Stayed for 1 night in November 2012 on business, pleasant enough arrival and hotel car from the airport was very good. Hotel reception is a little tacky and the cheap laminate flooring does not help.
Staff are friendly and helpful, this was a positive.
Rooms are well below a 4 star rating I would agree with other reviews it is 3 stars at best and European 2 star. Rooms are really poor, grubby and very badly finished in terms of detailing. The toilet in my room was filthy and I had to smile at the "sanitised' band around the lid and seat. Obviously this is added by default as my toilet was far from sanitised.
Shower was very low pressure, I would advise any one in a hurry to use only a little shampoo as if you work up a lather it will take you 10 minutes to wash it out. I overheard a group of guests at breakfast sharing the same complaint, so it's not just one room.
Bed was comfortable and clean which I suppose is a positive as this is really where you spend 7 hours and the bathroom only 30 minutes.
I'm afraid the worst part of the stay for me was on leaving when I went down to check-out I was asked "do you mind waiting for a couple of minutes whilst we check your room"! This took me by surprise. I was dressed smartly in a shirt and tie, neat hair and clean shaven :). What were they expecting to find? I had slept in the bed and used the shower (took longer than planned due to low pressure). Was this extra?
Sorry but this is no way to treat guests, I explained it was a company booking and they had taken my credit card as a guarantee. I have stay in a couple of dozen Middle East hotels over the last 8 years and thank the Swiss-Belhotel for providing me with something I have never experienced before, the distrusting look and "can we check your room" comment. Choice.
It wasn't just me I found as the next guest was asked the same whilst I waited for the driver to take me to my meeting.
I gave the hotel average based on the overall experience as I did not want to allow the check-out comment to affect my review. Check-out comment included it would have 1 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait is ideally located in the heart of the commercial and banking district, close to Grand Mosque of Kuwait, Kuwait towers, Liberation Tower and the Scientific Museum, just 20 minutes drive from the airport. Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait is managed by Swiss-Belhotel International, a hotel management company established in Hong Kong, which also manages properties in the Asia Pacific Region, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Hotel Kuwait City
- Swiss Hotel Plaza
- Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait Kuwait City