TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Fab Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Beirut Downtown

You added Ramada Beirut Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Beirut Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mina El Hosn Chateaubriand Street | P.O Box 11-215, Beirut, Lebanon   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #37 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Fab Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed on a 2-day visit to Beirut and loved the location. The hotel is in the heart of everything you may want to do in Beirut - walking distance - at very affordable rates. Hotel deco is quite basic and the construction taking place around the building when we stayed was a real hussle. However, we did not spend much time in the room so it didn't really bother us.

Definitelly recommend it for short stays or shopping trips to Beirut.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RamadaBeirutDowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Mr Nikolas,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am delighted to see that your overall rating was very satisfactory and that you have enjoyed our location.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your patronage and recommending the hotel.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Yasmine Eid Maalouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed with my wife for couple of days during our visit to beirut.
Great hotel, with great staff. Rooms are a good size, beds are confi and love the international channels.
Location is great and wouldn' t ask for more. Walking distance to down town shops, cafes and restaurants and close to the sea boardwalk for a morning run.
Staff are always in a good mood and nothing is a trouble.
Our new favorite hotel in beirut.
Ramada would definitely come back again.

A&D
Brisbane, Australia

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RamadaBeirutDowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Mr Ahmad,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am delighted to see that your overall rating was very satisfactory and that you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as our staff, services and location.

We have already forwarded your mail to our Teams.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your patronage, and recommending the hotel.

I know that Australia is a long way to Beirut- Lebanon , but we are all looking forward to welcoming you again assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Best regards
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Pros
The location is good in terms of being very close to zaitouna bay and the City Centre. The room is clean the service is quite good.

Cons
The Hotel itself is surrounded by building which block the view. There is construction going on, producing significant amount of noise. Although I have pointed this out in my reservation comments as well as many reviews did, the Hotel is taking absolutely no action in this regards. Noise can be reduced to a significant level with sealable windows.
The bathroom is relatively small compared to the size of the room.
I did not like the overall feel and energy of this hotel specifically the design and the atmosphere.

My recommendation
If you are looking for a hotel with good location, this hotel would be a good choice.
If you are looking to enjoy a good atmosphere and stay within the hotel, I do not recommend this hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RamadaBeirutDowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed our location, cleanliness and service.

However, I regret to notice that your overall rating was not satisfactory due to construction and the over design of the hotel. With regards to the construction noise, we have fixed since 2010, double glazed in all our rooms thus retaining 70% of the noise.

We do hope that the construction will end within couple of months. We are also fully renovating our rooms and corridors, however bathrooms will remain the same size.

It will be my pleasure to host you back soon and invite you to come and visit our new rooms.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great hotel, great room service.
We I've stayed in the hotel for a beautiful 11 nights. Was such an amazing stay. In particular Misbah and Ali were so great in service and hospitality not to mention Rabi3.

In addition one of the reception staff Ziad was so helpful and great in his service.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Muhammad,

I am very pleased to read that your overall rating was very satisfactory and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning Ali, Ziad, Mosbah and Rabih, I have already forwarded your compliments to them.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your patronage.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you once again very soon that we can accommodate you in our newly renovated rooms and suites.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly on your next trip, we will be more than happy to take care of your accommodation

Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

First of all, I have to say the location is good, in terms of being very close to zaitouna bay and the souq -it is convenient like that. But that's about it really!!!!

The building itself - it's not the worst, but for the price you have to pay, and to surround yourself with the unsightly construction going on, the room did not have enough natural lighting, the bathroom is too small - if you're on holidays, just do yourself a favor.

I didn't like the overall feel and energy of this hotel - the receptionist, oh well, for some reasons I felt she was not very pleased to have a south east Asian guest, maybe not a lot of us visiting Beirut - the housekeeper gave me that look to - what can I say, it's probably a cultural thing.

Another good thing I have to mention as well - the room service is very prompt, and the young man who brought my food in was always respectful.

Anyways, I still can't recommend this hotel for a lot of other reasons - it has this gloomy feel, and negative vibe. Just maybe go somewhere else with better service, there are other hotels in the area, and for a few extra dollars more, I would rather pay and have a better overall feeling.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
RamadaBeirutDowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I regret to notice that your overall rating was not satisfactory and that our services were not up to your expectations.

I have read your remarks with regards to the receptionist and housekeeping, I do apologize for the feeling of discomfort you felt. I can assure you that all our staff are trained to welcome all clientele. However I will through a full investigation.

I am pleased to see thought that you have enjoyed our location and room service.

I hope this will not refrain you to come back and hopefully to get a second chance to prove to you the quality of services on which we have built our good reputation. Please don't hesitate to contact me on my direct mail - ymaalouf@ramadalebanon.com - if I can be in a further help.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hotel provided the perfect location for a business trip, being very central and convenient. The hotel is essentially completely surrounded by a building site, but there was no issues with noise at all which was good.

The executive room was large, clean and had a nice balcony.

I did however encounter some difficulties with there wifi which only ever seemed to work periodically which was very frustrating since I was relying on it for work. I also on 3 different occasions made a call to reception with a request for towels and a toothbrush... and they never came (which again being time constrained makes me reluctant to chose them again as a business hotel). On a 2night stay, none of my shampoos or soaps were replaced on the 2nd morning which again just isn't really acceptable.

But for a good location, clean rooms and nice balcony it still makes for a decent choice in the Central Business District of Beirut.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor following your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed our rooms, cleanliness and location.

Thank you for highlighted the services and internet issues you had to face during your stay, valuable feedbacks such as yours assist us in improving our service on a daily basis. I have already informed the concerned for their immediate action and I will personally follow up on these feedbacks to make sure it does not happen in the future.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again and hopefully to get a second chance to prove to you the quality of services on which we have built our good reputation.

Again, thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor. Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay, I will be more than happy to arrange your accommodation

Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

spent a week here. Hotel is ok, but the location is very good. You are literally 5 mins from one of the nicest marina's in the med. Shops and restaurants are all very close too. Special mention to the barmen at the hotel who were all very welcoming and football mad!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Mr Tom

I am very pleased to see that your stay was satisfactory. I personally sent your special mention to our barmen.

On behalf of the entire Team, I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kinds regards
Yasmine Eid Maalouf

Been to Ramada Beirut Downtown? Share your experiences!