TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Le Vendome Beirut

Save Saved
You added Le Vendome Beirut to your Saves list
Le Vendome Beirut
5.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Ain Mreysseh | PO Box 13/5518, Beirut 5518, Lebanon   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #21 of 115 hotels in Beirut
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great hotel.
Very helpful staff.
We had a lovely room with a great view of the Mediterranean.
breakfasts were expansive with a lovely view.
Good location, right on the Corniche
Would definitely return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederic B, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Mr. Nigel B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us at Le Vendome Beirut.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time and that you were happy with the hotel’s overall service and facilities. I was happy that you enjoyed our view and breakfast buffet at Sydney’s.

On behalf of the Hotel, we look forward to welcome you again

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We booked the Intercontinental based on another friends booking without any research which was a little risky. The only other option was the Phoenicia Hotel (same price bracket) just down the road which is also worth a look from what our friends said.
On arrival to avoid having to barter with the dodgy Lebanon taxis we organised a hotel transfer which set us back around $60 USD yet I believe this is well worth it if you are not a local and want a quick exit from the airport. We were met at the transfer desk by a lovely girl by the name of Sarah who took us to a car park away from the crowded pick up drop off area of the airport & hopped into 7 series BMW. The trip took the 20min trip to the hotel and was nice and relaxing... chilling out time (start of the holiday). On arrival the hotel looks nice if not a little oldish from the outside yet inside foyer has beautiful chandelier and nice use of classic tiles and furniture.
We were taken to our room by Sarah all the while she gave us the information on the hotel and surrounding area. On entering the room it was a decent size, beautifully appointed with baroque chairs, super confirmable bed with the "city" view. The view is not the best as the city is a little under the weather if you know what I mean.
I mentioned to Sarah that the noise form the construction site was a little annoying and she mentioned if it was an issue she would move us. Sarah left and I had some of the amazing fruit/sweets/macaronis that was on a platter in our room. Some 5 minutes later we had a knock on the door and one of the staff had arrived with some rose water and served us a few drinks which was fantastic. We then left to pick up some tickets and just before leaving Sarah called to say she would move our room while we were out (she recalled us talking from the airport that we were picking up some tickets for the chili peppers playing that night). On returning to the hotel we had been moved to the Ocean View side of the hotel which was beautiful. We had a quick shower with the L`Occitane bath products (nice) and went to the hotel pool across the road called Le Plague (spelling may not be correct). We were told by multiple people this was the best pool bar in Beirut. It has a chilled vibe with hotel guests (free) and the public (pay a fee) to gain access. The service pool side is great and we never had to remind the staff of an order or request. The Dj plays fantastic beats and the ocean views are magic. We recovered at the pool after our nights out here both days from around 12-6pm (closing time) so I can highly recommend it as a must (not suitable for kids/families). Back to the hotel there is a roof top bar called Sydney's which has a breathtaking view of the ocean and marina with flawless service. Some friends we met at the pool came up for a few drinks before we headed out and we all enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. This is also where you can have breakfast in the morning which ends at 11am. The breakfast is nice .. i think we paid 21,000 Lebanese pounds each. The location is good and a short taxi ride will get you to most places.. Sky Bar is a 15 min walk as are a few nice little bars in the high end shopping strip which house the best the world has to offer (if your into that). After 3 days of late night adventures we checked out of the hotel and got a taxi to the airport. Every person we made contact with at the intercontinental were fantastic and the service was second to none. I can recommend this hotel, I know the price is not cheap yet you do get what you pay from. The stay at this hotel and the service made our stay in Lebanon much better than our last visit .. thank you to Sara especially she is an amazing person!

Room Tip: Get the Ocean View!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

A boutique warm hotel, you feel the warmth of luxury as soon as walk into the entrance, wood, French style decor, typical Lebanese polite approach of the front desk staff “ Ziad and Chady” were at check in.
Rooms are clean very well kept and rich in amenities, MORE than 100 all HD TV channels, very fast trouble free internet you can especially in Lebanon. WOW
Fancy breakfast with breathtaking view of the sea on the 13th floor.
If any is seeking luxury, personalized efficient service… self pampering “Le Vendome Beirut” is certainly the best place to be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Walid K,

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with the hotel’s overall service and facilities. I was happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Sydney’s.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Vendome Beirut the next time you are in Lebanon!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Biggest advantage of this hotel it's perfect location, steps away from beautiful Corniche and with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea especially at sunset. Staff is very nice and friendly, always walking the extra mile and trying to fulfill all needs, rooms nice, clean and spacious. Clean and spacious bathroom. Annoying things will be lack of gym and pool. One has to walk to neighbor Phoenicia hotel some 400 meters, which is not anything you want to do specially if you want to get a quick bath in the morning or after day of work. Wireless connection is an issue and keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes. There is a lot of noise from the street all night long , so better ask for room on the upper floors as the beautiful views will not help if you can't sleep all night disturbed by always full of energy locals.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor to avoid all noise from the streets
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Frederic B, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Mr. Lilind,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay in Le Vendome Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments, regarding the staff, the facilities and the service.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and it was a pleasure having you again at your home in Beirut.

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed here for business for three nights in May. The hotel is currently remodeling the first floor - adding a French restaurant. Either do to the renovations within or next to the hotel, we had numerous power outages in the morning (the generator picked up within about a minute). It really wasn't much of a bother, but I would have liked to have known this in advance when my reservation was confirmed. Rooms are small but well-appointed but a bit overloaded with stuff everywhere. It's hard to find a uncluttered surface for your own things. I had the complimentary laptop removed. Check-in took place in the room, but it took 30 minutes for my luggage to be brought up. At breakfast, I took a roll from the bread "display" by mistake and was informed that only the lower shelf of bread selection was actually available, the nice sesame-crusted rolls and loaves were just display. Eggs were excellent and the breakfast service was discreetly professional. It's odd to see the cranes move daringly close to the windows while you sip your tea, however. The "free" massage is only available from 6 to 8 pm, a time I was never in the hotel. I would probably stay here again once the renovations are completed as I prefer small hotels to large impersonal ones. Try to get a room facing the sea. The view from the back rooms is rather dismal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Yatrika,

It is our goal to consistently provide finer service and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests like you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I actually stayed here several times, last was in July 2011. All my stays were good so this review can account for all of them.. as I am impressed with hotel. I stayed both on reward and Paid nights here..

When I was coming to Beirut for first time, I was reading trip advisor reviews about this hotel and the sister hotel, Intercontinental Phoenicia. I was wondering where I should stay, as both seemed good. I am sure many travellers will be in the same situation, and therefore I will try to compare both. By the way, both properties are near each other, short walk which may not be that convenient given the driving standards in the city, or a taxi ride which is a better option.

How do you describe Vendome? As a taxi driver told me, it is like a home. He was accurate. Fewer rooms, more privacy and you feel like you are in your own nice appartment. Phoenicia , on the other hand , which is a also nice hotel, is a bigger property, with more visitors and you see much more people there and sometimes celebrities / VIPs. So it depends on what you prefer for the choice between these two hotels.

Let's focus on Vendome now. Staff are very nice and professional , you get the personalized level of service from check-in till you are dropped off to your room. I enjoyed the extra facilities provided and this was a big plus, such as Lebanese sweets and a bottle of Juice almost everyday. A free 15 minutes massage is also included but I did not get the time to go for it. Breakfast was excellent although I felt there was not that big selection of food. There is an OK seaview from the room. I remember that you are allowed to use the pool in Phoenicia if you are staying in Vendome..

This hotel is a really nice Property and I agree with another traveller who said you get addicted to it.. However, sometimes not everything is perfect and I would like to give a full picture about the hotel in my review.. not major points but just for the sake of completness: 1) You may feel this hotel is a bit old , specially from outside, and a little bit from the rooms. Not a big drawback but depends on the traveller. I heard it will be renovated in two years. 2) All my Royal Ambassador benefits were offered, however, sometimes the staff did not seem to be aware of Priority Club and what upgrade I should get.

Finally, let's talk about the location. You can walk from there to the long road on the Corniche and this will be pleasant specially in summer. To go to Monot, Gemmayze, Hamra and other tourist areas inside Beirut, a Taxi is recommended and you can easily reach in 10-20 minutes.

Yes, it's home away from home!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Frederic B, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Expertflyer,

Let me first thank you for choosing Le Vendome during your visit. I truly appreciate your comments, since this is the most efficient way for us to constantly improve our services. We are striving to monitor and improve our services and facilities we offer to all our guests.

We are always pleased to receive areas for development of such a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make Le Vendome Beirut a leader in excellence.

MC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We spent in this boutique hotel, very well situated with a marvellous view on the sea four nights, from January 5 to January 9, 2012. We were delighted : comfort, room, cleanliness, service, food are excellent. To give my impressions the best way, I am going to rate every department in this hotel :
Management : 10/10 : received a welcome letter written in French : very kind words.
Frédéric,the Manager came to see us in the restaurant to ask about our stay : very thoughtful.
Reception : 10/10 : Gaby, the Front Office manager is so patient, so kind and so helpful, we really felt at home, Sarah and Christelle, two young ladies at the reception are so pleasant and always ready to assist.
Room : very spacious, very nice furniture, very clean, very good amenities, perfect service .
Restaurant : excellent food, first-class service : 3 days 10/10 but one day : 7/10
Internet : 10/10 : free and quick.
Concierge : 10/10 : always available, quick service and very polite.
We will of course stay again in this small boutique hotel because apart from all the advantages offered to us and the qualities of the service etc...we appreciated a lot our daily sunny "promenades" along the sea.
Thanks to the Management and all the staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Boutondargent,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us at Le Vendome Beirut. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Le Vendome Hotel Beirut once again.

Hotel Manager

Been to Le Vendome Beirut? Share your experiences!