“The BEST Hilton I've ever stayed at!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Kuwait Resort

You added Hilton Kuwait Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Kuwait Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 7887 Fahaheel | Mangaf, Kuwait City 64009, Kuwait   |
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Kuwait City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tsugaru, Japan
“The BEST Hilton I've ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm a Defense Department contractor assigned to Iraq, and while transiting Kuwait to await the start of my official vacation to Ireland, I decided to eschew the Spartan military facilities of Camp Arifjan and instead took advantage of my Hilton HHonors Silver membership to book 5 nights at the Hilton Kuwait Resort. The room cost for the 5 nights (not counting all the incidental expenses): 99 Kuwaiti Dinars ($348.97 USD) per day. Worth it? You damn betcha, every last penny (or "fil" if you will).

As a Hilton HHonors member, I've stayed at 4 other Hiltons (Al Ain, UAE; Tyler, TX; Dallas, TX; San Pedro, PRK), and while all of them were positive experiences, my stay here at the Hilton Kuwait Resort has not only been faraway [BOLD]the best[/BOLD] of any Hilton I've stayed in, it's arguably the best hotel treatment I've received period, from the moment I entered the lobby, whereupon the porter hooked me up with a glass of fresh orange juice while I was checking in. From there,the porter gave me a detailed and thorough description of all the amenities in my room (including a new bowl of fresh fruit every morning). Every member of the staff (a combination of Filipinos, Indian sub-continentals, Egpytians, Ethiopians, and at least one Syrian and Romanian) from the bellhops to the front desk to housekeeping to (especially) the restaurant crew, is so extraordinarily friendly and courteous and attentive to my satisfaction as a customer....they really do go the extra mile here and then some. I'm also impressed with how quickly they learned and remembered my name.

Be sure to get a seaside room like I did; the view of the Arabian Gulf is breathtaking.

Speaking of the hotel restaurant, ah yes, the Teatro Restaurant; not only is the service great, the food is too. The yellow lentil soup and Butter Chicken (Indian tikka style) are to die for, there's the sumptuous breakfast buffet that I'm getting complimentary every morning with my HHonors Silver membership, and there's the great seafood buffet on Wedensday nights. As I type this on a Thursday afternoon, I have 13 hours left before I catch the airport shuttle to KCIA, and I still have the Teatro's Barbecue Night to look forward to tonight.

(And the Songbird Cafe serves some delicious pistachio ice cream.)

And both the outdoor swimming pool and the Spa's indoor Aquamedical Pool are both visually pleasing as well as extraordinarily physically relaxing.

I'm eager to see (starting tomorrow afternoon) how the Hilton Dublin stacks up in comparison to this one. Meanwhile, if any of my friends, professional acquaintances, or family members, find themselves in Kuwait for whatever sort of official business, I can give the Hilton Kuwait Resort my highest recommendation. My personal thanks to Rao, Jacob Jamal, Mohammed, Cheryl, Anna Lisa, Jeriye, Patrick, and all of the other hotel staff members whose names escape me at the moment (my apologies for my forgetful memory) for a wonderful and memorable experience!

Room Tip: I'm in Room 216, with an extraordinary seaside view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear TrojanSkyCop1,

We are very pleased to receive such great review, expressed with delight, full satisfaction, and we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

It is our pleasure to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us and rewarding to know you were satisfied with the hotel facilities and hospitality of our staffs.

Your positive comments about the facilities such as recreation & spa, foods served at the restaurants, HHonors benefits and the level of hospitality demonstrated by our team from various departments have been noted.

We will definitely share your comments with them, and let them know that you recognized their services. Please be assured we will continue providing you and all our guests with the premium service throughout your stay.

TrojanSkyCop1, thank you once again for your positive remarks and we look forward welcoming you back at our resort in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
Jamshedpur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Exotic hotel with charms of elegancy providing all your needs with a classic touch. The rooms are spacious and easily accessible to beach areas. Option of in-house shopping. Best for business and pleasure trips. Privacy is guaranteed. Courteous staff resolves your issues instantly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We would like to thank you for sharing your views with us in relation to your recent visit at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

It is our pleasure to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are happy to know you were satisfied with the hotel facilities and hospitality of our staffs.

Rest assured we will continue to provide you and all our guests with the best service throughout your stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

Thank you once again for your positive remarks and we look forward welcoming you back at our resort in the future.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

First of all let me state that I'm member of their beach club since 2010 and that it's a great place.

However, the reason i gave this hotel 3 out of 5 is because they allow people to smoke right next to the pool. After several complaints, the club's manager implemented an ineffective solution;

He made one long side of the pool along with the other two short sides a non-smoking zone. The other long side of the pool (the sunny side !!) became a smoking zone.

so if you want to swim in the pool and don't like smoking, you'll have to swim only in your half of the pool!!!!

never in my life I've seen people smoking right next to the pool in a five star hotel !!!!

To make it even worse, Smokers never complied with these new rules, and security personnel are doing a very poor job enforcing these rules.

Today, 20th Sep 2013, I spotted 7 people smoking at the same time in the none smoking side of the pool and 15 smokers in total around the pool. moreover they throw their cigarates' buts all over the place. Security Personnel were just watching carelessly without taking any action.

To the management; Please, you have to restricted smoking totally around the pool so we can all enjoy what could be a great place.

Regards,

Ahmad Seada
Member # 1121

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear asabour,

We would like to thank you for sharing your views with us and for bringing to our attention your experience at the Health Club.

Your dissatisfaction with smokers at the swimming pool and our security has been noted and we will definitely take your suggestion into consideration. Please accept our apology if you found those areas below your expectations.

We have also shared your feedback with our Recreation & Spa Manager as well as the Security Manager to further improve on those aspects.

asabour, your satisfaction is our top priority hence we trust you will remain a loyal and valued member of our club and both, the Club Management as well as myself will be very happy to further discuss possible improvements should you wish to do so.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward welcoming you back at our property.

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I spend two months at the hotel, with the best experience that I ever have in any hotels. The nice experience was based on the high quality service received from the personnel of the hotel. The fiendly and personal contact with all the service areas of Loby, restaurants, cafe, house keeping, consergie and security, every single day during my stay was excelent with none complain. Thanks for all your spetial treatment

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Orland Antonio P,

We would like to express our gratitude for sharing your experience with us in relation to your recent stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

We are happy to learn you were satisfied with the hotel facilities and level of hospitality provided by our staffs. We assure you we will continue providing you and all our guests with premium service at your next visit.

Orland Antonio P, thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at our resort.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

It is a good hotel and good location for the Oil & Gas Business; but they need to pay more attention to the reservations: I asked for a non smoking room, and they place me in an smoking room. I was changed to another one, also smonking room with less odor for the night. Next day I was change to an apparetly non-smoking run; but at one side of two smoking room, and it felt the same...

This needs to be taken care of.

Good luck!

Room Tip: If you do not smoke, make sure that you are getting the right room you deserve.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear rgudinoy,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort and for the positive remarks on our location.

We have taken note of your comment about reservations and room preference. Please be assured that your comment will be addressed with the concerned department for corrective action. We have also added your room preference in your profile for our future reference.

rgudinoy, thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope we can soon welcome you back at our resort.

Baltimore, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Only did a quick overnight here, but thoroughly enjoyed the place. Staff was very helpful and courteous, what you expect from a Hilton. Rooms were very nice and well maintained, although my view of a parking lot left a little to be desired. Close to the airport

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Soggybottomboy,

We would like to thank you for your positive review about our resort.

It is our pleasure to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and were satisfied with the room features as well as the hospitality of our staffs.

Please be assured we will continue providing you and all our guests with the premium service at your next visit.

Soggybottomboy, thank you once again for sharing your views with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at Hilton Kuwait resort.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed here twice on business trips and I loved it. The breakfast was the best meal to me, but dinner wasn’t bad. The hospitality of the staff is wonderful. I would definitely stay here again if I ever go to Kuwait again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear GRP_21,

It is truly motivating to know you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your positive remarks about breakfast experience and hospitality of our staffs gives us the inspiration to continually improve and enhance our offers and services.

GRP_21, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at Hilton Kuwait resort.

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Kuwait Resort? Share your experiences!