TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Thumbs up!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Beirut

You added Four Seasons Hotel Beirut to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1418 Professor Wafic Sinno Avenue | Minet El Hosn, Beirut 2020 4107, Lebanon   |
Ranked #7 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
“Thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the first time in this hotel for a week to enjoy my Lebanon trip. Beside the beautiful city, location and the amenities of the hotel I really have to praise the staff. Everyone was cheerful and very helpful. The service was extremly prompt whatever I needed. This is what I'd call excellence in service. Guys, you are doing a great job and you really should come over to Europe to teach the staff there in terms of service and attitude. Thumbs up!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Richard D,

I would like to express my gratitude, thanking you for posting such a pleasant review on Trip Advisor.

I highly appreciate you praising the hotel staff, and on their behalf, I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut for another great experience!

Stefan Simkovics,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is only the second time we have stayed in a Four Seasons but it will definitely not be the last. Cutting to the chase here are some reasons I would recommend anyone to stay at The Four Seasons Beirut.
1. The Location. The hotel is only about 15 minutes from the airport, situated overlooking the marina and the Mediterranean Sea with the snow capped mountains in the background. There is some landfill activity still going on in front of the hotel but that didn't bother us. Zaitunay Bay with lots of cafes and restaurants, is across the road if you want to eat outside the hotel. There is also a board walk for a gentle stroll or a large flat open area if you fancy a run. It's great to people watch too! Beirut Souks and other shopping areas & many eateries are within 5 minutes easy walking distance. Also opposite the hotel is a bike hire facility if you fancy site seeing by bike.
2. The Hotel. From the outside it is a large, sleek, high rise building and the minute you walk into the hotel it has a very welcoming, classy feel. Although quite grand on a small scale compared to many hotels, it is not garish or overstated. We loved the hues of cream and gold with black accents that run throughout the hotel, it felt very calm and peaceful. We also liked the background music that was played througout the hotel, no atrocious, synthetic elevator music thank goodness. We were upgraded to a Premier Sea View room and that too did not disappoint. The same ambience prevailed with a bright airy feel, comfortable bed & great power shower. There was plenty of wardrobe space but disappointingly there was no tea or coffee making facilities.
3. The Spa. My husband had a Spa treatment and he said it was amazing so thumbs up there too.
4. The gym. Beautiful sea view and well equipped with modern machines, free weights and various pieces of equipment. Step, swiss ball, mats etc. Certainly enough for a decent workout. Towels, cold water and fruit were provided, also there were some very welcome, cold, wet face towels. A thoughtful touch.
5. The restaurants. We ate in the Grill Room and The Bar. Both we would hightly recommend. The steak was particularly tender and perfectly cooked. The vegetables were fresh, varied and not soggy. The atmosphere in the airy Grill Room was what you would expect of a fine dining restaurant. We loved the living fire in the bar and the feeling that we were sitting in a large cozy country house! Breakfast was a continental style buffet with an a la carte opton. This too was very enjoyable. Sadly, the rooftop pool was closed during our stay so we will have to comment on that next time!
6. Last word on hotel. My husband and I both agree that the jewel in the Four Seasons crown is their staff. We can not praise them enough. To an individual, everyone was cheerful, helpful, efficient and professional. The service was discrete, prompt and personal. We particularly liked that most staff addressed us by name even though we only stayed at the hotel for four nights.
7. Beirut. Finally, I would like to add that Beirut is worth a visit. Quite a few of our friends said not to bother but we are glad we did and we will be going back. The city has a European vibe about it and all the people we came across were very friendly. We also noticed how clean the city is. Despite security warnings, we felt safe walking around during the day but obviously one needs to be sensible as with any big city.

Room Tip: I think it is well worth paying extra for a sea view room. Also as there is a main road in front of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Millyomuk,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed post following your stay with us. I highly appreciate your feedback and your comments on every aspect of your stay.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, and would like to inform you that we are in the process of installing coffee and tea making facilities.

I and the Four Seasons Beirut team are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the lovely city, Beirut, very soon!

DC, Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

In Beirut the Four Seasons has a prime location in a beautiful building. The staff is very friendly, the hotel and rooms are beautifully decorated, the restaurant is delicious with a great view over Zaytouni Bay. Definitely looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a Sea View
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Baci2003,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for considering Four Seasons Beirut as your hotel for your next visit.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with the decoration of your room, the delicious food in our restaurant and all the friendly staff you encountered throughout your stay.

Again thank you and we will be looking forward for your next visit.

Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Only good words for the excellence of service, location, interiors. You are at the most spectacular place in Beirut, walking distance to everywhere. Spa is nice, swimming pool brings you at the top of the city, fantastic rooms. Please mind that breakfast is not included in price, this was a bit strange to us, also taxi drivers cooperating with the hotel, at our opinion were not local. So to have a fast and a cheap ride need to walk 50 m away from the hotel, then get a local taxi. We had a very nice experience and probably will go there again soon. Shops are right next to it and the best music hall is also nearby, do not miss it..

Room Tip: Sea view rooms will give panorama of the port and marina,
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear ElenaMarchenko,

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with our service, location and interiors.
We are also delighted that you have enjoyed our spa and our swimming pool.

I was, however, very sorry to learn of your disappointment with taxi drivers, which I will personally discuss internally to make sure it doesn’t happen in the future, in addition to your concern about the breakfast not being included in the rate.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Beirut!

Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is situated in a lovely location overlooking the sea and close to Solidere & the shopping area....
The rooms are extremely confortable, fantastic bathroom and lovely amenities !!
The view from the roof is stunning.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the service is great.
The food is very good as well !!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear isabellalucci,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Four Seasons Hotel Beirut on Trip Advisor.
It was a pleasure to read such a positive review and happy to hear you enjoyed our location, we hope that you had enough time for shopping.

I am delighted to note that you complementing the rooms, our staff and out food!

I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut in the near future.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons for a couple of nights at their Residential Suite. The view was excellent, the room was beautiful; however, the service was at par with the rest of the 5 star hotels. While the service in itself was great, I did not feel that it lived up to its reputation. The staff were friendly and the food was good nevertheless. The Bar is incredible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Ahmedng,

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with your sea view suite and all the staff you encountered throughout your stay.

I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities specially the Bar!

Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This terrific hotel is centrally located with exceptional customer service, comfortable rooms and a fantastic spa. Although I am a resident in Beirut, my partner and I regularly stay at this hotel to enjoy the luxurious experience it offers. This remains one of the top hotels I have ever stayed in, with quality staff that know how to take care of their guests and exquisite restaurant outlets. Through personal experience, I believe no other hotel in this city comes even close to the Four Seasons Beirut and I highly recommend this hotel to both travelers and locals. I can't wait to be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Maya N,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor on our property.
We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and staff.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our facilities especially the spa, the comfort of your room and our restaurant.

I am sure our staff will be delighted to hear that they have impressed you with their quality of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. And again thank you for sharing your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut on TripAdvisor.

Stefan Simkovics,

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut? Share your experiences!