“The location is prime!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Safir Airport Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuwait City
Safir Airport Hotel
You added Safir Airport Hotel to your Saves list
PO Box 24851, Kuwait City 13109, Kuwait   |
Ranked #45 of 61 Hotels in Kuwait City
Chicago, Illinois
“The location is prime!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want to stay within the airport security, the Safir is a good place... basic bed and TV, internet is good, and the bathroom is decent. I've stayed here a couple of times, and the value is excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Evanston, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was forced to stay in this garbage dump type of Hotel and almost felt like i was blackmailed into paying $120 for it.

Story: Had booked Kuwait Airways flight ( worst decision ever, stay away from this airlines) to fly from Cairo to Mumbai from trip. Booked online and there was stop over in Kuwait City with next flight to Mumbai after 18 hours. At Cairo, the flight attendant blackmailed me by saying, since youre layover is more than 6 hours, i need to stay in this stupid place, they asked me to pay otherwise no boarding passes. I had no choice but to comply.

KA flight was 8 hours delayed to leave from Cairo. When at Airport in Kuwait, they took 3 hours to bring me to this hotel which is inside the airport. The hotel look like old run down hotel, it worse than Mumbai slum. The hotel staff is even more rude, they dont care about anything and cant speak English. The room was alright , but for $120 it was total ripoff. The lunch buffet food was so stale and hard that i ran away from there by just eating bananas and fresh fruits.
At night when my flight was there they called me down at brought at terminal.

Overall. dont stay there, but you might be forced to in that case, just take the room and go to sleep cursing yourself for flying Kuwait Airways.

Room Tip: Well no tips just deal with this like you have to pass this time. No choices here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stuck here by force. I will give kudos to the United Airlines employee who helped us figure out the process when you are stuck in Kuwait. There is absolutely no way I could have figured out what I needed to do or where to go to find a place to stay. At 1:30am we were stranded and had to go to the National Aviation Services desk to get an escort to take us to the airport hotel. A misnomer because the hotel is in the middle of a runway and you cannot walk or get there without an escort and a bus. We waited over an hour for our escort and then were dragged all over the airport looking for an open gate to get outside for bus pickup. The hotel rooms are incredibly small with 2 twin size beds and more akin to a dorm room. We did not have any views as we were looking out at an adjacent building. There are no vending machines so no way to get anything to drink without going thru room service. DO NOT EAT AT THE BUFFET. Horrible food, incredibly overpriced. Oh, I forgot to mention they take yr passport and keep it in an open cubby behind the reception desk. The business center has 2 computers with keyboards so old the letters have worn off and no available printer. Everything about this place is dirty, smelly, old and tired. The adventure continued when I asked about getting a ride back to the airport the next evening to catch our flight. I was told to call reception 2 hours ahead of time and give them the time of pickup. Called for a 9 pm pickup and then waited an hour and 40 minutes (10:40 pm) with multiple phone calls being told a bus was on the way before a hotel employee took pity on my family and took us over to the airport in a Kuwait airways bus. While I thought I was giving myself plenty of time to get something to eat and check in, we had 20 minutes before going thru security. The excuse at the NAS desk was that they had no buses, to which I said, then why did you tell me 5 times a bus was on the way? He then keeps repeating he had no buses. You give up on logic at that point. My family was panicky and almost in tears and we have never been so glad to get out of a hotel and out of an airport to date. I wish you luck if you have to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ankara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Without my control, I had to stay in this hotel. Bed sheets,pillowcases covered with previous guests hairs.Room service very poor, no red meat available at the hotel at the time of visit.Food delivered to room with plastic spoon, plastic knife and plastic fork .
If you order a coke, thy do not bring glass ... you have to order it seperatley if you like to drink your coke in a glass.Shoe prints in the shower tub.
There is not even a small bottle of water available in the minibar...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Would I stay at this hotel again? No. Would I recommend this hotel to friends? No. The only reason you would stay at this hotel is if you were flying on an outward bound flight from Kuwait City  and your flight was been canceled and the airline put you up in this hotel.

The best thing this hotel has going for it is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, even in your room.

The only restaurant is a small buffet line -  there is no à la cart dining. There also is no store inside the hotel to buy snacks or conscience items. You're not allowed to leave the hotel because you're literally in the middle of the runway system (see photos).

I will say our room and bathroom were clean, sheets were clean, and the linen was clean. The staff tried to be helpful but they just weren't very competent.

I have uploaded some photos of this hotel. If you found this review helpful please let me know by clicking the helpful button thank you.

• Stayed September 2012
Calenzano, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

pool was closed, staff really unkind. bad smell on all the floor. air con system wasn t working. considering that in the lobby is allow to smoke, there was an unpleasant smell of smoke.
rooms are dirty, small and smelly. i took one of my own towel for sleeping on that bed.
Food is below the average.

Room Tip: just don't go
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

3. The shop was not open

4. The pool was closed

5. The gym was not worth going to

6. The service from the staff was crap to say the least

7. To be charged for a cup of coffee that had been brewing for hours and having no milk available is deplorable

8. I needed money changed to return into Iraq - your staff would not help me - I ended up lending it off a fellow worker - who incidently left a day early as he was so pissed off with the service.

9. There were continual arguments outside my room - I had to open my bedroom door and ask them to - SHUT UP!

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Safir Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!