“Very nice, modern hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Kuwait Resort

You added Hilton Kuwait Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Kuwait Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 7887 Fahaheel | Mangaf, Kuwait City 64009, Kuwait   |
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Kuwait City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairhope, Alabama
“Very nice, modern hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fantastic breakfast at the breakfast restaurant and great supper at the Yin Yang. Very clean and modern room. Very good service! I had a great view overlooking the water. I'm a Gold and got an upgrade. The property is very large and has many shops and restaurants. It was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear goonietrip,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us related to your stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

It is our pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were satisfied with your breakfast & dinner experience at our restaurants. We have also taken note of your positive remarks about the quality of service and room features.

We assure you that we will continue our pursuit for service excellence.
goonietrip, thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at our property in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is my third and last stay at the hilton, we used to really love the place but the quality of service and place is getting worse every time. Defiantly they need to renovate the rooms and staff. Here is why:

1- price:
I booked a 2 bedroom chalet ( for 4 nights at a total of 989 kd that is 3,494$). In comparing it to the same amount paid at Dubai's best horels, Dubai wins!

2- reservations:
I verified my booking with a credit card. Few days before the check in day, someone from reservations called me and said (with an order tone of voice) that i have to come and pay cash for the stay or my reservation will be cancelled because it's the national holidays season!!! I refused of course and told him that i will pay as i check in.

3- Anenities:
- the following amenities were not provided as listed in their website:

Newspaper Deliv'd M-F (Local)
Newspaper Deliv'd W/E (Local)
Telephone - in Bath

Also, floor lamp was missing the bulb, and the master bedroom was missing a trash bin.

4- cleaning:
cleaning is very poor, as i entered the master bedroom i found a small ball under the bed from the previous guest and a dust ball!!

5- rooms quality:
in general the rooms need to be renovated. Bathrooms are iles are cracked and scratched, sofas are in bad shape with spots, table tops are terribly scratched.

6- price again:
one night my husband and i stayed at one of the outer tents where smokers can have sheesha. We had 1 sheesha, 2 tea pots which they counted as 4 coz its for 2 persons, 2 slices of cakes and 1 small bottle of water for over 20 kd (more than 70$)!! As the waiter said, its holidays and the minimum charge is 20kd. Really Over priced for such average food quality.

The kuwait consumer protection should really take a look at that.

• Stayed February 2013
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Fasofja,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us in relation to your recent stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

We have taken note of your comments on areas referring to the quality of services and facilities. We assure you that we will not spare any effort to ensure any eventual short come is rectified.

It would be of great help to us in our pursuit of excellence if you could share more details on your experience hence I would appreciate if you could provide us with your contact details and the suitable day & time to contact you in order to further discuss your dissatisfaction. You can directly email me at: Paolo.Marro@hilton.com or the Executive office at email: Rosalyn.Sumilang@hilton.com.

Fasofja, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to re-demonstrate the true Hilton hospitality and service in the future.

Regards,

UAE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The website promises you a room overlooking the garden. In reality it overlooks a busy street that is so noisy for so long that you can't sleep.
The breakfast is so boring and the foods are not fresh. The staff is at best unprofessional and lazy. Even at lobby, they don't bother themselves to look at you. Thus, you can't even get their attention if you would like to order some coffee. They just loiter around.
Luckily we just stayed for 3 nights. On the second day, we came back to our room at 3pm to find it not cleaned yet. When I called the reception to inquire about the delay, I received the answer that cleaning the rooms is based upon guest request!! Imagine that!! No apology for the delay but an empty promise that someone will come right away. This didn't happen and I had to hunt for someone to clean our room!!!
I would certainly never stay there again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Concerned_Traveller1,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us in reference to your recent stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

Your comments regarding room features, hospitality of our staffs and quality of food served at breakfast were taken into consideration.

In order for us to take the necessary action, we highly appreciate if you could provide us with your contact details as well as the suitable day and time to call you. We assure you that we will not save any effort to rectify any shortfall and further improve these areas. You can directly contact me at email: Paolo.Marro@hilton.com and/or the Executive office at email: Rosalyn.Sumilang@hilton.com.

Guest satisfaction is crucial for us and we assure you that we will do our best to meet your expectations.

Concernced_Traveller1, please accept our sincere apology and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to make up for any shortfall your perceived.

Regards,

Aldermaston, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Kuwait Resort several times for business, usually for stays of around 2 weeks, so felt it time to review. The hotel is different to others in this part of Kuwait - south of the city on the Gulf Road close to Fahaheel and local to the oil-oriented town of Ahmadi - in that it blends stays for business with those for holiday visits. Aside from business guests the hotel is often busy at weekends with families, who stay in the hotel's villas and studios to relax by the Arabian Gulf and utilise the hotel's extensive facilities.

I usually stay in a studio but on this ocassion stayed in one of the hotel rooms - a pleasant non-smoking one with a view over the hotel's beach area and the Arabian Gulf. The room itself was very comfortable - big double bed, sofa, occasional table, desk, flatscreen TV and DVD player, minibar (no booze of course!) and tea/coffee-maing facilities. In-room cabled and wifi internet are both available and usually reliable. Nice touches include replensihment of fresh fruit during the stay, plus a small box of high-end chocolates and a box of sugary baclava on arrival. Bathroom was wet-room style with shower, separate bath and good standard of amenities.

The hotel has a selection of good eating options, including very good breakfasts at the Teatro restaurant with a wide selection of cold and hot options (including freshly baked muffins brought round one morning to each table by one of the chefs!). Room service options are also good - I tried a number of different dishes during my stay and all were good and delivered efficiently.

Recreation-wise, the hotel has a good pool and very good gym/work-out facilities, plus a jogging circuit and tennis courts.

The hotel itself is very comfortable, but what makes it for me is the politeness and courteousness of most of the staff - without fail, they are always quick to wish you good morning/evening with a smile and enquire how you. A special mention for the housekeeping staff member who came around each evening for the regular turndown service - Dasu was always sure to ask if I needed anything else for my stay (such as extra water if I was heading to the gym) and kept me well supplied with those little on-pillow chocolates!

Overall, the Hilton isn't the cheapest hotel in the Ahmadi, Fahaheel, Mangaf, Fintas area but it delivers on ensuring a good, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room on the Gulf side to get a view of the beach and Gulf.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear RichardP46,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us in relation to your recent stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

It is very rewarding to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were fully satisfied with the hotel facilities such as room, gym features, food served at our restaurants, and particularly the hospitality of our staffs.

We are truly grateful to receive such positive and remarkable comments from our valued guests, and it definitely keeps us motivated in demonstrating the typical Hilton hospitality we are known for.

You have specifically mentioned one of our housekeeping team member who demonstrated quality service and hospitality throughout your stay. Rest assured that we will share your comments and let him know that you appreciated his hospitality.

RichardP46, thank you once again for your positive comments; we assure you that we will continue to deliver premium services dedicated to you and all our guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

. Beautiful hotel, with lovely beach, excellent sitting area outside, with beverage service. The inside corridor has some nice shops, from gifts to essential needs. Apartment Suite was very clean, roomy and well stocked. Nice and cheery. .Very good food, with large selection in the main dining room! Room service is available. The restaurants that are in the complex area are very good also. Highly recommend a stay here. **We stayed here in the later part of May 2011, that date to select was not available for when we stayed so I selected May of 2012**

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CampyHapper,

We are thankful that you took time to share your comments with us.

It is rewarding to learn that you were fully satisfied with room feature, food & beverage services as well as our various shops.

We assure you that we will continually provide you and all our guests with the best services and offers every time you stay at our resort. This is our simple way of showing how grateful we are for you to choose our resort as your preferred accommodation while in Kuwait.

CampyHapper, thank you once again for sharing your comments with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

When I made my booking through the Hilton global reservations I was offered an apartment with a good view, in reality what I was given was a decent sized 2 rooms that were lacking in the furniture one would expect, and the good view was of the car park at the rear of the establishment, the noise from the extractor fans did not help, however I was given a room in the main building with a view of the beach etc.

The room is well appointed and clean housekeeping do a good job.

The food is a total let down in as much as the breakfast apart from the eggs which are cooked to order is cold, I did point this out to the staff however nothing was done to change it.

The evening meal is a buffet and the food on offer looked tired and uninviting it was cold also,If you do not want the buffet there is the A la carte menu but it is uninspiring, it is a copy of the room service menu very limited.
It is a good job that theYin Yang Chinese restaurant is there along with a pizza express otherwise I would have gone hungry

The establishment is some 15 to 20 minutes from down town and is a family resort, there are several meeting rooms but when you check in you get the distinct feeling that as a business man you are not really that welcome, it is quite expensive a 1 litre bottle of water in your room will cost you 2.5 Kuwait Dinar.
I would not consider staying in this Hilton again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Paul W,

Your feedback about the room furniture, food quality served at breakfast & dinner as well as pricing were noted and will be taken into consideration. These comments will definitely help us further improve our products and offers in the future.

We hope you will reconsider and return to our property should you visit Kuwait and we assure you that our team will do their utmost to make your stay comfortable and hassle-free.

Paul W, thank you once again for your time and for letting us know of your experience at our resort. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to redemonstrate the typical Hilton service and hospitality in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hotel is a bit far from the city center and is more of a resort. Reception staff wasn't so friendly especially when they gave me a room in a category less than what I booked expecting I won't notice, it was far, isolated and with a horrible view. I was then moved to a better room after a paid a nominal fee. Room itself is spacious and nice with sea view but the hotel isn't geared up for single travellers- especially females. Lots of kids running around and being loud and the spa was mixed with lady hours only on certain days. I wasn't comfortable using the facilities given all the men around. Overpriced for what it offers but otherwise nice getaway in Kuwait.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear RUSH2,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us in relation to your stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort and we are grateful for your kind comments on the room and the view you could enjoy from there.

We do understand that you were not completely satisfied with the allocated room, level of hospitality provided by our front desk team upon arrival and the spa timings. Please accept our sincere apology if your expectations were not met in those areas.

Your feedback was taken into consideration and we have addressed the highlighted areas.
We would like to share with you that we are keen in delivering premium service to all our guests. Hence we hope that you will give us the opportunity to re-demonstrate the Hilton hospitality and services we are known for.

RUSH2, thank you once again for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope that we can soon welcome you back at our resort in the future.

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Kuwait Resort? Share your experiences!