“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Kuwait City

You added Crowne Plaza Kuwait City to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Kuwait City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. BOX 18544 | Airport Road 55, Kuwait City 81006, Kuwait   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Kuwait City
Dubai
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Well trained staff very helpful and service oriented food is very good and gym area and swimming pool is great
I will visit again

• Stayed May 2012
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kuwait City, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review in the Tripadvisor.

Your satisfaction is our most important goal and it will not only make our hotel successful but also our work more satisfying.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the days to come.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

perfect for business , very good location , Excellent services , and when you have time go to the best Spa in Kuwait

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let us know of your experience during your recent stay here at Crowne Plaza Kuwait.

It is encouraging for us to receive such praise and we look forward to welcoming you on a return visit to Crowne Plaza Kuwait.

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My recent stay at the Crowne Plaza was Outstanding, as a club member, I was taken to the eight floor where I was welcome by Rose. She had provided me with the most outstanding welcome I ever had in my 20 years of traveling around the world. I felt that I knew her for ever. Rose, Thank you for been such a nice person, your professional work make me feel like been around my family, I'm going to miss you. Then, I run across Andrea in the hallway, she welcome me and provided me with a familiarization tour of the hotel, wonderful ! Normally, when I arrived in any hotel, you feel that you are lost, but Andrea did not allowed that to happen, she showed me the most impressive SPA I ever saw, and all the amenities the hotel had, I felt like a millionaire!, and with her tour, I never got that feeling of been lost in a hotel, Thank you Andrea your smile and hard work make me feel like Pro, Keep up the good work! Then, I went to the club lounge in the eight floor, Great food, excellent coffee, but better than that was the outstanding service of tree special attendant. First, Leo, he cook my eggs every morning the way I really like, had a smile in his face, and make you feel really nice, and cook the eggs with special touch, keep the good work, then here come Lito, he serve my coffee and my orange juice in my favor table automatic. This duo make your morning start with the most warming touch that remove the morning stress out of your day, I'm going to miss you guys! good work!. Well, this is the morning, but guess what? here come the afternoon at the lounge, you get the most impressive welcome again with a beautiful laddie, Marithes. She make your afternoon lovely! Her personality smile and attendance make you feel like home, I love her, she treat me like my daughter, I had a great time at the lounge every afternoon. To all of you Thank You! Your professional, dedicated support and enthusiasm make my stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kuwait one of the best stays in my 20 year of carrier traveling around the world. I really going to miss all of these Outstanding personnel that make my stay feel like home with my own family Great Job!! Miss you all, I will be looking for all of you in my next trip to Kuwait! Thank you again!!!

Room Tip: Just let the outstanding personnel take care of you, they do a wonderfull job!!
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments with regards to your Club Executive floor check-in experience, lounge facilities and the attentiveness of the staff, your comments are indeed very much valued and appreciated.

Your commendations and thanks have been passed on to Rose, Andrea, Leo, Lito and Marithes as they join me in thanking you for your praises.

I trust we will see you again soon for another enjoyable and quality stay at the Crowne Plaza Kuwait - THE PLACE TO MEET.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This hotel didn't get off to a great start for me. They have a desk at the airport once you exit the baggage claim.... and no one was there even though I had a reservation and they should have been expecting me. The next desk over managed to contact the person and (15 minutes later) I was finally on my way to the hotel.

The hotel isn't but about 5 minutes from the airport-- so it was a short and pleasant drive. As soon as I walked in, the staff was very nice and I quickly forgot about the bad aftertaste from the airport.

Anyways, no one wants to read this whole novel, so let me cut to the bullet points:

The GOOD:
-Nine restaurants inside the hotel-- I ate as the sushi one (pretty good really) and the buffet one downstairs (good food, good selection).
-The rooms are clean an elegant. They are a step above almost every room I have stayed at in the Middle East. Nothing falling apart, everything is new, shiny and well made.
-5 minutes from the airport-- with shuttles running to the airport on the hour
-Staff is amazing and helpful. I had to leave every morning before breakfast opened and the cute lady behind the counter helped make sure room service dropped off a breakfast to my tastes every morning.
-The hotel just looks cool. You feel spoiled.
-Internet. I didn't try Skype to verify the speed, but it seemed fast, plus it was free.

The MEDIOCRE:
-Location if you want to wander around. They are very close to the airport... but there really aren't any malls or anything in the area that I noticed.
-Desk at the airport wasn't staff. This may have been a "one-off", and they profusely apologized later, but they could have had a better start in my books.
-The pillows are a bit too soft. It seemed like my head sunk right through them. Not a huge deal, but you get the idea.
-If you're on an interior room (overlooking the lobby), you can hear the piano softly wafting in until about 10PM. I didn't mind it, but it might drove some people crazy.
The BAD:
-Nothing. It's in Kuwait? Really, I have nothing to complain about for this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a Priority Rewards Card before you go!!! I had next to zero points on mine, but I pulled it out...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kuwait City, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Kuwait.

We appreciate when guest take time out of their busy schedules to provide us with some open and honest feedback about our services.

It is with a great disappointment to learn that we were not able to provide you the arrival experience that we usually aim for at the airport. Rest assured that we have immediately rectified the meet and greet process and every effort is being made to ensure that it is not repeated.

Equally we are also pleased to know that the rest of your stay was a pleasant one starting with the selection of the restaurants, cleanliness of the room, professionalism of the staff and the internet facilities.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate your business and truly want to make your experience as pleasant as possible and we hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza Hotel for your future travel needs in Kuwait.

Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks on the Club Level (8th floor). The room rate was 9KD higher for the Executive Club rooms, but it was totally worth it. The personal concierge, personal check-in / check-out service and passes to the Pearl Lounge at the Kuwait airport were very nice perks. Additionally, the free breakfast at the Al-Ahmadi restaurant and Club Lounge were fantastic. The fitness center was very large (squash courts, basketball courts, weight room, cardio rooms, classes, etc) and was well appointed, though I did not take advantage of the spa services. All in all, the Crowne treated me like they cared and it made a long stay away from home nice. The only down side is that the location is 15 minutes from the center of Kuwait City, so if you're looking to be close to activity, you'll have to drive or take a cab.

Room Tip: Hotel is under construction adding a new wing, rooms on the spa side of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kuwait City, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and assure you that this kind of feedback is very stimulating and makes our work even more pleasant.

Your complimentary comments about our Concierge, Check-in, Check-out and the quality of the food are very much valued.

I trust we will see you again soon for another enjoyable and quality stay at the Crowne Plaza Kuwait.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was very impressed with the hotel's innovation in making promotions for business customers since I not only received an upgrade on my room but was also provided wifi for free and even received a pearl lounge pass for my return trip to Dubai. The hotel has excellent theme restaurants and has provided me great service during my stays.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I just got back to the States from a 3-night stay at the Kuwait Crown Plaza. My review may be a little biased because I had club access, but this was a far better hotel experience than any I have had in Kuwait previously. The staff was super courteous, the customer rep in the Club, Rose Espanto, was particularly helpful with every request we had. We had our choice of Club or main restaurant breakfast buffet, included in our room tab - with made to order omlets both locations. Complimentary transport to and from the hotel and airport, which was only 5 minutes away from the hotel - very convenient. Room, linens, bedding, furnishings - all abundant, comfortable, and in good working order. Laundry service pricey but fast and they did a good job on my clothes. I think I will become a regular at this hotel based on my experience this week. Yes, the new addition is still under construction, but it had no impact on my stay at all.

Room Tip: Ask for club floor access.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Kuwait City? Share your experiences!