“As expected for hilton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Kuwait Resort

You added Hilton Kuwait Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Kuwait Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 7887 Fahaheel | Mangaf, Kuwait City 64009, Kuwait   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Kuwait City
IHB
“As expected for hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good hotel, a little pricey, spectacular view, excellent spa and services. found that the outdoor tents were lovely, a bit worn, and you must understand the culture to know that if you don't smoke, its really too bad, they will still smoke around you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear beachlady32927

We are grateful to know that you had the opportunity to experience our spa facility. We will share your comment with our Recreation and Spa team and let them know that you appreciate their service.

Your comment about the tent has been noted and rest assured that each suggestion/comment will be taken into consideration.

Beachlady32927, thank you once again for sharing your thoughts with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back at our resort.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was my second visit, and the hotel staff were great again! fresh fruit in the rooms, plenty of bottled water, good restaurants, awesome selection, etc..... the gym, spa beach and pool make this a great business location, as well as the business center itself. You can get work done, and get some exercise as well, to work out and get ready for the next business day...

Room Tip: the rooms had space, a nice desk, etc! Internet service is the only weakness, both wired and wire...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Melnek,

We are grateful to receive such positive remarks from our valued guest.

It is very rewarding and fulfilling to learn that you were truly satisfied with our product particularly at the gym, restaurant and most especially for recognizing the level of hospitality demonstrated by our staffs.

We will definitely share these remarkable comments with our team from various departments. Rest assured that we will continually provide you and all our guests with the best service throughout your stay.

Melnek, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are looking forward to your next visit at our resort.

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Second stay for two nights on a business trip and 'things' seem to have changed.

The highlight of my previous trip was the outdoor BBQ, just fantastic. Now, only on a Thursday. I'm here at the moment and there does not seem to be more than a couple of dozen guests. The main buffet eatery, the Teatro, is not bad for selection but for 3 of us it cost just over £100.00 and at £5.00 for a litre bottle of water that's really way over the top. The place is like a ghost town which in some way is no bad thing but do I want to stay here again, dunno.

The rooms are very big and bright and comfortable and the air con is fine, if a little loud. The pool is OK but the beach is not clean and that is because of where it is.

I'm really not sure about this hotel anymore.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Toddman572001,
We highly appreciate your comments in relation to your recent stay at our resort.

Your feedback regarding pricing has been noted and will certainly be taken into consideration; we have also taken note of your comment about air-condition system which was immediately communicated to our maintenance team to ensure that all units are in good working condition.

Toddman572001, we hope that you will consider returning to our property in the future. We assure you that our team will do its utmost to make your stay memorable.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at Hilton as i was attending a conference there. I was worried at first thinking is going to be super crowded and noisy but i was pleasantly surprised.

Upon check-in i was told i have been assigned a smoking room, which is a no no for me as i am allergic. Despite the fact the hotel was fully booked they managed to find me a non-smoking room to accommodate my needs.

Room was spacious, very clean, confortable bed, updated and spacious bathroom; free internet.

Breakfast at Teatro is good, with a large variety of food items.
Wednesday nights they have seafood buffet diners at Teatro with a good selection of fresh seafood cooked to order – I loved it.

Overall good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear AliO_11,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

We are glad to receive such remarkable comments about our service and facilities. This review will definitely inspire us to consistently deliver the Hilton standards ensuring that we meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at our resort.

Dublin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Internet problems are a headache of business travel. This hotel is a star in this regard. In a four night stay, I never once lost my internet connection!!! I also have found that free/included internet usually works better than paid internet connections. There was no extra charge for the great free internet service.

I needed two documents printed so I took the documents on a memory stick to the business center. They were promptly printed.

Airport transfers were also included at no extra charge. The arrival transfer was smooth and efficient. For the return, the lady at the front desk suggested a time and booked it for me. I got nervous and decided to leave about a half hour early. I went to the bell desk and they told me it was impossible, because the car had to come from the airport. I still requested that they ask the car to come as soon as possible. Then because there were others in front of me checking in, I had to wait about 10 minutes to check out. The car still had not arrived. When it was only 10 minutes to my scheduled departure time and I was wondering if the car would end up being late, I saw a friend departing and asked him if I could share his car. My thought was that a guaranteed ride (along with some useful conversation) was better than waiting.

I had arrived at the hotel after midnight and was escorted to the room by the porter, who explained the room. There was only one bottle of water (which was less than what I wanted), but I was too eager to get to sleep to ask for more. When I went to shower, I discovered there was no shampoo. (There are also no shower caps.) The next day I asked for shampoo and four were delivered. Without my asking, four bottles of water were left in the room. I suspect that they didn't bother to restock the room after the prior occupant left (and actually collected full fees from two people for renting it for the same night).

Restocking of the amenities was an issue throughout the stay. There was a lovely plate of whole fresh fruit when I arrived. It was not restocked until the last day of my stay. The number of towels and toiletries varied from day to day. The worrisome thing was that when I left one of the two bathrobes on the bed, it vanished and was not replaced. I was concerned that I would be charged for taking it and called to report its absence. It was never replaced.

The bed was very comfortable and my land-facing room was quiet. A colleague was woken in the middle of the night on two nights by a loud family in the adjacent room. She felt the walls were paper thin. I was next to a stairwell on one side and never heard a thing.

The rooms are large with a nice seating area. An English language newspaper was provided.

The included breakfast had a good selection of things. Food at breakfast and the meal functions I attended was good, but not great.

Room Tip: The contrast between my experience and that of my colleague indicates that you may have a quieter ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear EveSP,

We would like to thank you for your positive comments and detailed review on our services, facilities and hospitality. We will definitely share your feedback with our team and rest assured we will continuously strive for excellence in service.

We are sorry to hear that we did not fully meet your expectations with our airport drop off service and restocking of room amenities. We assure you the same has been communicated to the concerned and necessary action have been taken to ensure we keep providing our guests with the attention and services they deserve.

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us and we are looking forward in welcoming you back at Hilton Kuwait Resort.

Best Regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Very dirty beach. Dirty towels in the room. Resort grounds could be maintained better. I didn't try the food or any service. However, it was very nice to have a Starbucks in the resort. Rooms don't have balconies. Doesn't really feel like a relaxing resort. You sit on a dirty beach looking at an oil export pier. Got it?

• Stayed September 2012
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear YAG123,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience of your recent visit at our hotel. Only through your comments we can strive to provide every guest the best experience they deserve.
We are sorry to hear your disappointment with the towels in the room and cleanliness of the beach. We would like to assure you that your comments have been communicated to the concerned department to rectify this issue and avoid the same inconvenience to other guests in the future.

We trust that you will reconsider returning to Hilton Kuwait Resort and give us the opportunity to show you the typical Hilton hospitality and services.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I visited Kuwait for a brief weekend beach getaway (by myself) during Ramadan. The staff were professional and it was a relaxing weekend. The pool was refreshing, although no food/drinks were allowed at the pool per Ramadan restrictions. The gym was large and well-equipped.

I was particularly impressed with responsiveness of hotel staff prior to my visit. I had emailed in advance asking about specifics of the services offered during Ramadan and received a prompt and detailed response. I had asked whether any restaurants on the property were open during the day (in short - yes) and whether Western swimwear was allowed at the pool/beach (yes).

I had dinner at Yin/Yang, the Thai/Chinese restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The food was fine but not particularly memorable. It seemed a bit expensive at first, but the portion sizes were generous.

The hotel offers a free airport shuttle. This was very easy to use upon arrival (look for the driver with the Hilton sign). The return trip is once an hour and was on time, as promised. I believe they also offer free shuttles to other locations around Kuwait, but those were not running during Ramadan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HiltonKuwait, Manager at Hilton Kuwait Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Carrie_in_Seattle,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel.

Your positive comments about our services and facilities are very rewarding. Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team and will definitely encourage us to continually provide all our guests with the best experience they truly deserve.

Thank you for sharing your views with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Kuwait Resort? Share your experiences!