TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Home Away from Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Vendome Beirut

You added Le Vendome Beirut to your Saves list
Le Vendome Beirut
5.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Ain Mreysseh | PO Box 13/5518, Beirut 5518, Lebanon   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #18 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Home Away from Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I actually stayed here several times, last was in July 2011. All my stays were good so this review can account for all of them.. as I am impressed with hotel. I stayed both on reward and Paid nights here..

When I was coming to Beirut for first time, I was reading trip advisor reviews about this hotel and the sister hotel, Intercontinental Phoenicia. I was wondering where I should stay, as both seemed good. I am sure many travellers will be in the same situation, and therefore I will try to compare both. By the way, both properties are near each other, short walk which may not be that convenient given the driving standards in the city, or a taxi ride which is a better option.

How do you describe Vendome? As a taxi driver told me, it is like a home. He was accurate. Fewer rooms, more privacy and you feel like you are in your own nice appartment. Phoenicia , on the other hand , which is a also nice hotel, is a bigger property, with more visitors and you see much more people there and sometimes celebrities / VIPs. So it depends on what you prefer for the choice between these two hotels.

Let's focus on Vendome now. Staff are very nice and professional , you get the personalized level of service from check-in till you are dropped off to your room. I enjoyed the extra facilities provided and this was a big plus, such as Lebanese sweets and a bottle of Juice almost everyday. A free 15 minutes massage is also included but I did not get the time to go for it. Breakfast was excellent although I felt there was not that big selection of food. There is an OK seaview from the room. I remember that you are allowed to use the pool in Phoenicia if you are staying in Vendome..

This hotel is a really nice Property and I agree with another traveller who said you get addicted to it.. However, sometimes not everything is perfect and I would like to give a full picture about the hotel in my review.. not major points but just for the sake of completness: 1) You may feel this hotel is a bit old , specially from outside, and a little bit from the rooms. Not a big drawback but depends on the traveller. I heard it will be renovated in two years. 2) All my Royal Ambassador benefits were offered, however, sometimes the staff did not seem to be aware of Priority Club and what upgrade I should get.

Finally, let's talk about the location. You can walk from there to the long road on the Corniche and this will be pleasant specially in summer. To go to Monot, Gemmayze, Hamra and other tourist areas inside Beirut, a Taxi is recommended and you can easily reach in 10-20 minutes.

Yes, it's home away from home!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Frederic B, Hotel Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Expertflyer,

Let me first thank you for choosing Le Vendome during your visit. I truly appreciate your comments, since this is the most efficient way for us to constantly improve our services. We are striving to monitor and improve our services and facilities we offer to all our guests.

We are always pleased to receive areas for development of such a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make Le Vendome Beirut a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Frederic Brohez
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
MC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We spent in this boutique hotel, very well situated with a marvellous view on the sea four nights, from January 5 to January 9, 2012. We were delighted : comfort, room, cleanliness, service, food are excellent. To give my impressions the best way, I am going to rate every department in this hotel :
Management : 10/10 : received a welcome letter written in French : very kind words.
Frédéric,the Manager came to see us in the restaurant to ask about our stay : very thoughtful.
Reception : 10/10 : Gaby, the Front Office manager is so patient, so kind and so helpful, we really felt at home, Sarah and Christelle, two young ladies at the reception are so pleasant and always ready to assist.
Room : very spacious, very nice furniture, very clean, very good amenities, perfect service .
Restaurant : excellent food, first-class service : 3 days 10/10 but one day : 7/10
Internet : 10/10 : free and quick.
Concierge : 10/10 : always available, quick service and very polite.
We will of course stay again in this small boutique hotel because apart from all the advantages offered to us and the qualities of the service etc...we appreciated a lot our daily sunny "promenades" along the sea.
Thanks to the Management and all the staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Boutondargent,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us at Le Vendome Beirut. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Le Vendome Hotel Beirut once again.

London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for approximately 3 weeks over 2 trips in December 2011. Perfectly situated on the 'Corniche' lots of the city is within 30 mins walk if you fancy the exercise. Otherwise cabs are freely available and mostly around 8-10 USD per trip. The hotel rooms are spacious, clean, rigorously maintained and cleaned, and little treats such as pitchers of rosewater, fruit platters etc a nice addition. Staying in the executive rooms gives access to the 1st floor business lounge with a range of complimentary snacks and drinks as you go about your business during the day. The staff are courteous, attentive and will always try to assist. During my time they booked concert tickets for an extremely popular artist, arranged cabs and minivans for a couple of 'tourist' days and were able to offer excellent advice on tourist destinations and restaurants/shops etc. I have been to Beirut on 10 ooccassions over the past 18 months on business and now would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the sea. With patio doors open the traffic noise can be intrusive but the air...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. LondonUKPhil,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay in Le Vendome Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments, regarding the staff, the facilities and the service.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and it was a pleasure having you again at your home in Beirut.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Vendome Beirut the next time you are in Lebanon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Even the purpose of my stay was for business thanks to the excellent service and extraordinary ambience in the hotel my stay become a real pleasure.
Thanks a lot to the entire team for this unforgetable experince. Looking forward to see you soon.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Mr. Yorganci,

Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Amazing boutique hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly and somehow have all the guests names memorized. It was my friends' birthday and the staff wished her a happy birthday in the morning and gifted her a complimentary cake in the afternoon which was incredibly generous and thoughtful. Check-in and check-out were quick and smooth and the complimentary sweets and free wifi is great. The room was incredible and the complimentary sweets and free wifi service are great. The rooftop restaurant (Sydney's as i recall) is so beautiful and elegant (and has an amazing view especially at night)and all the employees are fluent in arabic, french and english. The food was also outstanding (I had the loup-de-mer and the next night the burger- more like a gourmet burger) and there's a great wine selection. Although there's construction nearby this isn't much of a nuisance as the windows are glass doors are thick and double-glazed. You only hear the noise when u walk out of the hotel during working hours but then again Beirut is already a very noisy city no matter where you are. Would definitely stay in Vendome again. Wish i could eat there everyday.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Mrs. Nour S,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay in Le Vendome Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with the hotel’s overall service and facilities. I was happy that you enjoyed our roof top restaurant Sydney's.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Beirut!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Fantastic hospitality at this high priced hotel but a far better option than the other Intercontinental around the corner.

This was a return visit for me after 6 years and the staff were most welcoming. Breakfasts are very well set out and the maitre d very attentive.

Internet is free too, why can't all Intercons maintain this standard.

No other choice for me in Beirut.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Sharkyuae,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Le Vendome Beirut,
I was happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities and specially our high speed Wi-Fi Internet connection.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

you can just go to the top floor and have a coffee or dinner if you are not staying there. beautiful hotel with excellent staff and view. i would go there again. perfect :))

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Canertekin,

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Le Vendome Hotel Beirut once again.

Hotel Manager

Been to Le Vendome Beirut? Share your experiences!