TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Good value for money - excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Beirut Downtown

You added Ramada Beirut Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Beirut Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mina El Hosn Chateaubriand Street | P.O Box 11-215, Beirut, Lebanon   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #33 of 115 Hotels in Beirut
Cairo, Egypt
“Good value for money - excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I visited Ramada in August with a friend of mine. The hotel is having very good location in downtown, staff are very helpful and friendly - sometimes exceeding the expectations. The room was quite good.. There are some points i didn't like too much :
- Maintenance work being done close to the hotel that is very noisy all the morning
- The curtains of the balcony are made in a way that you cannot keep it fully open, personally i like natural sunlight and i coudn't have this bevause of the curtains
- TV channels are not interesting
- Only 1 chair in the balcony - there should be 2 chairs

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our Hotel, location and Staff Service. I will definitely forward your comments to our Team.

I have noted your comments regarding the balcony chairs and curtains which I will check with our Housekepeer. With regards to the TV channels list, we ususally update it every 3 months, however I will review the list with our IT Manager to improve it for the next month.

Again, on behalf of our Team, I would like to thank for your patronnage. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards
Yasmine Eid maalouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jundiai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is very good and confortable but the best of is the location. You an go walking to BIEL (to the trade fair), go walking to the Marine or even to shopping area, where you can also find good restaurants.
You have to pay to have internet connection on the room but it is free to use on the reception.
The breakfast is also good and we didnt have problem with the cleaness.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Guest

I am taking the opportunity to announce the launching of our daily free "finger food buffet" from 6pm-7pm and FREE internet in Rooms as of October 1st,21012.

Again, thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us directely for your next stay in Beirut. We will be pleased to arrange your accomodation.

With my best regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

A friend had booked this hotel for us
Located in the newly rebuilt area of Downtown is in a good spot for the marina bars & restaurants
Good quality shopping is 10 mins walk and the bar and cafe area of Jemmayzeh is a couple of mins in a taxi
The hotel itself had boutique feel with a cute reception area
Room & shower was average size, The very effective air conditioning was the most quiet Ive encountered

Currently the whole area is being developed so some construction noise is audible during the weekdays, however the double glazed balcony doors did a good job. and we slept very well

Good value & Recommended

Room Tip: pot luck, but from other guests that I spoke to; they were all happy with their rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our Hotel and location. I am also happy to see that you were not disturb by the noise

We are pleased to announce the launching of our daily free "finger food buffet" from 6pm-7pm as of October 1st,21012.

Again, thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kinds Regards
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Good hotel and great location. But at this time, they have continuous construction from 8AM to 7PM seven days a week. Banging all the time. When you ask, they tell you that there shouldn't be construction on the weekends, and that the construction company promised, but when Sat and Sun came around, the construction was non stop.
The current rate is slightly cheaper than similar hotels in the area, I suspect because of the construction. I wish I payed a little more and was better able to sleep in.

The service and staff are great. There is no swimming pool. The internet was horrible and expensive in the rooms, but there was free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our Hotel, location and Service. Your comments will be definitely forwarded to our Team.

With regards to the internet, I will immediately investigate with our IT Manager about the problem in the rooms, as we just changed it from 2MB to 4MB.

I would like to apologize for the construction site taking place around the site, althought some days are very quiet and some days busy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at Ramada Beirut Downtown

Best regarsd
Yasmine EId Maalouf - General Manager
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was my second time at the Ramada and I was treated like an old friend. The rooms are nice and big with a King Sized Bed, the view is not much to look at because of the high rise buildings going up on all sides of the Hotel but depending on the room location you can get a water view. I also got a great room rate because I had stayed there before and had a local person make the enquiry and got a rate below $100 a day plus the fact that I was staying for more than a week ( I think that was the deal maker ) Some people complain about the noise but it's hard to get any Hotel in Beirut that is quiet, the sliding doors to the balcony are double glazed and stops most of the noise unless you sleep with them open. The coffee shop and restaurant are terrific and the staff are ready to help you 24/7 and most of them speak English. I found that my first stay was good and this time it was even better, keep up the good work because I'll be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, if you like heights the 10th to 12th floors are great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay for the second time. I am also happy to know that you were satisfied with your room and rate, as well as from our Staff service. I will definitely pass your compliments to our Team.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronnage toward Ramada Beirut and we are looking forward to welcoming back soon at the Ramada Beirut Downtown.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personaly for your next reservation to arrange your room on a high floor.

Best regards
Orebro, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My visit to Beirut and staying att Ramada hotel was my best memories in Beirut,Big an nice hotel ,fine personal .Perfect breakfast.Beautiful rum with all things you need. Service was perfect.I wich I can take the same trip agian to same hotell.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronnage and taking the time to post this review. I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the Hotel, Service and breakfast.

I am also delighted to know that you had the best memories of Beirut throught out your stay with us. Your comments will be forwarded to our Team members.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back at Ramada Beirut very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking.

With my best regards
Yasmine Eid Maalouf- General Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

For Beirut, this hotel is decently priced. It is in a great location near the Beirut Souks and the staff are very pleasant. However, there are a few major issues that diminish the stay here.

The first is the noise on Saturday night. I was on the 10th floor and the noise from a nearby nightclub was very loud in the room at 3am. It wasnt' just a thump-thump-thump but it sounded like it was being played in the next room.

Only one lift was functional.

We wanted to do a number of day trips out of the city and it was disappointing that they only had information from one company.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Ramada Beirut Downtown during your stay in Lebanon and taking the time to give a feedback following your stay with us.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the Hotel location and our staff.

However, I am sorry to hear that you had some problems regarding the music at night; I believe, that you may have been disturbed by exceptional loud music on that night due to the season opening of a famous Roof Top in Beirut. In addition, our rooms have TV volume control to make sure that other guests are not disturbed.

As for the elevator, indeed, to ensure that our standards are of the highest level and to offer a better service, we have started 6 months ago the installation of new elevators. We will be fully operational with the second one in few days.

With regards to your days trip, I will investigate with the Front Desk as we should be offering several options to the guests and not only one company.

We are looking forward to having you with us again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your next booking.

Best regards,
Yasmine Eid Maalouf - General Manager

Been to Ramada Beirut Downtown? Share your experiences!