TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“good base in Tehran” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parsian Kowsar Hotel Tehran

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Parsian Kowsar Hotel Tehran
You added Parsian Kowsar Hotel Tehran to your Saves list
No 8 Shahid Malaee Ave., Vali E Asr Str., Tehran, Iran   |
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Tehran
London
“good base in Tehran”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

we had a pair of interconnecting rooms which was good with the two children. there is a really nice ice-cream and tea house in the lobby where we spent happy hours waiting for iranian friends to show up! Sadly it was a seperate chain so we couldn't add the bill to our room bill.It was in a small ally way off the noisy street.It is very peaceful and the reception staff were always helpful,even when we arrived at 4 O'Clock in the morning!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sandvika, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

Stayed one night. The room smelled so we slept with the window open.
Helpful staff, the taxi office was at the entrance to the hotel. Near a busy shopping street.

We used it only for 8 hours as we were in transit and needed to sleep. Adequate for our purpose.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
france
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

after few month, i decide to post some pictures of the hotel where I staid 2 times.
I was a second good experience, with some improvements (internet access, restaurant changed into a buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinners...) Helpfull english speaking staff at the desk....
:-)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

Stayed at the Kowsar for a total of 10 days. Although it is not flash, it is clean, the rooms are large and all the staff are friendly and helpful. It is also well located near the post office and shops. It's only 20 minutes walk to the Metro or you can catch a hotel taxi which are at the door. There may be other hotels that are more modern, but overall I was happy with my stay there.
Staff in the restaurant were very pleasant and one evening opened the restaurant half an hour early because I was very hungry.
Internet connection was excellent. Only problem is that the keypad sticks sometimes.
Iran isn't tourist-oriented (this is one of its many charms) so one should have realistic expectations. Many of the hotels were built before the revolution 30 years ago, the economy is not booming, so the hotels are not of the standard that some tourists expect. My feeling was that even with this, the Kowsar staff are extremely professional.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nice
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

This hotel is becoming old. It is not at all a good choice in Teheran, following iranian advices. The restaurant is not very good (even the breakfast), the rooms are rather 2 stars out of standard than 3 stars. I had no hot water at all in the bathroom n the morning
of April 18th. Some rooms are a little bit broken and the general impression is that nobody cares about reparations. The internet access is the worse I ever had in Iran.

It is OK for 3 or 4 nights, but considering the price of 75 euros per nignt, we find much better in Europe for this price and also in Iran (for the same price I had the Kowsar in Ispahan which is very good and modern).

• Liked — pretty calm, not facing a large arterial street
  • Disliked — really becoming old
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

Its not that bad! I stayed in May and it was fine. Desk staff were helpful, although they made me wait an age for the bell hop when I was perfectly happy to carry my own bags.

I found the bed comfortable, bathroom spotless and the aircon definitely was working.

Food in Iranian restaurants is boring, its kebab and rice or kebab and rice. Thats just the way it is.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — exterior (ugly)
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

We stayed at the Kowsar in April while in Tehran on vacation. It was one of the most unpleasant hotels I have stayed at.

I'll start with the good:
* The location in the northern suburbs of Tehran is reasonable. There are many interesting interesting shops near by.

Now the bad:
* The staff at the front desk are rude and unhelpful. We stood there for about 10 minutes and they just ignored us, despite the fact there were no other guests. They barely spoke a word of English. The only nice member of staff is the guy who takes the bags. He was very friendly, even though no English. He smiled a lot.
* The rooms are "oh so 70s", with a deep velvet colorsheme.
* The TV had two English channels (BBC and CNN) but they would stop working after about 5 seconds - thus both completely unwatchable.
* The lift is so small it can barely fit one person. It plays very cheesy music over and over again, and you can hear in your room.
* The bathroom is dirty. When we turned on the tap the water was brown for about 5 minutes.
* The airconditioning did not work in the entire hotel. Even though it was only cool outside it was incredibly hot in the rooms. It must have been 100F - so amazingly uncomfortable. I changed to another room, and still there was no airconditioning. But this room had a bigger window, which is why I was moved there. The guy who moved my bags opened up the window and suggested I leave it open all night. But it was so noisy outside. It was therefore a choice between being unbelievably hot with no noise, or being only really really hot, and endure the morning light and traffic noice. During the night I woke up 10+ times covered in sweat. Terrible. But better that the first room which had basically no windows.
* The restaurant in the lobby is deserted - with good reason. We couldnt find anything else for lunch on our first day nearby, so used the restaurant. It was the most disgusting and overpriced (like US$50 for 2) meal I had in Iran. And the wait staff were smoking and blowing it all over our food.

In Iran, things are different to the rest of the world. That's true. We stayed at some other hotels with character on our trip. But the Kowsar Hotel is one of the worst hotels I have ever had the misfortune to spend the night. There are some beautiful 5* hotels in Tehran which you should stay at, keep away from this place. Or if you want somewhere cheap, try the Omid Hotel which we stayed at on our way back through Tehran. Room cost is cheaper than the Kowsar (about US$40), the rooms are nice and modern, and the hotel is at least clean.

The Kowsar Hotel in Shiraz is also really bad. The Kowsar Hotel in Isfahan is amazing - beautiful hotel.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Parsian Kowsar Hotel Tehran? Share your experiences!