TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Four Seasons Hotel Beirut

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Beirut to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1418 Professor Wafic Sinno Avenue | Minet El Hosn, Beirut 2020 4107, Lebanon   |
Ranked #11 of 114 hotels in Beirut
ankara
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is the building that stands in the new Beirut's silhouette. Thus you can find your hotel easily in the city. Location is great, just by the marina. So the view is perfect, both the sea view and city view. Hotel is pretty new. Lobby is small but they have a window of daily croissants which is mouth watering! Staff was very polite, they all have fluent English and they lead you perfectly. All the reservations and restaurant suggestions were just what we needed. Rooms are clean, and balconies are extremely large. Enjoying the evening breeze of Beirut is a must. Toilette has bidé if you care like most of the 5 star hotels in Beirut. They never forgot the complementary water. And when we wanted a crib they brought us a set of baby shampoo, cream, powder, diapers and even a diaper dispenser. The only bad thing was the air condition in the common areas. Really freezing. Bed was very comfortable and great lounge in the roof. And it is not this expensive. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: City view has more to watch I think.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Cemelda,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for considering Four Seasons Beirut the perfect hotel to visit when coming to Beirut.

I greatly appreciate detailing your experience and am pleased to note that you enjoyed our food, the view and location, the room’s cleanliness, the professionalism of our staff, and the service as a whole in the rooms and our outlets.

We thank you for recommending our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed over 2 nights back in August, the hotel is almost new the rooms are good clean , the service is fine , but not feeling like a real 4S, something is missing in this hotel. The location is perfect had a corner room, great view. Food is acceptable but not so great.

Room Tip: Corner Room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Elisabeth D,

I would like to express my gratitude to you for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Beirut for your stay in the city, and for complementing our location, rooms and service.

I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed, or in which we did not get you right in.

I have noted your comment regarding the food, and would highly appreciate if you get back to my personal message or contact me directly for more feedback on your stay.

At your leisure, please call the hotel at 961 1 761 000 and ask for me directly.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I visited recently the roof top bar (called the Roof, haha) at the Four Seasons in Beirut. I most say the view is spectacular. The ambiance was all right, nothing exciting, as it was surprisingly empty for a Friday night (in all fairness, it is the end of the summer).
The music was a bit weird, some sounds were fun, but other just depressing.
Overall the experience was positive, and I would recommend it if you want a low key night, maybe a date in a beautiful environment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mariaortiz,

I would like to thank you for the time you took to post your feedback following your experience at The Roof.

We are very glad to know you found it spectacular, and we have taken note on your feedback concerning the live DJ music that plays at The Roof.

It is great to know that you will be back, and we hope next time your experience will be even more exciting.

We look forward to welcome you back to Beirut in the near future.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Four Seasons for a week 10/1- 10/7 and had a fabulous experience. I had a minor leak in my shower and upon reporting it to the front desk I was immediately moved to a suite with profuse apologies from management. I've traveled quite a bit and the service I received from EVERYBODY associated with the hotel is top-notch.

I want to thank the Four Seasons for making my trip to Beirut unforgettable!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Mazarino,

I would like to take this opportunity to really thank you for such generous words you shared with everyone of Tripadvisor, complimenting our hotel and the city.

We are very happy to know that you and your friends had an unforgettable week with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, and we look forward to welcome you back again for greater experiences!

Stefan Simkovics
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for four nights in August, in a standard courtyard view room. Paid about $500/night including breakfast.

Had a great time here, and would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room
The rooms aren't massive, especially considering it's a new build property. But they're not overly small either, and they have the benefit of a balcony. Fixtures and fittings all fine. The bathroom was well equipped, with separate bathtub and shower. L'Occitane toiletries.

Comfy bed, reasonable amount of storage space (though wardrobe seemed a little mean, size wise).

Our "courtyard view" room actually looked onto a residential development set behind the hotel. There's a lot of construction work around the hotel - new boutiques, apartment blocks and other hotels in the pipeline.

I saw some of the other reviews which mentioned some issues, but we didn't experience anything negative. Check in was fine, and all the reception staff I dealt with were polite and well spoken. We spent a lot of time by the pool - which was pretty quiet for most of our stay, and so we enjoyed some very attentive service. I suppose the only thing to mention is that when you check out, check your bill - reception tried to charge us for breakfast even though it was included in our room rate, so a little sloppy there.

Ate breakfast in the grill room on all 4 days - which again, was pretty quiet (nearly deserted) while we were there. Great buffet spread and food cooked to order. Also ate by the pool a couple of times - pretty reasonable prices for things like club sandwiches, caesar salads etc. Very nice lemonade with mint.

If you like people-watching, the lobby is quite a good place for a drink. Clearly, the hotel is making most of its money these days through weddings and events - we spotted three weddings in as many evenings, and rather enjoyed watching the comings and goings of well-to-do Lebanese wedding guests in the lobby.

Pool
The rooftop pool is small, so I guess when the hotel is busy, it's probably not so great, but while we were there, it was pretty empty - bliss. Very relaxing, quiet, great views of Beirut - just lovely.

Gym
Standard hotel gym - i.e. a few treadmills and some cardio equipment, but not much in the way of free weights. The only notable thing was the cable station, which you coujld use for a full workout, I guess. But don't expect too much otherwise!

Other
I thought I'd heard something about a change in smoking rules and regulations in Beirut, but while we were there, everyone smoked everywhere. The receptionist summed it up pretty well when he said "the smoking laws in Beirut are...you can smoke". The smell of smoke hits you in pretty much every restaurant, and even as you step into the hotel lobby. If you're a non-smoker like me, it's upsetting, but I don't know what you can do, as everywhere in Beirut seems to be a smoking zone.

What else? The hotel is just over the road from the Zaitunay Bay development (sp?) - some OK if pricey restaurants there. We found the Beirut Souks development 10 minutes away a bit more fun - if a little artificial.

So to sum up - comfortable hotel, ok location - and all the time we felt pretty safe and secure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear EuroLondon,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

We are very happy to know that you had a great time with us. Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor, and complimenting our service and staff.

I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience you faced during your check out with the reception, concerning the breakfast charges. We would like to inform you that this is being investigated internally to determine the reasons why the breakfast had been added to the system.

I would like to inform you that we have strictly reinforced the non-smoking law as of September the 3rd, in respect to the tobacco law that was issued on the 22nd of August.

We assure you that the next time you visit the country; you will definitely see the changes.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to this lovely city in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a very nice and brand new hotel.
The rooms are very nice, roomy and with very comfortable beds....i slept amazingly well.
The spa is very good although quite pricey compared to beirut prices for spas.
The pool is excellent, and it's for the hotel guests only so it doesn't get crowded. Service at the pool is excellent too, you have free bottled water all day long as well as fruit shots every hour or so.
Their restaurant the grill room serves the best steaks in the country.
In general all the staff is friendly and helpful...except at reception! Disaster, very unprofessional and snooty. Plus they don't take in consideration any of your requests, or they simply are absent minded and don't register what you say.
I had asked for a late check-out that they approved, but the next day when i came back to my room from the pool, it was locked because they had deactivated my key! Quite annoying when you're all wet and standing in the hallway for 10 minutes.
Also they had been advised twice not to take payment from me ( i had been invited for my birthday) but from my mother. When my mother checked-out before me they simply refused to let her pay, god knows why...and then wanted me to settle the bill.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear dflawless1,

I highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guests' feedbacks offer us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

I am delighted to note that you’ve enjoyed the roof top pool and the hourly amenities we offer.

I have noted your comments regarding the pricey services at our Spa and the "unprofessional" service you experienced at the reception. I can understand your disappointment for standing in the hallway all wet waiting for your key. Rest assured that my team will look into the matter and corrective actions will be taken in order to avoid such shortcomings to occur again in the future.

I would like to thank you for your review of The Grill Room as well and was happy to read that you’ve loved the steak "the best in the country" as you said.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Pully, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Service is personalized and attentive - they make you feel like a queen. The sea view rooms have a stunning view. It's a fairly new hotel though and there are small things they can improve on. But I really enjoyed the stay there. Location is superb, right on water and near the downtown for shopping (but beware the prices) and sightseeing.

Room Tip: Sea view if you can afford it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Ms. GraceMadrid,

I would like to thank you for the time you gave to share your experience following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

It is a pleasure to know that you had a good experience at our property and that you felt like a queen.

Thank you for complementing the service, the location and the stunning view.

I have noted your comments regarding the small thingsthat we can improve, and will share this with the management internally.

On behalf of the whole team at Four Seasons Beirut, I look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in Beirut!

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut? Share your experiences!