“Business Friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa

You added The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa to your Saves list
The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building 59, Road 1701, Block 317 | Diplomatic Area, Manama 5243, Bahrain   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Manama
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Business Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good business hotel with business friendly features - quick check in and check out. Not very far from airport (this may apply to most hotels in Manama), nice breakfast and extra special in providing stay in the residence wing with suite like rooms. There were a couple of incidents which were a bit irritating - I was on company booking and during check in they did not take a deposit but when room service was ordered the waiter delivering the food insisted that I need to pay immediately which was awkward and a first for me in a 5 star property. The second was while during check in the reception staff was more concerned when I will check out the next day and repeatedly asked the same more than 3-4 times considering that the meeting that I was attending which was in the same hotel the next day was till 3 PM. The above is the only reason I am rating average on service is due to the above

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GM-RDBlu, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Kannan,

Thank you for taking the time in offering constructive feedbak on your recent stay with us. I am naturally displeased that we had embarrased you when ordering room service. It clearly seems that the check in process was not as efficient as it should have been. I have taken the necessary steps to ensure this type of dissatisfier does not occur in the future.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa.

Panos Panagis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Basildon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

5 star quality hotel which is impossible to fault. The staff are extremely friendly and maintain the highest standards on the Raddison Blu hotels worldwide. The location is convenient for the airport but needs a taxi ride, which is not expensive, into the centre.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for taking the time to offer positive feedback on your recent stay at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa. It is always encouraging to hear good comments about the hotel. I am looking forward meeting you in person when you are next in Bahrain.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is nicely located near the airport. It features a very nice buffet restaurant. Gym is small but practical. try getting a room at the executive floor. Its ideal for quick 2 day business trip and staff is friendly

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GM-RDBlu, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Mohamed,

I am delighted to see your positive comments during your stay with us.

I look forward welcoming you back to the Hotel when your travel next brings to Bahrain.

Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Smooth check in, very friendly staff.
Hotel is very handy to airport and has nice restaurant options, slightly disappointed with the room and bathroom. Decor was very old and slightly shabby.
Everything else fine.

Dear Jack

Thank you for taking the time in offering us your feedback. It is always good to hear positive feedback on our team's effort to provide good service. I am taking on board your comments on the room and would like to assure you that we are currently working on the plans for a possible refurbsihment in the near future.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Bahrain.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

After my personal experience with the hotel, I would recommend a try!! but please read my review, specially the summary at the end with some tips

My stay with Diplomat Radisson started extremely bad, and here are the main highlights,
• Check in process was not smooth because of a junior staff, and the front desk manager could not intervene on time!
• Embarrassment...could not sign any bills on the room with a reason being “ you didn’t pay a deposit”...Really!!
• As I was hosting two major functions in the hotel (wedding) I was entitle for a two-night stay in the hotel Suite!! Had major issues!! mini bar was locked... bathroom problems!! Really!!

HOWEVER, there was a rebound point!!

After my first party, I was upset so I asked to talk to the manager in charge. Mr. Tony Johnson immediately responded and joined me for a small meeting. The minute I mentioned I am hosting two major events and I am terribly upset, Mr. Tony politely stopped me and asked if he could invite the general manager of the hotel to join us. Within no time, Mr. Panos Panagis joined. At this point I realized, those people are taking their business seriously. Well as expected after this point, I was immediately upgraded to Royal luxury suite (Surely recommended) and from that point my stay in the hotel was extremely satisfactory.
At first I wanted to avoid the negative experience and just point out the positives, but I thought if I have done that, I completely missed out the senior management actions and prompt involvement in the case.

In Summary,
• The hotel is a 5 star and in my opinion I would rank it one of top 4 hotels in Bahrain.
• If you're thinking to host your wedding or main function, please talk to Soumya. This lady would do her best to help. Top class coordinator.
• Rooms are ok!! But, ask for the new extension rooms, they are outstanding
• Location is perfect, 7 min from the airport, 5 min from main dining area “Adlyia”, and 7 min to Seef area “shopping malls”.. and for business its excellent location, located in the Diplomatic area
• And most important, if things don’t look right just remember those names
Mr.Panos Panagis , General Manager
And
Mr. Tony Johnson. Regional Security Manager
Both gentlemen take their business seriously, and do get things done !!

Good luck

Room Tip: Ask for the new extension rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hussein,

Firstly allow me to pass mine and the team's appreciation for taking the time to sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. The process of explaining the not so satisfactory start of your stay and the way things were turned around, I found most contructive. It is, as explained unfortunate that errors occured during your arrival for which once again I would like to apologize. As you can see from other comments on this medium our strength lies in the commitment of our staff in offering friendly and efficient service with a 'Yes I can' philospophy. Following our conversation changes in procedures will enhance our approach even further.

I look forward welcoming you back to the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa in the near future.

Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

All what you need you find it here. Healthy and tastefully food, very big rooms, perfect location and friendly professional staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel to business or leisure travelers to Bahrain

• Stayed April 2013
GM-RDBlu, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Brahim R,

I am delighted to see your positive comments during your second stay with us.

s
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stay here for two nights modern hotel room spacious and comfortable with large window for a view of Manama, the pool is area is lovely and relaxin staff are friendly we dined at the italian restaurant Mondo at the hotel the food was tasty and nicely cooked, a thoroughly enjoyable stay best hotel i have stayed at in Bahrain, shall be staying again although a little expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MissJG23,

Thank you for taking the time in offering us your feedback.

Been to The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa? Share your experiences!