“If there are 30 better restaurants in Kuwait, I have yet to find most of them...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Hut Restaurant

Caribbean Hut Restaurant
Block 2 Street 16 Bldg. 70, Kuwait City 51008, Kuwait
+(965)55713750
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 263 restaurants in Kuwait City
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget
Description: For those of you who have always wanted to go on a Caribbean Getaway, here is your chance! Experience your Caribbean fantasy through your tastebuds. The Caribbean Hut is owned and operated by Chef Ibrahim Bader Al Boreeqee who is Boricua de pura cepa! The Caribbean Hut is also Kuwait’s first and only Puerto Rican Restaurant including the Middle East. We strive to bring a taste of the Caribbean cuisine through our freshly made-to-order menu all at an affordable price. Feel free to browse through our menu, drop by, and have a chat over a full belly or simply pre-order your food for takeaway. Relax, eat, and enjoy! We won’t bring you the check until you’re satisfied. Also, for those who love the Spanish language, aquí se habla Español!
Kuwait City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Caribbean Hut continues to do what it does best - serve simple homecooked food to a high standard.

If you are going home with a smile and a full stomach for less that KWD3.5 per head, I don't believe you can beat it for value for money.

Yes you can get better facilities, decor and music if you are happy to pay KWD10-15 per head elsewhere, but I believe that Caribbean Hut continues to punch way above its weight by offering a personal touch, a chef who is passionate about what he serves and a chef's father who so wants to see this establishment succeed.

On to of this, still the best free wifi in Kuwait.

We had Empanadas, Shrimp Mofongo, Cuban and Puerto Rican stews and leche flan to finish...

And I agree with an earlier reviewer - The Pina Coladas are to die for!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Manqaf
“Still going strong!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

So its been a while since I have been able to go to my favorite restaurant do to my job. I was sooooo happy to be able to go last month. I had me some mofongo de camarron ( shrimp ), some tostones, empanadillas, flan and the best Piña Colada any where in this part of the world. I was even surprised to see that they dropped a spot on the top ten list. Every time I have been there I see satisfied customers so it surprises me that there arent more excellent reviews. I hope this guys keep going and serving Puerto Rican food for decades to come.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kuwait
“Tasty food and nice friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Tasty simple food. Friendly service....As it was our first visit and not knowing Caribbean food the owner was more than happy to explain the type(s) of food on the menu. In the end we asked him to choose for us...we were not disappointed. We left with full stomachs and a smile on our face...What more do you want? We were 4 happy diners from different countries (Bangladesh,Iran,Thailand & England) so no matter your culture give it a try.....

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Taste of Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I wish I had written this sooner as I had intended to because this place is worthy of a review. I moved here recently and was surprised to find out there was an actual Puerto Rican restaurant. I'm Puerto Rican myself and can attest that the food is what you'd find on the island. Very humble yet inviting atmosphere, owners are very friendly, and the cost is, in my opinion, underpriced. If you're ever in the mood for something different give this place a try! And as for Puerto Ricans in Kuwait this is a must if you're craving the taste of la isla. :) 5 stars

• Visited July 2013
“Unique experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Though we are primarily vegetarians, we were inspired to try something new based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. At first glance, the place seemed too modest and small and we actually wondered if we were at the right Caribbean Hut. However, in the very first 2 - 3 minutes after we were seated, we felt at home. The father-son duo were extremely warm and amiable. We had limited choice to order from but whatever we ordered turned out to be yummy. We also ordered a dessert which was fabulous. The location of the restaurant is at Abu Halifa, block 2, street 16, which was easily accessible with the help of the directions that the owner provided us. It is very reasonably priced. We will definitely visit them again. Its a must try place.

• Visited September 2013