TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“A wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Gray Beirut

You added Le Gray Beirut to your Saves list
Le Gray Beirut
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Martyrs' Square | Central Beirut District, Beirut 1107, Lebanon   |
Ranked #8 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Paris, France
“A wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed four nights at the Le Gray last spring and I'm still keeping in mind the memory of a fabulous place. First it is very elegant and well designed without being overdressed. Furnitures in the room had kind of a 1940's look but didn't looked dated at all.
Everything is perfect in it : the space is very large and comfy, there's a separate dressing area with lot of space for clothes and luggage and a coffee machine with coffee in grains. You can find easily plugs and everything you need to connect and work. The bathroom is large too, with shower and tube, and cherry on the cake : a TV in front of the tube!
The pool on the top and the area around are a little small (my only critic), but with such a fantastic view on the harbour and the sea that you forget it.
The staff is very attentive as well as discrete. I found some new fresh fruits everyday on the dining table.
In brief, a real luxury hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Monolakke,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray for your business stay in Beirut and for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed every aspect of our property and that our attentive team has contributed in making your stay a memorable one.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future.

With best regards,

Rana K. El-Khoury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are just back from a fabulous three day long weekend stay at Le Gray. We loved everything about this hotel, and our time in Beirut. The room we had on the fourth floor had an interesting view out over the street, we loved the big bathroom and the comfortable bed. The whole hotel is trendy with lots of interesting design features, the views from the bar and restaurant are lovely. The service is excellent, as others have said, this sets this hotel apart. As it was our first time in Beirut we needed advice as to the "must dos" and places to see and when we approached the concierge we got what can only be described as personalised service. We were supplied with information and maps, had restaurants booked for us and a half day trip out of the city arranged.
The location of Le Gray is the best, you really can walk everywhere from here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear WandTNZ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Gray, It is highly rewarding, particularly for the team to get such positive feedback on their work and the service they are so proud to extend.
We genuinely love to indulge all of our guests and it is for us a true joy to hear positive feedback as yours.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon to Le Gray,

With kind regards,

Saint Julian's, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just returned from 2 nights at this amazing hotel in this beautiful city. I have been in the hotel business for over 20 years and. beleive me, those of us in te industry are the hardest to please! We pick on every flaw. Having stayed in hundreds of luxury hotels around the world, I can count on one hand the number of times I left so impressed. The building and location are great... but what sets this place apart is the staff. They just simply could not have been more friendly, professional, efficient and professional - not to mention beatifully groomed. I can not recommend this hotel enough! .

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 5th floor. They are slightly smaller because they have an outside terrace. When...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear MaltaExpat,

Thank you so much for such a great review!
As a hotelier, you must know how rewarding it is to receive positive feedback on the product and especially on the services.
My team and I thank you once again for your great recommendations and look forward to welcome you back to le Gray,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was planning on initially staying in Beirut for 4 days during my last trip in December, and for various reasons I ended up staying over 10 days. Normally I would have checked out of my hotel on the 4th day and stayed maybe with family or even with a friend but for some reason I could not do so. The hotel in the heart of Downtown is really a gem, the staff are so well trained and so attentive that no request proved too much. The food was particularly tasty and well presented and they offer all the traditional Lebanese items as well as many Western comforts.
The thing that struck me the most was the attention to detail in everything the hotel executes, from the wake up calls in the morning, to the way reception answers the phone to the room service and the car that takes you to the airport. This is the only hotel I have stayed at in Beirut that checked if the Alfa taxi driver knew where my family's house was before I got in.
The next time I come to Beirut I will ask to stay once again at Le Gray and even if it is for a night or 10 I know I will be very well looked after.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Tarek Y,

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review on trip advisor, and for the wonderful comments about the staff which I have passed to everyone. We constantly strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is always rewarding when it is recognized.

We look forward to welcome you to Le Gray the next time you visit Beirut.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in many five stars boutique hotels around the world and all I can say is that Le Gray Beirut is most certainly worth the detour. We LOVED it!! The location is perfect for visiting the city and the surroundings. Our room was spacious and very comfortable - it offered a lovely relaxing feel. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful - they've sorted us out wonderfully and made us feel that nothing was too much to ask for.
We would definitely recommend Le Gray to anyone who is looking for an enjoyable and memorable stay in Beirut.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear MrsP280110,

I would like to thank you for staying with us in December and especially for leaving this lovely comment on trip advisor.
I am thrilled to know that we have contributed in making your stay in Beirut a memorable one.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you're a picky traveler who is accustomed to five and six star boutique hotels, then the Le Gray is your only (and BEST) option in Beirut. From the speedy and helpful service to the hotel's beautiful design, central location and wealth of amenities, Le Gray is all around excellent. The concierge is very informative and able to handle any type of request from restaurant reservations to helping you find a suitcase at the last minute. We especially loved Nancy and Firas at the front desk who were always great and went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Beirut!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear CaliGirlSAS,

Thank you so much for leaving this great review following your stay at Le Gray earlier this month.
I am mostly thrilled to see that you were extremely satisfied from our services and I cannot tell you how much Nancy and Firas are happy to see their names mentioned here! It is the best reward for their hard work indeed.

Thank you once again and we do hope to welcome you back to Le Gray very soon,

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Fantastic "boutique" hotel in a great location with high quality fixtures and fittings, and really nice little touches in the room and around the hotel. Excellent service with very helpful staff. Small but perfectly formed pool and roof deck for sunbathing, with other separate areas for drinks and meals.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Howard234,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your stay at Le Gray. It is always rewarding for the team to receive such positive observations, especially on their level of service.

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Beirut.

With kind regards,

Rana K. El-Khoury

Been to Le Gray Beirut? Share your experiences!