You added The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa to your Saves list
The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building 59, Road 1701, Block 317 | Diplomatic Area, Manama 5243, Bahrain   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Manama
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Nothing but good things to say ... friendly and helpful staff ... clean, comfortable, quiet rooms ... beautiful pool and spa ... great restaurants. Highly recommended and I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at the Diplomat and have been pleased on both occasions. The gym is great, the food options are diverse, and the business atmosphere is perfect for any planned business trips to Bahrain. I far as I could tell it was the closest Western Hotel to the Airport which made arrival and departure quite worry free. The holel is under renovation and seems to being a fine job of it. Currently the main entrance is closed but more than adequite arrangements were made through the residence portion of the property. During check-in I had some confussion with my reservation (I had two...) the receptionist helped me find the best value for my needs and cancelled the duplicate; I accept that I may have created the problem but they worked the solution as if it was their error. Nice to see geniune custormer service. Their are other hotel options in Manama but none provide the same value:service ratio as the Radisson.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed for two nights whilst visiting friends in Bahrain.

I knew where to find the hotel from previous trips to Bahrain and drove myself in a rental car from the airport. There is construction work going on in the neighorhood and I had to circle the block three times before deciding to drive up what appeared to be the exit ramp off the main highway and into the hotel. There was no room in the hotel car park and no valet so I ended up parking on some waste ground across the ramp from the hotel. I commented to the check-in staff that the hotel entrance ramp was hard to find and they then told me that I had taken the correct route and it is correct that you have to make a sharp U-turn off the highway and along a ramp that clearly indicates its an exit not an entrance. I suggested that a sign might be helpful.

I was left to find my own way to the room which was fine as I was travelling light. The room was comfortable but decorated in a very 1980s style. The TV had a decent enough range of English channel but my biggest complaint would be the exorbitant charge for wifi - around USD 30 per day! I know the hotel would argue that broadband is expensive in Bahrain (as in the rest of the region) but this place does claim to be 5* and charges 5* prices for rooms. Wifi access should be free. I didn't have any issues with the wifi speed unless others posting on here.

I checked out the Irish pub on the ground floor of the hotel which had a good atmosphere and decent band.

Used the gym both days and it was well equipped. There are separate gyms for men and women. The outdoor pool looked good but it was too cold in January to use. I understand that the women's gym has an indoor pool attached.

On Fridays the hotel hosts a brunch which bizzarely takes place in the main hotel lobby. This means that the lobby is cordoned off and the reception desk is moved to the rear of the hotel. Guests have to enter and exit the hotel using the rear entrance. I don't see why the hotel can't use the dining rooms or a function suite for the brunch as that would be less disruptive to hotel guests.

I tried to take my friends to the top floor cocktail bar on the Friday night but found it was closed indefinitely. This leaves the Irish pub as the only bar and it was packed with a post-brunch crowd on Friday night (as I remember it was last time I visited the hotel).

Overall I would say the Diplomat is an OK place for a couple of nights. The Novotel is close by and is more atmostpheric plus has its own beach. The Ritz Carlton is a far better, but much more costly, option.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
RickErdos, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2011
Dear Mr. Jimmbean.

Thank you for choosing The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa for your recent visit to Bahrain. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Fiddlers Green and that you found our gym facilities enjoyable. Your feedback in regards to the difficulties you experienced in parking along with your observations of the lobby brunch are very much appreciated and noted. I would like to apologize for your disappointment with our Wi-Fi service but we along with all other five star hotels in Bahrain are required to charge for internet access, within our Residence it is complimentary.

Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Rick Erdos
The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa Bahrain.
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Nice hotel, nice rooms, and very good breakfast !! We will go back

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
RickErdos, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Dear EtienneC2

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for the warm comments about the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Diplomat Radisson Hotel, Residence and Spa Bahrain.

The Diplomat Radisson Hotel,
Residence and Spa Bahrain
Tiffin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Perhaps the nicest hotel in Bahrain. Comfortable rooms (though the beds are on the hard side) with free Internet and all the better amenities. First class club lounge with really pleasant staff - but that is also a main attraction of this hotel - smiling genuinely pleasant and helpful staff - no exceptions! The Spa is also world class with world class massage and spa facilities. Hotel location is excellent. There are renovations ongoing and we will be back when they are completed. A neat place to go to see in the New Year.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
RickErdos, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Dear ExpertComptable

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The Diplomat Radisson Hotel, Residence and Spa Bahrain
Va Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stayed at the Dip about 6 months ago and I said I'd probably pick another hotel next time I am in Bahrain. I should have. I am a non smoker and unfortunately, I was given a room reeking with cigarette smoke. I tried for 3 days to get moved to a non-smoking room but I kept getting the same response - "We do not have one available" - which is hard to believe. I had to ask housekeeping to spray the room with some kind of scent to mask the smoke smell. I never saw a smile out of the reception desk staff. Actually, a couple of them were bordering on being curt, as if I was bothering them. The General Manager sent me a survey via email. Needless to say, the survey reflected poorly on the hotel. The only positive thing I could say about this recent stay was that the housekeeping staff kept the room clean and was very responsive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
RickErdos, Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Dear E9erX30

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor handling of your room request. I have taken the liberty of discussing the issue in detail with the relevant departments. I was pleased to read your positive comments about our Housekeeping team.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa Bahrain.

Regards,
The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa Bahrain
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my husband who was on a business trip to Bahrain. The rooms were spacious, and beds and piillows were very comfortable. It would have to be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in! Staff were very professional and courteous and as we were there for four nights, even remembered our names when we went down for breakfast! We had dinner at the Mondo Bar Italian restaurant, and the food and service were excellent. There are a number of restaurants to choose from. Breakfast was very nice, with many choices with the buffet. Coffee was mediocre though! but that is being picky.

The pool area was lovely, and you can order drinks and food at the poolside cafe.

The only complaint I may have had with the hotel was that the check in and check out took ages! I would recommend this hotel to either business travellers or holiday makers.

The hotel is just across the freeway from the National Museum, which is definitely worth a visit.

My husband and I had lunch at Cafe Lilou in Manama, which was fantastic. The cafe is reminiscent of a 19th century Parisian brasserie and as well as beautiful surrounds, the food was excellent. We chose it as we were wandering past, as there were alot of Arabs seated in the restaurant, so we thought that we would go where the locals go, as they would know! Try the many fruit juices, they were divine! The restaurant itself is not licensed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa? Share your experiences!