TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Four Seasons Hotel Beirut

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Beirut to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1418 Professor Wafic Sinno Avenue | Minet El Hosn, Beirut 2020 4107, Lebanon   |
Ranked #10 of 113 hotels in Beirut
Denver
“A true 5 star experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

From the moment we arrived to the time we departed, the staff was exceptionally interested in providing the highest level of service. We had a car waiting at the airport (which is highly recommended in Beirut) and when we arrived, we were personally greeted at the door and escorted to our room. The concierge handled check-in for us.

Our room was quite large with a balcony overlooking the Mediterranean sea. As a new hotel, the room appointments were top-of-the-line. Internet and fruit were always available. Room service was quick and accurate. You could not ask for more.

The lounge and restaurant were exceptional and the service was very concerned with all aspects of our meal being superior.

The hotel is located very close to the center of town but at the same time was near the Mediterranean sea. We were in walking distance to a very high scale mall near the city center.

All-in-all, a truly exceptional hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Mediterranean sea
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Fubar123,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor from your most recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut.

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here the week of 11/1/11... this hotel is very deserving of its 5 Star rating.

The staff was extremely attentive and did a great job of remembering my name, even people I was seeing for the first time. They must tip each off when a guest comes by.

We had a standard room with king bed. Very nice... balcony overlooking the city. Bathroom offered tub and shower with small toilet room.

Used the fitness center often. It was small, but nice. The mens locker was outstanding! Again, small, but it had a great steam room.

The only complaint I have is that the staff was very stingy with their upgrades and water views, even when the hotel seemed slow.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Jacksonvillerry,

I highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and of your valuable statement of our 5star service on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to note that you’ve enjoyed the hotel, your room, The Spa and sincerely appreciate you complementing our staff's personalized service.

I have noted your comments regarding the staff’s approach when asked for upgrades or rooms of different view. I will discuss it in person with our Front Office manager to make sure this is not repeated in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

the hotel was really excellent, i enjoyed my stay there, you simply get what you pay for .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Abdullah M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel. I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

From the moment we arrived and were checked in at our suite which looked out over the Med we knew we were in the right spot. The Hotel is magnificent, the suite was large and very well arranged with all one might need. The rooftop pool is spectacular with a view out across the marina and on to the sea. The staff can not do enough to make your stay memorable. This is truly a 6 star hotel and one you must add to your bucket list.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room with a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear CooNewJersey,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I sincerely appreciate you complementing our staff and the view you enjoyed from your suite and the rooftop pool. Have to say you’ve taken a really nice shot of the pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Honestly - an amazing hotel. Great service, amenities, location and hotel condition.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking ocean are great.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Jtravs,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments, in particular regarding the service and overall hotel experience. We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to us in the near future.

nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 10 nights and we loved every minute of it. We actually didn’t want to sightsee in Lebanon but stay at the hotel’s amazing pool. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a beautiful master suite. It faced north with clear views of downtown Beirut, the sea and the mountains.

The staff is unbelievable in the service they provide. From greeting you to pressing the elevator buttons the staff is nonstop. We were greeted with warm and sincere smiles by all as we entered the hotel, the restaurant and the pool. Our room was clean and spotless. The staff periodically changed the fresh fruit basket presented as an arrival gift. The water provided daily was plentiful, they give you bottles in the room and when you visit the pool (more on that later).

When you ask for a wakeup call, they ask you if they should send you complimentary coffee or tea right after the call. The wakeup call and door bell are timed perfectly; every morning we enjoyed coffee; on one of two terraces, prior to showering and heading down for breakfast. Breakfast staff is amazing (menu was boring after 10 days) and food was good. You are provided with Middle Eastern plates of cheese, lebni (sour cream) and an assortment of fresh vegetables along with your choice main course.

The pool is located on the 27th floor (top floor) of the hotel and it becomes a lounge/ bar after 6pm. Upon arrival to the pool level you are greeted and escorted to your choice chair which is already covered with a towel, a second towel is provided immediately for your head and later for your body. A mint/ rose flavored face towel is given to wipe down the dally grind off your face. The staff right away pours you water in ice filled glasses. A few minutes later you are provided with fresh fruits, every 30-40 minutes another “goody” is handed out; like gelato or kebab fruit sticks. My wife loved how the staff sprayed her face with cooling and freshening sprays every 30 minutes or so. There are plenty of newspapers and magazines for your enjoyment along with several sun tan lotions at the bar. Private cabanas are available but they are always in the shade. It’s like being in a heavenly spa above Beirut and enjoying the amazing views. Like I said earlier, we didn’t want to leave the pool area. You can also enjoy lunch which is served at the tables along the pool side.

We had our local friends over for drinks at night and once again Four Season Beirut top any lounge/ bar in Beirut. Yes the music may not be the best; however the views and atmosphere are amazing. The pool has fire burning out of it; colorful lights are bouncing off the top of the building and great staff is serving you drinks in cabanas, private sofa lounges or along high tables. Reservation is required even for hotel guests since the hotel limits the space to only 150 people.

We have previously stayed in other places in Beirut howevert our only choice upon our return trip to Beirut will be the Four Seasons!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear nycman17,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and for taking the time to post a wonderful review on Trip Advisor of your recent stay.

I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I genuinely value detailing your experience during your 10 days stay with us, and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities. I liked the photo album posted and the pictures taken from your suite and the roof of Beirut.

Once again, thank you for choosing Four Seasons as your home in Beirut. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in the very near future.

Köln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had the pleasure to stay in this wonderful hotel for a short week for business reasons. This is the 4th hotel I am staying in Beirut and definitely by first choice. The location is great (walking distance to town) and the staff is simply outstanding. Besides their professionalism and way to make their guests really welcome, they find the right line between great service, being friendly and not being "too much", simply classy. This is for me, a woman traveling for business on my own to a lot of places, very important. The rooms are very nice, big and clean (I always would ask for sea view and highs lever because there is still a lot of construction noise in Beirut going on everywhere at lower floors), loved the L'Occitaine products in the bathroom. Breakfast is just great made me eat too much!! I just missed some more variety of this great Lebanese specialties on the in room dining. The Restaurant food quality wasn't my cup of tea at later hours. But the HIGHLIGHT is the roof top Pool & Bar & Lounge with this incredible look over Beirut with an incredible staff. On day time it is a great place to relax or to work (wireless works perfect up there) and to enjoy fresh smoothies. My staff and I literally worked from their all day. The only drag for me was the music which was like lounge chill out music, repeating every day. Being a music fan I realized that some places in the middle east like to play this terrible music. I understand that this should be relaxing music.. but there is so much great music around the world performed by human beings.... and not loops....also for chill out...what about Michel Buble, Matt Bianco, Jamie Cullum, Norah Jones, Shade, Bebel Gilberto? Why is a high class hotel going so mainstream instead of having class also in music (pls excuse my excursion!!)? In the night time the ROOFTOP BAR turns into one of the hottest spaces in town with a DJ (music increasing and at least some great R& B and Disco from the 80's). You will see the dressed up beauties of the city enjoying food and drinks. The gym & sauna are very fine, clean and you will taken care of so well. Internet working everywhere there. I will definitely come back and give my "thumbs up".

Room Tip: I would choose rooms at highest level to avoid noise from the construction all over Beirut. As highe...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Catniched,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience across all hotel outlets and facilities and in particular the service and attentiveness of our employees.

I am happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the comfort of your room and have favored our L’Occitane products. It’s wonderful that you were able to enjoy Beirut by day & night from our roof top. I have noted your comments regarding the pool’s music selection. I can assure you that I will personally discuss it with our Director of F&B and see how we could further enhance it. At your leisure, please do send us your contact details or call the hotel at 961 1 761 000 and ask for me directly, as I’d love to know more of your input on our restaurant and in-room dinning food selection.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stefan Simkovics

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut? Share your experiences!