TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
uk
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nice tidy hotel, perfect for a short business stay. Good rates in a safe area.... with nearby starbucks, shops and a few good places to eat within walking distance, including a great sushi restaurant in the hotel.

The staff are really friendly, welcoming and accomodating and always seem happy to help.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear oneworldtraveller1,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes hotel and for taking the time to share with us your opinion concerning our hotel and staff.

It is a great pleasure knowing that you found our hotel to be tidy and that it was perfect choice for your stay in Beirut.
The value relative to the price paid is very important for us and we are glad that it was up to your expectations.

The Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes management is glad having such great team members who are enthusiastic about work so they can meet all your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes.

In the mean time, stay connected with us on daily basis trough twitter@HIBeirutDunes and trough our Facebook page: fb.me/HolidayInnBeirutDunes

Jamil Bakhos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel as it was the same location of the wedding that brought me to Beirut. It's attached to a shopping center and near many business locations. As I do, a short bullet list will give you the gist and more description will follow:

Short List:
-Very charming and welcoming customer service.
-Quiet at night
-Technical difficulties due to power outages (they might need a better generator or transfer switch).
-DISCLAIMER: I didn't complain enough (I have no doubt they would have fixed my problems if I spoke up)
-Windows that open to let in fresh air (That's really nice!)
-I expected a bit more for the price I paid

Details:
Arriving at the hotel (the lobby of which looks like a storefront in a shopping centre), I was greeted with warmth and recognition. They had retained all of my details of my reservation (made through their corporate website) and all went smoothly. Any further encounter with the staff of the hotel, concierge, laundry, housekeeping and room service, were of the same vein. Everyone treated me as a family guest rather than a customer. I don't know if it's a Lebanon thing but each staff member I encountered took a bit of time to relate as a person. I frequently felt as if I was staying with friends or family rather than a hotel.

I heard that, in order to sleep in Beirut, one needs to bring earplugs. I left in a hurry and neglected to bring mine (I usually travel with them). As it turns out, I didn't need them very much. I spent much of my time out and about until the wee hours of the morning, frequently going to bed at 4 or 5 am (I'll be working night shifts when I get home from this trip so this is "part of the plan"). Even so, I was not awakened by noises inside or outside the hotel. I slept very well. For a hotel, that means a lot.

Sections of Beirut often lose power. This happened several times during my stay (& about 8 times during the wedding I attended) and the power to my room would go out for a bit. This wasn't a problem in itself except that when the power came back ON, the television, which faces the bed, would come on completely, as if I had turned it on myself.

I don't watch television and to be woken up after only 2-3 hours of sleep by a bright shining and blaring television is not at all pleasant. Furthermore, no matter what I set my thermostat to, it would blow arctic air out of the vent. I could set the thermo to 27C and a few hours later I'd be chattering my teeth and the room would read at 16C. I guessed that it was a consequence of all the power spikes that happen every day.

Now, let me explain my DISCLAIMER: I didn't contact the front desk or anyone about these problems. Honestly, for me, they were not enough of a nuisance to invest the time to get them fixed. the weather was mild enough to allow me to shut off the AC from time to time and, as a shift worker in emergency response for 20 years, I'm used to having my sleep interrupted. However, based on my interactions with the rest of the staff, I felt they would have sorted my problems out right away. In fact, on my first night, I couldn't turn OFF the television. I called the desk and a technician was at my door in less than 5 minutes.

I love fresh air. It was often lovely to open my room window and get a fresh breeze and hear the waves crashing in the distance. Hermetically sealed hotels always give me the creeps.

I booked this hotel without really shopping around. I chose it because: 1. It was where the wedding was held, 2. I was a rewards cardholder and 3. I was too busy/lazy/preoccupied to do any research. Though I'm not completely dissatisfied overall, my friends who came for the same wedding got similar experiences at other hotels for much less money. Thinking back to my stays in other countries at other Holiday Inns, I've paid a bit less in more expensive countries for the same hotel.

Final Recommendation:
This is a fine hotel with a couple good restaurants and a LOVELY bar/lounge. It's also in a part of Beirut that is relatively quiet, even on the weekends. It's a bit on the pricey end of the price vs. value scale for a solo or vacation traveler but the hospitality and service I found here makes all the difference.

Room Tip: A non-smoking room really is a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Michael C,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for you recent stay at the Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes hotel and for taking the time to post this review and share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Congratulations to the couple who got married and we sincerely hope it was a great wedding.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed a good night sleep, though, we apologize for the inconvenience that took place with lose of power and the thermostat. We would have wanted for you to contact us in order to fix these problems to make it a more pleasant stay for you in our hotel.

It is a great pleasure knowing that you enjoyed the Escapade restaurant and the VIP Lounge in our property.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes.

Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My client reserved the Holiday Inn Dunes for me during a business trip this week and found the hotel to be comfortable, centrally located and clean. Staff were very helpfull too. The fact that there is a shopping centre within the hotel area is also very convenient. No hesitation to recommend this hotel for anybody travelling on business or for a holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Caroline M,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes and for taking the time to share with us your opinion concerning our hotel and staff.

It is nice to read your recommendation of the hotel, we are very pleased to know that you found our hotel to be comfortable and very well located.

It is a great pleasure knowing that our staff was able to respond to your needs during your stay and we thank you once again for recommending our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to beirut on business trip and had the booking made by my company. The hotel looked very well maintained, clean and fresh. Its proximity to a lot of venues in Beirut made it easy. My room was spacious and have an iron board and iron for last minute use. The hotel has a cinema and shops in the lower floors and a very nice cafe on the ground floor overlooking the main road.
The breakfast is fantastic and all what is needed is available, continental, arabic, manakish and the live station of eggs is very tasty.
The staff is very helpful and accommodating and after the first time, i was called by my name.
The internet is fantastic and the speed is good for normal use.
I will definitely come back and stay in this hotel and i recmmend it to every one to stay there

Stayed October 2012
Dear AlfredM82,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes and for sharing the 5 star rating comment you made about our hotel and staff.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found all the facilities and services to be up to the standards and expectations. We strive our best into achieving a high level of satisfaction for all our guests.

We appreciate your highly ranked review, please note that it has been communicated to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

it's wonderful hotel really .... one of the best hotels in Beirut .. this is my 12 visit to Lebanon.... Holiday Inn Dunes astonish you with their service .. they have great team , they are very friendly you feel they are very happy all the time .... the hotel doesn't include a lot restaurants but since it is inside a mall you can find everything and a lot of coffee shops and restaurants and Verdun street as well is a great place close to all other known areas in Lebanon and you can walk to Rawsheh and Hamra and Unesco ... it amazing place ... you have to visit it

Room Tip: The rooms facing street is very big and convenient
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Chris S,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes and for the 5 star rating comment you made about our hotel and staff.

It is great knowing that you are satisfied with our services and that the location of the hotel is suitable for your journey.

The hotel includes the Escapade restaurant which offers modern International cuisine where a wide-ranging selection of "à la carte" dishes is served on daily basis and the VIP Lounge, perfect for your casual evenings.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Never stayed at a Holiday Inn but Was upgraded to a business room on arrival which is always nice. The room was really nice with a comfortable bed, large flat screen tv and a really effective but quiet A/C. The bathroom is compact but still comfortable and has Azzore bath amenities which is a nice touch. Quiet room so had a very good sleep. Not the most exciting location but a few nice restaurants nearby not to mention a really nice cafe down the road which has excellent and good atmosphere. Bar was closed during my stay but there is nice bar just outside the hotel. Breakfast was good as was lunch. In all a very good hotel for a business trip.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rolfbusk,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes and for taking the time to share your kind comments about our hotel.

It is great knowing that you were satisfied with the room to which you were upgraded and that you liked the facilities present in your room.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the Escapade restaurant.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days whilst on a business trip to Beirut, the staff are very friendly and welcoming and the rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel itself is within close proximity from downtown (10 minute taxi ride) and there is a coffee shop underneath.

Room Tip: Go for an Executive room, they are much bigger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JamilBakhos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear OmarR,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes!

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Beirut-Dunes and for the kind comment you made about our hotel and staff.

We are very pleased to know that you liked our spacious rooms and that the hotel’s location was suitable for your journey and your requirements.

Jamil Bakhos

Been to Holiday Inn Beirut Dunes? Share your experiences!