TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Exceptional in every respect. Without a doubt, one of the best hotels in the Middle East!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Gray Beirut

You added Le Gray Beirut to your Saves list
Le Gray Beirut
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Martyrs' Square | Central Beirut District, Beirut 1107, Lebanon   |
Ranked #8 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been mentioned in nearly all of the other "Excellent" comments of this hotel?

In summary, the hotel design is modern, funky and chic. Rooms are large, filled with every mod-con one could ever ask for and the restaurants, rooftop pool are all fantastic. The Le Gray property is quite simply, exceptional; and I don't think I need to elaborate on what nearly everyone else has already stated.

The flawless service is without a doubt the stand-out feature of the Le Gray, Beirut experience. The concierge staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and would do absolutely anything to ensure you enjoyed your stay, not only at the hotel but in the city of Beirut. From booking fantastic tour guides (Christelle was brilliant - highly recommend booking tours with her!), to making club & restaurant reservations, to providing some sought after local knowledge. Really and truly, the concierge service at this hotel is second to none. The staff weren't just "doing their jobs"; to me they were more like city ambassadors and you could tell they loved Beirut so much that they wanted us to share their love for the city with them. They were literally upset when we hadn't discovered parts of Beirut that they were proud of and passionately encouraged us to explore their city while frantically scribbling on the city maps! I love these guys - I wish every 5* hotel in the world should adopt the service ethos and mentality from Le Gray, Beirut!

I would like to pay particular mention to Lisa on the concierge desk - Lisa, Le Gray, Beirut are VERY lucky to have someone like you in their employ and I sincerely hope they recognise that. You are a gem :)

Thanks guys for one of the most memorable hotel stays in my life!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear John P,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your wonderful feedback of Le Gray on trip advisor.

I cannot tell you how much it means to me and everyone on the team that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay in Beirut.
I am mostly amazed by the way you have described the service rendered to you by our staff; it is very rewarding to read positive comments like yours, and it is this type of feedback that gives us the motivation to keep up the high standards we strive to maintain every day at Le Gray.

Thank you once again from myself and the team, especially Lisa.

We all look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

Rana K. El-Khoury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very nice hotel, very centrally located.

Amazing architecture, beautiful modern rooms, spacious, bathroom with very nice aesthetic. Internet causes some trouble but nothing special. Front office very helpful, breakfast simple but rigorous and an amazing bar with a breathtaking view over Beirut. Also the Brasserie at the ground floor is very cosy if you want to have a light dinner or lunch. Modern dishes with a middle East touch.

Really interesting for people loving minimal and contemporary art. I would definitely suggest it and go back in my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the bay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Konstantinosss,

I would like to thank you for choosing Le Gray for your recent visit to Beirut and most importantly for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.
I am very glad that our central location was convenient to you and that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and modern touch.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

With best regards,

Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed on a business trip in September 2012. We were made to feel very welcome from the outset, nothing was too much trouble, ambience was a delight, a true oasis of calm in a hectic city. The rooms are spacious, stylish and modern. We had a very early start the next day so the hotel made sure that our breakfast was delivered to our rooms outside of the normal delivery times, with no lapse in quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Hildoceras,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback of Le Gray on trip advisor.
I am very happy to see you have enjoyed your stay and have appreciated the attentiveness and promptness of the team.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future,

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my husband currently live in Beirut( but we are not lebanese) and we tried many places here. We stayed in Le Gray for my birthday, beginning of march, in Deluxe Suite, for weekend and we enjoyed it so much. Its very trendy spacious room with high ceilings, designed furniture and very comfortable bed. Whole hotel is just a pleasure for eyes....Breakfasts and other meals were just perfect... we like to have our family breakfasts there on sundays too...very often we have lunch there because of its perfect location and nice food.... people mentioned prices here... come on guys Beirut is not cheap place at all(( and beleive me such a great service cannot be found everywhere.....Try Bar on the roof it has beautiful view ... Also massage at Spa was one of the best in town))))

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear My_Baby_Lelechka,

Thank you for staying with us on your very special occasion. I am glad to see you have spent a wonderful birthday celebration at Le Gray.
It is always very rewarding to receive such praises from loyal guests like yourself.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back very soon,

With best regards,

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Le Gray on a three days trip to Beirut which left me with mixed impressions.
PROS:
-great location downtown in walking distance to souks right next to Mohammad Al-Amin mosque
-pretty, new hotel, spacious, modern rooms, nicely designed, beautiful bathrooms
-nice staff
-nice views from rooftop restaurant

CONS:
-pricey (could only book a suite as double rooms were apparently fully booked, yet hotel seemed empty)
-mediocre yet expensive breakfast (should at least be included in room rate)
-WIFI (although free) requires repeated login, is not available throughout hotel
-pool and pool area small
-hotel Limousine (on the way to Beiteddine driver drove like a maniac, in Beiteddine we were ripped of at a restaurant that the driver recommended, probably his cousin...)

All in all Le Grey seems like a nice hotel though and I might give it another try if going to Beirut again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Mischa G,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.
I am happy to note that you have enjoyed Le Gray’s location in Beirut central district, our modern rooms and especially the services rendered to you by our committed staff.

I have however noted your list of cons and was mostly disturbed by your comment about our limousine service; our guest safety is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured that the speeding matter has been addressed with our drivers, and a full investigation in regards to your restaurant claim is in progress.

I certainly look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

With kind regards,

Unidentified
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was outstanding on many levels. The service is excellent, professional, and discreet. (Although I'm not sure why my hotel bill was divided into two parts, which became a headache filing business expenses.) There just didn't seem to be anything the concierge and managers could not handle.

The room was perfect. I was in a deluxe room, which had a combined sitting area (sofa, a chaise lounge, coffee table, desk & chair) and sleeping area (ie, the bed). There was a large closet area (w/minibar, fancy Italian coffee maker, safe, large open-shelving) to walk through to get to the huge bathroom. A separate standing rainforest shower, a separate WC, a bath with tv, and two sinks. There was a small balcony overlooking the swanky Solidere shopping area.

There are too many good dining options to be limited to the hotel, but we did have the breakfast buffet and it was among the nicest. Fresh fruit, great pastries, cooked foods like omelettes, yoghurt, local and imported cheeses, cereals & grains. There is the option to dine on the terrace, which is lovely in the early morning before it gets too hot at this time of the year.

The pool is also on the same floor as the dining options. It's tiny, and there are only a handful of deck chairs. There is enough sun to lie out for most of the day, but it can be a tad crowded. Drinks and food can be served.

The gym is clean and nice. It doesn't get crowded. Good machines.

There is an ATM machine just to the right of the hotel entrance when you walk out.

And finally the location. It's a few minutes walk to Solidere, where there are high street shops and high end boutiques. There is also a fabulous supermarket with lots of international brands.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear asoloist,

It means a lot to me and everyone on the team that you have enjoyed each aspect of your stay in Beirut and within the comfort of our hotel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back among us,

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Le Gray for a wedding weekend and loved it. We booked a suite and throughly enjoyed it. The spacious balcony was wonderful for breakfast, the room and bathroom were very spacious. It is perfectly located for shopping and the restaurants. Don't forget to bring your suit....the pool is amazing.

Room Tip: If possible, get a room with a balcony. You will be glad you did.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear ACAkka,

Thank you for your lovely words describing your stay at Le Gray. I am thrilled to note you have enjoyed every aspect of your time in Beirut and that our ideal location and comfortable rooms have made your stay even more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

With best regards

Rana K. El Khoury

Been to Le Gray Beirut? Share your experiences!