“Dated and poorly maintained” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Palace Hotel Bahrain

You added Ramada Palace Hotel Bahrain to your Saves list
Ramada Palace Hotel Bahrain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Exhibition Avenue, Gudaibiya District | P.O. Box 2243, Manama, Bahrain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manama
Ahmadi, Kuwait
“Dated and poorly maintained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a long weekend and staff to be very friendly and helpful but the hotel is tired and dated with poor facilities that have not been well maintained over the years.

We stayed in one of the suites and came to conclusion that it had been decorated in mid to late 1980's and although tidy it could have done with a deep clean. We were not offered a no smoking room and the room had definitely seen some smokers over the years.

We have young children and therefore spent our evenings in the suite. There were two televisions in the suite but the one in the lounge only had about 4 English channels and the one in the bedroom didn't work. There were no premium channels available and no dvd player. In particular, no childrens channels were available.

There is wi-fi internet available but the signal was extremely poor in our suite, to the point that even the basic google home page took a long time to load. As far as I'm concerned they may as well not have bothered. I did however discover later that signal strength is stronger in other parts of the hotel.

There was a mini bar in the room and we consumed some items on our first night which were not replaced for the duration of our stay. This wasn't a big deal as room service was prompt but it just added complexity.

Leisure facilities do exist but services appear to have been withdrawn over years and never replaced. The pool area is dimly lit and fairly intimidating. Certainly not welcoming for the family.

For sure we could have complained about some of the above and no doubt the friendly staff would have done their best to resolve issues but I've done more than my fair share of complaining over the years and just couldn't be bothered this time. I just like going to a hotel where things are right and I don't have to complain to achieve what I regard as basic service.

Overall, our stay was not unpleasant but I'm sure there are much better hotels in Bahrain for the same price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The rooms were large and grand. Marble bathroom with new fixtures. Beds were comfortable. Everything was clean and well kept. Breakfast was hearty, prepared to order and included with the rate.

The hotel was lacking, however, when it came to location. Very few business people are in this area, and I certainly got looks from my colleagues when I announced where I was staying. The surprise was due to the fact that the hotel is located in an area with massage parlors and rampant prostitution. The surrounding streets are dirty and crowded.

The hotel has several excellent restaurants, but there is a lack of food options outside the hotel. In a future visit, I would seek a hotel in an area with more westerners.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Its one of those hotels which are average. Nothing to complain but also nothing to mention. Its clean but can be a little loud at night since the surroundings are quite busy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Lazise, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel where I stayed for three days recently was good. It is a safe place to stay while you are in Bahrain. It is reasonably price too. There is shuttle service to the airport. The hotel service is great. The room we stayed in was good, clean and tidy. It offered a comfortable stay. At nights it was quite and hence I could sleep well. There were some basic amenities in the room. The staffs were quite helpful and very concerned about the comfortable stay of the guests. I admired them a lot. The food served here is fine. I simply loved the varietal and adequate breakfast. Overall, I got more than what I expected from this hotel for the price I had paid.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I am very disappointed with the dishonesty that this hotel displayed. I booked a room for the weekend at a certain rate, and then the hotel raised that rate at check out. When I told them that this was extremely unprofessional and dishonest, they simply said that I had to pay it. In terms of the hotel itself, the room and services were adequate. However, I didn't see one other guest there all weekend; all the restaurants and lounges were ghost towns. When I arrived I wondered why (I thought maybe because of the military checkpoints and political unrest)--however, now I see why people aren't staying there. My advice, there are many similar other hotels to choose from, so this one is not worth the risk. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Though it is little far off (3 km) from City Centre, it is worth going for it. Service with a smile can be found throughout the hotel, right from security to reception to room service to restaurant. Very affordable and high value for money. Located in busy shopping area, the roads may look little cramped, but without bothering your journey.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I was in Bahrain in June 2010, and stayed in this hotel. I had a mixed of the experiences over here.
1. The location of hotel is bad, too crowded and congested. However around the hotel you have goo eateries.

2. The staff sometimes was very helpful and other times, sounded rude.

3. They have average pool and health center. Though a very awkwardly designed locker rooms, washrooms and wet areas... all separate, so you need to walk outdoors to go from one place to other.

4. Airport pickup and drop is good. In fact once I left my passport and reached hotel. The driver took pains to drive me back and collect my passport and got be back at Airport, without any complaints. I appreciate that concern.

5. Food is very average....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Palace Hotel Bahrain? Share your experiences!