. Sarah left and I had some of the amazing fruit/sweets/macaronis that was on a platter in our room. Some 5 minutes later we had a knock on the door and one of the staff had arrived with some rose water and served us a few drinks which was fantastic. We then left to pick up some tickets and just before leaving Sarah called to say she would move our room while we were out (she recalled us talking from the airport that we were picking up some tickets for the chili peppers playing that night). On returning to the hotel we had been moved to the Ocean View side of the hotel which was beautiful. We had a quick shower with the L`Occitane bath products (nice) and went to the hotel pool across the road called Le Plague (spelling may not be correct). We were told by multiple people this was the best pool bar in Beirut. It has a chilled vibe with hotel guests (free) and the public (pay a fee) to gain access. The service pool side is great and we never had to remind the staff of an order or request. The Dj plays fantastic beats and the ocean views are magic. We recovered at the pool after our nights out here both days from around 12-6pm (closing time) so I can highly recommend it as a must (not suitable for kids/families). Back to the hotel there is a roof top bar called Sydney's which has a breathtaking view of the ocean and marina with flawless service. Some friends we met at the pool came up for a few drinks before we headed out and we all enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. This is also where you can have breakfast in the morning which ends at 11am. The breakfast is nice .. i think we paid 21,000 Lebanese pounds each. The location is good and a short taxi ride will get you to most places.. Sky Bar is a 15 min walk as are a few nice little bars in the high end shopping strip which house the best the world has to offer (if your into that). After 3 days of late night adventures we checked out of the hotel and got a taxi to the airport. Every person we made contact with at the intercontinental were fantastic and the service was second to none. I can recommend this hotel, I know the price is not cheap yet you do get what you pay from. The stay at this hotel and the service made our stay in Lebanon much better than our last visit .. thank you to Sara especially she is an amazing person!

Room Tip: Get the Ocean View!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

A boutique warm hotel, you feel the warmth of luxury as soon as walk into the entrance, wood, French style decor, typical Lebanese polite approach of the front desk staff “ Ziad and Chady” were at check in.
Rooms are clean very well kept and rich in amenities, MORE than 100 all HD TV channels, very fast trouble free internet you can especially in Lebanon. WOW
Fancy breakfast with breathtaking view of the sea on the 13th floor.
If any is seeking luxury, personalized efficient service… self pampering “Le Vendome Beirut” is certainly the best place to be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Walid K,

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with the hotel’s overall service and facilities. I was happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Sydney’s.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Vendome Beirut the next time you are in Lebanon!

Mr. Frederic Brohez
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Biggest advantage of this hotel it's perfect location, steps away from beautiful Corniche and with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea especially at sunset. Staff is very nice and friendly, always walking the extra mile and trying to fulfill all needs, rooms nice, clean and spacious. Clean and spacious bathroom. Annoying things will be lack of gym and pool. One has to walk to neighbor Phoenicia hotel some 400 meters, which is not anything you want to do specially if you want to get a quick bath in the morning or after day of work. Wireless connection is an issue and keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes. There is a lot of noise from the street all night long , so better ask for room on the upper floors as the beautiful views will not help if you can't sleep all night disturbed by always full of energy locals.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor to avoid all noise from the streets
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Frederic B, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Mr. Lilind,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay in Le Vendome Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments, regarding the staff, the facilities and the service.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and it was a pleasure having you again at your home in Beirut.

Mr. Frederic Brohez
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed here for business for three nights in May. The hotel is currently remodeling the first floor - adding a French restaurant. Either do to the renovations within or next to the hotel, we had numerous power outages in the morning (the generator picked up within about a minute). It really wasn't much of a bother, but I would have liked to have known this in advance when my reservation was confirmed. Rooms are small but well-appointed but a bit overloaded with stuff everywhere. It's hard to find a uncluttered surface for your own things. I had the complimentary laptop removed. Check-in took place in the room, but it took 30 minutes for my luggage to be brought up. At breakfast, I took a roll from the bread "display" by mistake and was informed that only the lower shelf of bread selection was actually available, the nice sesame-crusted rolls and loaves were just display. Eggs were excellent and the breakfast service was discreetly professional. It's odd to see the cranes move daringly close to the windows while you sip your tea, however. The "free" massage is only available from 6 to 8 pm, a time I was never in the hotel. I would probably stay here again once the renovations are completed as I prefer small hotels to large impersonal ones. Try to get a room facing the sea. The view from the back rooms is rather dismal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Yatrika,

It is our goal to consistently provide finer service and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests like you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Frederic Brohez
Hotel Manager

Been to Le Vendome Beirut? Share your experiences!