“Spoilt - Can we check your room!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait

Save Saved
You added Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait to your Saves list
Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fahad Al-Salem Street | Safat, Kuwait City 13045, Kuwait   |
Ranked #24 of 62 hotels in Kuwait City
Dubai
“Spoilt - Can we check your room!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed for 1 night in November 2012 on business, pleasant enough arrival and hotel car from the airport was very good. Hotel reception is a little tacky and the cheap laminate flooring does not help.

Staff are friendly and helpful, this was a positive.

Rooms are well below a 4 star rating I would agree with other reviews it is 3 stars at best and European 2 star. Rooms are really poor, grubby and very badly finished in terms of detailing. The toilet in my room was filthy and I had to smile at the "sanitised' band around the lid and seat. Obviously this is added by default as my toilet was far from sanitised.

Shower was very low pressure, I would advise any one in a hurry to use only a little shampoo as if you work up a lather it will take you 10 minutes to wash it out. I overheard a group of guests at breakfast sharing the same complaint, so it's not just one room.

Bed was comfortable and clean which I suppose is a positive as this is really where you spend 7 hours and the bathroom only 30 minutes.

I'm afraid the worst part of the stay for me was on leaving when I went down to check-out I was asked "do you mind waiting for a couple of minutes whilst we check your room"! This took me by surprise. I was dressed smartly in a shirt and tie, neat hair and clean shaven :). What were they expecting to find? I had slept in the bed and used the shower (took longer than planned due to low pressure). Was this extra?

Sorry but this is no way to treat guests, I explained it was a company booking and they had taken my credit card as a guarantee. I have stay in a couple of dozen Middle East hotels over the last 8 years and thank the Swiss-Belhotel for providing me with something I have never experienced before, the distrusting look and "can we check your room" comment. Choice.

It wasn't just me I found as the next guest was asked the same whilst I waited for the driver to take me to my meeting.

I gave the hotel average based on the overall experience as I did not want to allow the check-out comment to affect my review. Check-out comment included it would have 1 star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review.
Kindly accept our apologize for any inconvenient experience you had with us during your stay; kindly be informed that necessary action has been taken to address your concern. Please note that our property is under renovation but majority of our rooms has been refurbished with modern facilities that our guest will surely enjoy.

Best regards,

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stay in this place for business, during Ramadhan. They have a very nice restaurant, you should try it. Its like Majelis in local houses. got a nice feeling on how it felt like to became an Arabic. Location wise, a bit hidden, below you will find shopping centre to get some food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Alexandre,

Thank you for taking time to post a review for our property.
We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel next time you visit Kuwait.

Best Wishes,
Swis-belhotel Plaza Kuwait
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at swiss Belhotel on a business trip for 2 nights. The hotel is centrally located near couple of malls with decent food options in the vicinity. It is a decent 4star hotel for a short stay though you can make out that it's old. The rooms are spacious and bathroom not too cramped. The hotel provides wifi access in rooms as well as open areas. It is an indoor pool and small gym with mainly treadmills. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend it anyone who has to stay in Kuwait City for a short while and does not want to spend a lot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, E-commerce at Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your effort in taking your time to write a helpful review for our property.
We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit in Kuwait.
Godalming, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

...this place is ok for a night or two on business, but I wouldn't be inclined to use it for longer. The hotel has the sort of rooms where you are not surprised to find the classic iron burn on the carpet, and can't help but be slightly uneasy about the wiring and whether parts of the shower will fall off. It was also slightly amusing that the room had coffee-making facilities, but the kettle had a European two-pin plug (the hotel's outlets are actually UK-style 3-pin).

On the other hand, the restaurant facilities are good and the staff are very polite and friendly and if you plan to use your room only to sleep and are looking for a much lower cost than the 5 star chains, this is a reasonable option.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your effort to post a review for our hotel.
Please note that the owner and management continue seeking to offer the best service to our guest, in this regard, we are under process of refurbishing our rooms. We look forward to welcome you again.

Best wishes,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Starting with the location, I would say its good specially with a mall connected to it. Staff were nice & friendly.

Otherwise, nothing is impressive about this hotel. The rooms are extremely dull with very old furniture. Carpets were filled with dirt stains and looked very disgusting.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time and effort to post a review for our property.

We value your comment , the management always take a necessary action to address any concern. Room renovation is on going ang majority was refurbished with new canvas that warm up and endow the calm senses of of our guest.

We look forward to welcome you again in your next stay in Kuwait.

Best wishes,
Swiss-belhotel Plaza Kuwait
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The staff were kind but not professional enough.

Breakfast buffet was fine and the food at the cafe was tasty with fresh juices all at very reasonable prices.

Convenient location in the city centre. Near 2 shopping centres including the luxury Salihya mall.

The rooms were a mixed bag. Good comforatble beds, newly renovated bathroom (however old toilet seat) but the carpet was stained and the lights by the bedside could not be independently operated so one cannot read without disturbing the other.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
sales c, e-coomerce/sales coordinator at Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your views with the Trip Advisor community.

All of us are happy to know that you were pleased with the hotel location and the services
catered by our team.

We look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best services and attention at all time.

Best Regards
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Am currently staying here from mid-Dec till date on work. The location is very good (right in the city) . Though the hotel inside has an older look and feel more of the 70s, the staff makes up for it by being very positive and pleasant. The staff at the restaurant (breakfast) is also very pleasant.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly bigger.