TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Ramada Beirut Downtown

Save Saved
You added Ramada Beirut Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Beirut Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mina El Hosn Chateaubriand Street | P.O Box 11-215, Beirut, Lebanon   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 30%, Stay 2 Nights
Ranked #37 of 113 hotels in Beirut
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Ramada hotel for 5 days, the staff are very friendly, though you might need to ask for the internet code a couple of times for them to bring you the codes.

It is situated close to everything, it has an OK view since it is semi sea view, and the food was good.

• Stayed August 2013
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am pleased to notice that your stay with us was satisfactory and that you have enjoyed our hotel location and our staff.

Thank you for brining to our attention the delay of the internet codes, we will definitely make sure it will not happen in the future.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you once again assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
BURLINGTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights in August at the Ramada Downtown. Our room was spacious; the bed comfy; and the bathroom new and well-designed. Most of the staff spoke English and were very helpful.

We were visiting a family member who works in Beirut and the downtown location was central for all that we did. The hotel is difficult to find because it's stacked behind a construction site. But once you locate it, it's easy walking distance to most downtown attractions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Mrs Amy,

First, let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our rooms, staff and the hotel location.

Please don t hesitate to contact us directly on your next stay, we will be pleased to arrange your accommodation and preferences

Yasmine Eid Maalouf - General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Downtown last week. We were absolutely delighted with the hotel. Our room was beautifully clean and very comfortable. I had read the comments about it being noisy and was a bit nervous but it was very quiet with no more noise than you would expect in a large city. There is construction work surrounding the hotel but it did not disturb us at all.
Every member of staff we came in contact with was friendly,polite and very efficient. The location is wonderful.
Very good value for money. We will definitely choose to stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your lovely comments have already been shared with our Team during our morning meeting today.

I am very happy to notice that your overall rating was very satisfactory and I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our services, Staff friendliness and hotel location.

Again, thank you for your patronage and recommending Ramada Beirut Downtown on Trip Advisor. The entire team and Myself are looking forward to welcoming you once again assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Please don t hesitate to contact me directly [ymaalouf@ramadalebanon.com] on your next stay, I will be pleased to arrange your accommodation.

Yasmine Eid Maalouf - General Manager
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

we spent a week there from 28th of June 2013.
The hotel is very weel located walking distance from Downtown solidaire 10 mins and zeituna bay (15 mins) also it's near to kidz mondo if you have a kid and want to spend day for kids activities.

The staff is very helpful and informative, we once asked them about the touristic places and they advised us with a special agency that gave us a very good price for the tour Jeitta, Byblos and Harissa.

The staff is very keen for your satisfaction and very much customer oriented.

We faced a bit difficulty with the room keys since it didn't work couple of times but as soon as we inform the reception they quickly came top open it for us

When we arrived we found complimentary brownies and the day before our departure we found a huge dish of fruits and biscuits, that was really a nice gesture.

If we are to go Lebanon again, we will probably stay there

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mr Sherif,

Your comments have already been shared with our Team this morning. And indeed, seeing such lovely compliments is a beautiful way to start the day.

I am glad to notice that your overall rating was very satisfactory and I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our staff.

With regards to the keys rooms, we are under process of solving the issue and we hope it will be finally done in the couple of coming weeks.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronage and recommending Ramada Beirut Downtown on Trip Advisor. We all look forward to welcoming you once again assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking, I will be pleased to arrange your accommodation.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just came back from a nightmare at Ramada, absolute lack of sleep!! They are building a hotel literally two meters away from the rooms, from 7 am onwards!!! Not only don’t they tell you about it, when you ask for a quiet room, they assure you it is!! They should notify customers in advance, and if there is no other option, offer earplugs and free wifi or other compliment as an apology. Some investment in sun blocking blinds would also be advisable. The service was a disgrace, couldn’t get a smile out of a single employee... Avoid eating in the restaurant, sandwiches take 40 minutes to arrive. And to make things even better, my bathroom stank 24/7. Only stay at Ramada if you have absolutely no other option, complete waste of money.

Room Tip: Just try not to stay here...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I regret to notice that your overall rating was not satisfactory and that our services were not up to your expectations.

I have read your remarks with regards to the noise coming from the construction sites around us; I do apologize and I have taken into consideration the ear-plug service. We have already advised our purchasing department to buy them; it will available in rooms in rooms in a few weeks.

I am also pleased to advise you that we will be launching free internet in rooms in few months, we are under process of testing the speed and technical issues.

With regards to your comment on the services in our restaurants and the bathroom, I would be grateful if you could send me a mail with some more details [ room number, date of stay, ect..] that I can go through a full investigation- on my following address: ymaalouf@ramadalebanon.com

I look forward to reading from you again and hopefully to get a second chance to prove to you the quality of services on which we have built our good reputation.

With my best regards
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found the hotel very nice
Clean rooms
You can feel very tender there
Nice open buffet breakfast
Receptionist people are very helpful and they got good hospitality
Very near to down town
We thank Mr Ahmed And Nada for their good hospitality
But I have one comment ( the wifi should be available for free in rooms also like the lobby )

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Ahmad,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location, the buffet breakfast and specially our Team services.

I will definitely share your comments with all our Team and will pass your compliments to Nada and Ahmed.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the Ramada Beirut Downtown assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

I am pleased to inform you that in few months, we will introduce free internet in rooms - we are in the process of testing the new internet system to make sure the speed will not be affected.

Again, thank you for your patronage and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is very near to downtown Beirut & taxi is always available outside. The staff is very friendly & the rooms are neat & comfortable. View from rooms is blocked by a building under construction.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our staff.

Again, thank you for your patronage and if I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Yasmine Eid Maalouf

Been to Ramada Beirut Downtown? Share your experiences!