“Fresh and Exciting!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maki Bahrain

Maki Bahrain
Bahrain World Trade Center | West Tower, King Faisal Highway, Manama 2535, Bahrain
973 17522733
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 292 Restaurants in Manama
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Maki Bahrain is the “crown jewel” of Moda Mall and the World Trade Center in Manama. After a long day shopping the most prestigious brands at the mall, settle at Maki Bahrain for a fine Japanese fusion meal. The lounge is ideal for business and private functions, and after-hours unwinding!
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh and Exciting!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

For any lovers of Japanese food, Maki never fails to impress! From the minute you arrive, the staff are friendly and welcoming, the menu is exciting, fresh and healthy, with the new addition of brown rice sushi which was delicious and something I have not seen or tried before. I love the fusion of fresh herbs with the sushi which really compliments the fish and brings out the flavour. I like the fact I can see the dishes on the big screen tv's to help me decide when ordering as I like to try new things every time i come and I have never been disappointed! Next time I will make sure i save some room for the delicious looking deserts!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Joe H, Group Business Development and Marketing Director at Maki Bahrain, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Valued Maki Guest,

Thank you for your visit and your kind review. We are very glad you enjoyed your experience. Since you like healthful dishes, we highly recommend the new, exclusive Tartufo Red Quinoa Salad™. We also recently launched the new, decadent dessert Mini Do San™ that you do not want to miss. Looking forward to hosting you again soon.

• Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
“Windy city treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hardest part about getting into the excellent Maki Restaurant is fighting the waterfront gale when it blows. After that, it is easy. Good ambiance,well except for the television in the main restaurant (As Marilyn Monroe once opined, televisions have no place in the bedroom - so let me add, nor do they in a restaurant, no matter how much they promote Japan, for the short loop soon becomes an irritant when you see it the tenth time!). Friendly welcome, good wait-staff, efficient, courteous and as expert on the operation of the iPad menus as their culinary advice. (Alas none of ours was Bahraini, something the island is crying out for - more Bahrainis in hospitality jobs!). The menu was extensive - and inviting - the service was speedy, the food presentation engaging to the eye and perfect to the taste although I must admit to having little experience of Japanese food. We started with the Tempura prawns - lightly battered and delicious, then my wife had the lobster -superb - and I had the Teppan Angus Beef and Shitake mushrooms, light and flavoursome. We finished off with Third Dan mini somethings - donuts with decorative ice-cream, again, wonderfully presented. And home before the moon had risen, blown to the car by the winds that had held us back on arrival. Loved the place, meal and service - saddened only by the fact that there were so few patrons in such a top notch place. Then again, the Lebanese place in the same complex, had only one couple.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Valued Maki Guest,

Thank you for your visit and your kind review. We are very glad you enjoyed your experience. As for the TV screens they are there mainly for our lounge and sometimes play other promotional videos of our dishes to help patrons decide on what to eat out of our extensive maki-roll menu. However, we will surely look into your comment about them as we take guest comments to “heart”. We are also happy that you enjoyed our newest, decadent dessert the Mini Do San™. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Manama, Bahrain
“Good Restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a luxury restaurant that offers japanese food. The dishes are all very delicious. I recommend everyone to eat at this restaurant. I love the location since it is in the centre of manama and it is located in the luxury mall (moda mall). The food is great. The atmosphere is also good where the lights are dimmed although it is a bit dark. I love all their food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Joe H, Group Business Development and Marketing Director at Maki Bahrain, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Valued Maki Guest,

Thank you for your visit and your kind review. We really appreciate your patronage and would like to invite you to check out our special monthly event “15 Moments of Magical Fusion Cuisine” which features an amazing array of tastes. Please check with management for details. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

“Perfect Every Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We arranged a booking at Maki for some visiting investors in bahrain who were particularly difficult to please and we were trying to close an important deal. The visitors are in the food business and have traveled and dined world wide and had seen everything. I was nervous because I kept hearing that they had tried a number of the top restaurants in bahrain and nothing had impressed them.

I arrived early and preordered the food. The clients soon turned up, all serious and dry faced and they insisted on just water and green tea. I was hoping to loosen them up a bit with some of the fine wines but this was not to be. Within the first bite of the now famous Tara II Maki, I need not have bothered to worry at all as my clients' serious demur changed and they livened up. The next to arrive was the Fusion IV and I knew from then on and the warming expression of their faces this was not only going to go down well, but it was really appreciated. It exceeded all expectations and one of the guests admitted this was one of the finest dining experiences he had tried any where and has been pretty much all over the world.

Maki makes it perfect every time and I wish to extend sincere thanks to all the great and friendly staff who should be proud of such a fine establishment.

Dear Valued Maki Guest,

Your kind words and your patronage are what we highly value. Our award-winning Japanese fusion and hospitality are what we take pride in, and promise our guests a wonderful dining experience every time. We thank you again and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
“I am in Love with Maki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am in love with Japanese food and experiment eating all types of sushi, maki, sashimi. However, my husband and son do not share my enthusiasm for any unfamiliar, uncooked foods especially seafood, so I sadly go for long periods without enjoying Japanese. I recently checked the Maki website in Bahrain and found such a variety of unique fusion dishes displaying colorful, sumptuous dishes. This convinced me to attempt to share my favorite cuisine in the company of my family by inviting them to Maki.

We decided to go to an early Friday lunch and avoid the weekend evening crowd and we were happy to find available parking right at their back door entrance. When we entered the restaurant we were immediately greeted by a friendly waitress who asked if we were new visitors and quickly seated us at a comfortable open table on the center floor. The decor was chic and trendy designed with clean lines for an cool evening occasion but we felt homey sitting in a cozy area where the bright sun was streaming from the window.

Looking over the menu was tedious but the waitress was helpful and patient with us as she politely described every dish we asked about. Although I could easily select for myself, I decided to rely on our waitress to recommend dishes for us. With the variety of food available I was so pleased the waitress quickly selected the Fusion Temaki and the Nano Maki for my husband and the Akami Carpaccio for myself. My husband was surprised how light and fresh the Fusion Temaki and how tasty the Nano Maki were while I indulged in the delicate and delicious flavors of the Akami Carpaccio.

My son struggled with the free chopsticks when he tried to pick up his salmon sushi but the waitress quickly returned with a pair of “special easy chopsticks” provided for children. We enjoyed watching our son learning how to pick up his sushi from the waitress and dip it in the wasabi and soy sauce that she carefully mixed for him. It was so captivating that eventually my husband wanted some “special easy chopsticks” for himself!

I want to thank the friendly staff of the Maki restaurant for their excellent service, for converting my husband to delicious fusion Japanese food and especially for giving my family such a memorable and pleasurable family lunch together.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Valued Maki Guest,

Thank you for your visit and for your kind review. We really appreciate and value you your patronage and it is a pleasure to have had the chance host you. Look for our new healthful quinoa dishes like the Tartufo Red Quinoa Salad™, and Tartufo Red Quinoa Maki™. Additionally, plan you New Year’s dinner with us and you will experience a very tasty meal that will prepare you for the rest of the night.